New Badges fitted with pictures

First of our four fobs done.......

45C9156C-2D6A-4E33-9BF8-F474B2511A63_zps

2702C244-A959-4057-8C50-2CB8210E5E3F_zps

Having now done the second fob ive realised the fob design has been changed slightly over the years..... The first one i did was from my 2010 car and the badge fits inside the recess well as can be seen in the two pics above.... The second fob i've done is from a 2005 car and the recess isn't as deep therefore the badge is slightly more raised on this fob. The top and bottom halves of the fob are slightly different sizes on the two fobs too.

The older fob also has a small philips screw under the badge soi as to replace the fob battery i think.

• Like 1

All four done....

You can see what i mean about the slight change in design.... The 2010 fobs are the two on the left and the 2005 fobs are the two on the right.... Notice the split between the two halves don't match between the two different designs.... And the slightly larger recess around the badges on the newer fobs on the left.

I also found the older fobs were easier to get the badges off and the newer fobs were a bugger to get the badges off.

9F322E06-AAE3-4812-9F7F-A584B86A1E95_zps

• Like 1

Still no badges today, did you post 2nd class Kevin?

I did yes. Some have arrived quick, yours not.

If they don't arrive I'll refund you as I have no spares. But hopefully it won't come to that.

I did yes. Some have arrived quick, yours not.

If they don't arrive I'll refund you as I have no spares. But hopefully it won't come to that.

I'll give it a few more days Kevin see if they turn up pal. I'll let you know the out come.

Kevin if the badges don't arrive for j600arv I would be happy to post a couple on for him if that helps?

. Thanks for the thought Daz. I'm gonna leave it a few more days just incase it's lost somewhere in Royal Mail

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking about the scratching / marking issue with the fob badges..... Would it be feasible before fitting them to give them a quick spray over with a clear lacquer / top coat to maybe give them a little extra protection? I have a couple left as spares so if any of ours get really bad i think i'll try it before putting them on the fobs.

• 1 month later...

To save me sifting through 33 pages can anyone tell me what the part numbers are for the best fitting front and rear badges and centre caps for a facelift estate?

It's on the first page. First post

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1

Thanks - there was some debate in regard to correct fitment but I see the original post has been edited.

There was at first as the original op was the guinea pig. So a bit of trial and error, but as you said it's been edited and the new part numbers are correct

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1