So, Who's doing what to celebrate Liz's 60th

Auric Goldfinger

But the Coronation was on 2nd June 1953 not 1952, so it's only 59 years since she came to the thrown. We are all celebrating 60 years since her father death.

Which was when she actually succeeded him to become queen

If you pass an exam, it doesn't only count from the day you get your certificate presented (I don't think)

• Like 2

But the Coronation was on 2nd June 1953 not 1952, so it's only 59 years since she came to the thrown. We are all celebrating 60 years since her father death.

Liz ascended to the throne upon her fathers death, so has been queen 60 years. Just formalities done the year after.

• Like 1

Which was when she actually succeeded him to become queen

If you pass an exam, it doesn't only count from the day you get your certificate presented (I don't think)

pah! beat to me to it :)

Well I can officially wear my chocolate QDJM medal from the 5th but I doubt I'll be mounting it anytime soon! I'll probably spend the day pottering around a lake or fell.

Which was when she actually succeeded him to become queen If you pass an exam, it doesn't only count from the day you get your certificate presented (I don't think)
Liz ascended to the throne upon her fathers death, so has been queen 60 years. Just formalities done the year after.

I had a feeling that was the answer and the other Jubilees were in 1977 and 2002, not 1978 and 2003.

However I'm sure I can remember some sort of celebration in July 2003 after the 2002 Golden Jubilee though.

Just an idea but you can get a P & O ferry Dover / Calais for £40 return for Tuesday, leave 11am return 7pm

er,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18307471

Probably nothing much.

SWMBO just came out of hospi after an eye operation, she's walking around indoors in sunglasses so a bit quiet.

I have just joined some of the neighbours in putting up some ( £2 from The Range) bunting, mainly to annoy the other "Bah, Humbug" neighbours. :devil:

Mums birthday.

Seeing sister too.

Driving the Octy VRS back from Devon.

Roll on the Republic,

Anarchy in the UK, God saving the Queen, it's a Facist regime, ......

God save the queen

The fascist regime

They made you a moron

Potential H-bomb

God save the queen

She ain't no human being

There is no future

In England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want

Don't be told what you need

There's no future, no future,

No future for you

God save the queen

We mean it man

We love our queen

God saves

God save the queen

'Cause tourists are money

And our figurehead

Is not what she seems

Oh God save history

God save your mad parade

Oh Lord God have mercy

All crimes are paid

When there's no future

How can there be sin

We're the flowers in the dustbin

We're the poison in your human machine

We're the future, your future

God save the queen

We mean it man

We love our queen

God saves

God save the queen

We mean it man

And there is no future

In England's dreaming

No future, no future,

No future for you

No future, no future,

No future for me

No future, no future,

No future for you

No future, no future

For you

Bunting up, Union flags flying, daughter in a diamond jubilee t-shirt and most of the shopping done. Were having a big BBQ, beers,wines, games etc on Monday with some family, freinds and neighbours.Im fed up with all the Anti Royal bah bloody humbug attitudes to be honest, they are a bit boring now (and yes we all have a copy of the Sex Pistols stashed away somewhere so don't rattle that tat off to me)

Im no Royalist but hey in these days of economic doom and gloom where folk walk about with faces that make a slapped trout look happy, I dont need an excuse to have a party and a knees up. If the govenment want to give me two extra days off work and call it a Jubilee, then thats the excuse ill use. Why not embace it and (god forbid) try to enjoy it! You never know, your cracked faces might even force a smile!

Take a bow Maa'm.

Rant over.

• Like 1

I'm personally fed up with it because

1) its not a Monday holiday here so I am at work Monday off tuesday. My son is at school for Monday , then off tuesday and then back in. My wife is not allowed either day off. Again her company is giving English staff both days off but has prohibited scottish staff from even using annual leave to take either day off.

2). We are supposedly so hard up we are cutting off cash from all sorts of vulnerable and disabled people and yet they can blow a million quid on a barge let alone who knows how much on the rest.

3). We are scrimping and saving and making soldiers and sailors redundant and yet (see above re barges etc).

To be honest it is the media overkill that's annoying. I have nothing whatsoever against the Queen herself.

Oh and on the subject of media and the recession.... the papers were reporting the other day that the Scottish economy had just had its sixteenth straight month of growth and house prices were up 10% on the year so pardon me if I take umbrage with the one size fits all Anglo centric message on tv that we're all in a double dip recession.

I hope you have a nice time but remember its not a totally national holiday. Banging on about it as though it were is a bit wearing for those of us not allowed to take the day off. :huh:

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

I'm personally fed up with it because

1) its not a Monday holiday here so I am at work Monday off tuesday. My son is at school for Monday , then off tuesday and then back in. My wife is not allowed either day off. Again her company is giving English staff both days off but has prohibited scottish staff from even using annual leave to take either day off.

2). We are supposedly so hard up we are cutting off cash from all sorts of vulnerable and disabled people and yet they can blow a million quid on a barge let alone who knows how much on the rest.

3). We are scrimping and saving and making soldiers and sailors redundant and yet (see above re barges etc).

To be honest it is the media overkill that's annoying. I have nothing whatsoever against the Queen herself.

Oh and on the subject of media and the recession.... the papers were reporting the other day that the Scottish economy had just had its sixteenth straight month of growth and house prices were up 10% on the year so pardon me if I take umbrage with the one size fits all Anglo centric message on tv that we're all in a double dip recession.

I hope you have a nice time but remember its not a totally national holiday. Banging on about it as though it were is a bit wearing for those of us not allowed to take the day off. :huh:

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Cast your vote shortly and us holidaying, Jubilee swinging English with our mass shrinking economy will be nothing but a distant memory in the minds of aging Scots. Who needs us English anyway?