What's the age of Superb II drivers?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine (1.8 DSG with e few options) on the 5th of May with a 10 - 13 week lead in time. It'll be interesting to see if theses estimates from our respective dealers are anywhere near accurate. From what I've read in this forum...I reckon they may be rather optimistic. Fingers crossed!

My dealer contacted me yesterday with a provisional build week of 27 (week commencing 2nd July).

Assuming that doesn't change I can hope to get my grubby (OK, carefuly washed) mitts on the car around end of July.

That would make it 9 weeks from order to delivery!

However I must remember the word, provisional!

Physically 46 - mentally a lot younger :giggle:

Had the Superb at 45, before that an Octavia Scout for 3 years, before that Octavia II 4x4 for 3 years and before that Octavia I for 3 years...

45. Before the Superb had a V70, various 3 and 5 series, Saabs and Mercs.

Had the Superb 2 weeks now and delighted with it. The only thing that would improve it would be working out how to switch off the sodding epileptic cornering fog lights.....

Picked my Elegance Estate 4x4 DSG 3 days before my 25th birthday. Have to carry a far bit of kit around with me for work and have to be available 24/7 come rain or shine so this was the car for me. Especially when covering 30k per year.

I bought my first Superb 191FSI V6 4x4 DSG, (& first Skoda for that matter), 3 days before I turned 60.   Prior to this I've had FordGT V8 performance cars since my early 20s.   Still feel much younger at heart, so I wanted something with good performance for touring in Australia, but much easier for me to fit my frame in comfortably.    I really do not like FWD cars at all, but these days virtually every manufacturer is going this el cheapo route. I don't like it for touring & I don't like the mechanical stresses of both power & steering being through the same point.    I have to admit I do miss real "right foot steering" power slides through tight corners up high mountain passes.    The Superb has proved to be a fantastic sports sedan, but time I drove more conservatively.   After all, higher & higher traffic fines & speed cameras everywhere is what paid for much of the Sydney olympics.   I'll bet that's how London is paying for its great white elephant too.

41 now, delivered when I was 37.

Mark 1 Superb when I was 32.

Oh and an Octavia vRS TFSI when I was 35.

Been hanging around this site for approaching 10 years!

Dan

Bought my Skoda just before Christmas last year after years in Mercs and BMWs.

55 when I got it and now turned 56. Very happy with the car and no regrets. Looking forward to a staycation touring holiday later in the year.

39 at last birthday. Now on Skoda number 15! Between us my wife have owned Fabias MkI and II, Yetis, Octavias and a previous Superb. I have a Superb with a Citigo on order as our second car.

Just in case it doesn't come across. I like Skodas.

I have a very co-operative and friendly dealer who always looks after me!

Another merc convert here age 51 and just picked up a a Superb Estate. Merc quality (or lack of it) was starting to get on my nerves.

33 and recently sold my e91 330I m sport for a 170 dsg elegance. Very happy at the moment but think I may get bored in 6 months. But then that gives me an excuse for a weekend vehicle!!

Yep, that's what I'm like, I'm going to keep the superb for day to day running and taking the dogs out.

I'm now saving up for a fun weekend motor, the plan is to pay the superb off in the next 6 months.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

45. Before the Superb had a V70, various 3 and 5 series, Saabs and Mercs.

Had the Superb 2 weeks now and delighted with it. The only thing that would improve it would be working out how to switch off the sodding epileptic cornering fog lights.....

It´s a 10 seconds job with VCDS ;)

Just ordered my first at 55. Many years of company cars the anticipation of getting it after all the good words here is killing me!!!!!!!!!!

What have you ordered?

Born 1953. Stopped maturing in 1977. Cars there have been many; 1st was a Hillman Minx. Somewhere there was a Fiat 130, Ferrari 246 and then marriage. More Italian stuff but much less exciting (expensive) than previous. Then German compact rocketships. Now as I approach my best years (?) a Skoda V6 4x4 combi. As a motorcyclist I need to have a car than can give a bit; the car is not full time 4x4 like the old Audi but when the call beckons it still seems to be able to deliver.

Almost 65 and loving it(the Superb that is - not being almost 65).

In my time have had Volvo, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Ford, VW, Renault etc etc - the Superb Elegance 170 Tdi 4x4 is in the top 2...... Loved my Volvo S60 about 7 years ago.

Also the Superb tows brilliantly - pulls like a train!

My wife reckons I must be the youngest superb driver in the world. I am going to get her to read this thread!!

I was 33 when I bought my superb2. She only ever sees the older gentleman driving them and finds it very funny!!