Are you being held hostage in the UK too?

oriki

Last week I had my 2000cc DSG serviced for the first time,15000 KM.

I was charged the equivilent of 120 GBP

I found this a total outrage,as the only thing they did was change the oil and the oil filter,other than a visual check of the brake pads,etc.

I feel I am being held hostage by the Skoda dealership in this country,at least for the first two years so I do not void the guarantee.

I can tell you they have already lost me as a customer.

I am wondering if you Yeti owners are in the same position in the UK, as I have seen this link, which is outragous too.

http://www.skoda.co..../servicing.aspx

The "minor" service price is outrageous,is it not? (not to mention the "major" one......)

Edited by oriki

Here in India, I pay almost the same, so I guess it is not much. All that they do in this scheduled service is:

1.) Engine Oil change

2.) Oil Filter change

3.) Pollen Filter change

4.) Brakes check

5.) Wheel Balancing + Alignment

6.) VAG-COM connection to reset Faults/Service Interval (charged for this)

Our local garage was quoting me the following costs for an upcoming service in a Fabia

Minor service - £149

Car Valet - £15

Brake fluid change - £55

MOT - £30

Bit of a rip off as the skoda website has the service price as £129 and brakes at £45 and my car wasn't even due one this year! In the end, I thought I'd save my money and get a new Yeti. Not from them though, they've lost me (possibly for good), instead I got one from 300 miles away.

How's this, a good deal or what:--

I received my letter today regarding the 2 year servicing deal ( on my recent purchase an 11 plate Octavia Tsi Vrs DSG )

The deal starts in June 2012 with a start mileage of 9 K

First service is June 2013 or 19K

Second service is June 2014 or 29K. It's serviced by the book so what ever needs doing on that service it gets done, ie:- brake fluid change etc ect

Then 2 MOT's protected so I assume that if anything needs doing it's paid for under the deal

Applies to new/used car sales only

£149.99 all in

Not a bad deal, can be serviced at any Skoda dealer. My car is on the national system so any dealer can see the servicing deal.

Quite pleased as it sounds good

I received my letter today regarding the 2 year servicing deal ( on my recent purchase an 11 plate Octavia Tsi Vrs DSG )

Second service is June 2014 or 29K. It's serviced by the book so what ever needs doing on that service it gets done, ie:- brake fluid change etc ect

Then 2 MOT's protected so I assume that if anything needs doing it's paid for under the deal

£149.99 all in

Not a bad deal, can be serviced at any Skoda dealer. My car is on the national system so any dealer can see the servicing deal.

I'd snap there hand off, unless you can find a catch. .

I'd g

£149.99 all in

I'd go for it. They had a poster up at my local garage offering a similar plan for double the price. I wonder if this is garage specific or if I can expect a letter after I get my car...

I'd go for it. They had a poster up at my local garage offering a similar plan for double the price. I wonder if this is garage specific or if I can expect a letter after I get my car...

I've already signed up for it . It was offered by the dealer who I bought the car from. The letter was confirming the deal.

You do NOT have to use a Skoda garage to do your servicing and keep your warranty valid, and garage will do as long as they use Skoda approved parts and follow the schedule will do. If you don't fancy the idea, simply phone another Skoda garage and ask them for a quote for the service, you will be amazed how much you can save. The one thing NEVER to do is just hand over your car the the supplying garage without having agreed a price...true for all manufactures and all dealers!

Chris

Agree - any garage will do (subject to using correct parts etc).

One option is to shop around the other VAG outlets in your area. Quite often a Seat or VW dealer will quote keenly. There can be no argument that the correct VAG parts have been used this way.

Edited by lookingforit35

You do NOT have to use a Skoda garage to do your servicing and keep your warranty valid, and garage will do as long as they use Skoda approved parts and follow the schedule will do. If you don't fancy the idea, simply phone another Skoda garage and ask them for a quote for the service, you will be amazed how much you can save. The one thing NEVER to do is just hand over your car the the supplying garage without having agreed a price...true for all manufactures and all dealers!

Chris

Chris

OP is in Israel, might be different there.

tom

£120-ish for an oil-change service sounds entirely reasonable to me, given that it includes the oil (semi- or fully-synthetic) and filter, plus the technician and service manager's wages for doing the work including all the visual and diagnostic checks, checking for service bulletins/recalls/updates, plus the overheads of running premises full of equipment and tools, loan cars, etc.

I'm not convinced that VW/BMW/Jaguar can justify charging (in my experience) around 3x that figure - although the latter have been notably keen to negotiate recently.

Mark

I'm not convinced that VW/BMW/Jaguar can justify charging (in my experience) around 3x that figure -

My last BMW was £150 for 5 years/60000 miles worth of services (bought as a deal with the car)

Last week I had my 2000cc DSG serviced for the first time,15000 KM.

I was charged the equivilent of 120 GBP

I found this a total outrage,as the only thing they did was change the oil and the oil filter,other than a visual check of the brake pads,etc.

I feel I am being held hostage by the Skoda dealership in this country,at least for the first two years so I do not void the guarantee.

I can tell you they have already lost me as a customer.

I am wondering if you Yeti owners are in the same position in the UK, as I have seen this link, which is outragous too.

http://www.skoda.co..../servicing.aspx

The "minor" service price is outrageous,is it not? (not to mention the "major" one......)

Assuming you had a 1st year 'fixed' service I feel £120 is reasonable an certainly on par with UK prices. Outrageous; I don't beleive so.

As for UK, having had Kevin serviced recently (1st variable @ 18,000 mlies/18 months) my dealer told me that Skoda UK had standardised servicing throughout UK, so there's no case for finding dealers in differing parts of the country charging differing amounts. There's always the chance of some local 'discount' perhaps.

Overall, IMHO, Skoda servicing costs are pretty fair.

1st service on my Yeti with about 2500 miiles on the clock , main dealer cost here in Jersey £283.00. Thankfully I have taken the service plan.

It's the labour rates here that bump the price up, most main dealers about £95 per hour, the premium brands £120 per hour.