MPG/Miles to a Tank

Hello there!

I've now filled my vRS up a number of times and I can't seem to get any more than 460 miles till the fuel light coming on. Weather this is all motorway driving at 70mph for a full tank or it be mostly short town journeys. I'm returning between 48-52 mpg per tank. I just feel that it should be returning a little more.

I always use Shell fuel, and have tried using additives such as red-ex. The car is totallly standard performance wise.

Are these figures similar to what you're getting?

48-52 is exactly what i get. It spends it's life on the M1 to return these figures not quite at 70mph ;)

The thing is, my fuel light tends to come on around 380-400 miles and i fill up when the cars done 420-430 miles. Every time i fill up, i do the maths on a calculator before i leave the forecourt so the figures are accurate. How are you calculating yours?

I calculate them on an app on my phone, also do them as soon as I fill up. Pleased to hear that you are returning similar figures. I think I am just used to the Fiesta as that always would get 500 miles till the light, 600+ if it was all motorway.

I calculate them on an app on my phone, also do them as soon as I fill up. Pleased to hear that you are returning similar figures. I think I am just used to the Fiesta as that always would get 500 miles till the light, 600+ if it was all motorway.

How big is the festa tank ;)

Over the course of 28 thou miles I'm averaging 49 mpg mostly motorway but very spirited. Also tend to vent it so she at the brim. So usually 550 mile to a tank with 80 miles left on the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550 miles to a tank at 49 mpg. That would make your tank 51 Litres. I only ever manage to get 39-40 Litres in mine which usually involves a good few clicks at the pump. What gives?

• Like 1

550 miles to a tank at 49 mpg. That would make your tank 51 Litres. I only ever manage to get 39-40 Litres in mine which usually involves a good few clicks at the pump. What gives?

Pretty sure they hold around 55 litres when you fill the expansion.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/144686-venting-the-tank/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

495 miles until the needle gets into the red from full, averaging 49-53mpg+. My daily commute is 44 miles driving on A roads and dual carriageway.

Edited by VRSD30

So far including the expansion trick I've done 450miles with trip still saying 150miles til empty. This is a combination of a few long motorway drives and a fair bit of town driving. When I refil I wil calculate mpg properly.

Filling right up to the brim, including the expansion tank, I can normally see around 580 - 590 miles to a tank, 44 miles to work each way, includes a mixture of country roads, duel carriageways and a motorway. Have had the Average MPG read 70mpg before, although I sometimes doubt its accuracy! :think:

IMAG0158.jpg

Filling right up to the brim, including the expansion tank, I can normally see around 580 - 590 miles to a tank, 44 miles to work each way, includes a mixture of country roads, duel carriageways and a motorway. Have had the Average MPG read 70mpg before, although I sometimes doubt its accuracy! :think:

IMAG0158.jpg

Pretty impressive, are you driving the car very gently and changing up to a higher gear fairly swiftly? the most i've had is 515 miles to empty without ever filling the expansion tank to the brim.

775 miles to empty driving to wales and running around down there. I must get evidence of these miles to tank or mpg, cos no one ever believs me

576711_548821098799_1955177146_n.jpg

I had these reading's after driving upto the Lake's fully loaded for a week, and then driving around the area (rather spirited I might add) with 4 adults in all the time and stopping and starting. Didn't take a pic once I was back home but the car nearly did 600 miles, this was after filling the expansion tank aswell

Pretty impressive, are you driving the car very gently and changing up to a higher gear fairly swiftly? the most i've had is 515 miles to empty without ever filling the expansion tank to the brim.

I don't drive that gently, I just cruise around 65 - 70mph most of the time, but do have a few spirited moments.

• Like 1

QQ im only getting 38 - 42 mpg at the moment. I think i have the dreadded MAF symptoms as is down a bit on power too. I used to get +50. I tried to clean it with eletical cleaner but it made no difference although it was sooty. This is six months down the line from installing a green cotton panel filter. I have gone back to standard filter but think ithe green may have killed my MAF. I have scanned it and it shows no error codes. I replaced my leaking egr but my mpg is still poor, sound like maf to yall?. Also the vacuume box n75 on right wing is making a rather loud hissing, vacuume leak?. Seems to have developed a while after the garage did the cambelt change. Any help appreciated, sry if i highjacked the tread!.

Edited by RAPTURE

I get between 48 and 57 depending on the driving style, my usual commute is mainly motorway with a bit of town driving. Even completely caining it on holiday with the aircon on the lowest I got mine was 45mpg.

I always fill my tank to the first click, and then work it out on my phone. I try to use V Power etc when I can but often go for bogo Tesco fuel as it's the closest be me and there isn't really another fuel station on my daily drive.