4x4 Turbo - Sleeper-ish :o)

CRAIGROBBO

Small update...

The old girl is coming to 110,000 miles.

I have booked her in @ Skoda on 14th March for.

New oil pickup pipe/strainer.

New oil pump.

New oil pump chain & tensioner.

Oil & filter change.

I had a MK2 MR2 a few year back and the oil pump failed causing terminal engine damage so just piece of mind for me ha ha.

Cheers Craig

Hi All,

Advice......

I am soon to purchase my new upgraded clutch kit but after some advice on the flyhweel please..

I have 2 options with the kit both G60 lightned, 1st is 10kgs or 2nd 7kgs.

Just unsure which weight option to go for??.... Im guessing the lighter 7kgs will require a few more revs to move the car from a standing start but other than this i would guess the lighter option would be best??...

Cheers Craig

Hi All,

Well I had the car in at the Skoda Main Dealer today for oil change / pick up pipe and a new oil pump fitted!.

Picked the car up and joined the dual carriageway and got flashed twice but thought nothing of it. Pulled up at the roundabout and a van driver flagged me down saying both my rear wheels are wobbly and gona fall off!! So straight in the layby jacked it up and spun the rear wheels! Sure enough both twisted!

I can't feel any vibration at all when driving so don't know if they have been like this from fitting? But I would think the tyre fitter would have been unable to balance them?.

Will have a look on Saturday and see what the problem is? But it's just decking great!! Back to the TT alloys I think!

Cheers from a slightly peeded off Craig....

Hi All,

Well after sleeping on it last night im thinking on the below points.

1. Whats the chances of just buckling both rear wheels with no damage to the fronts?..

2. If they were buckled when i got them would the tyre fitter not have noticed when trying to balance them up?.

3. If two of them were buckled when i got them whats the chance of me unknowingly fitting both on the rear?.

I'm starting to think that both rear spacers might not be sitting fulsh against the hub, I.E. sitting raised on the little screw that holds the disk in place?.

Will be having a good look tomorrow and fingers crossed this is just something trivial and i dont have to throw my new wheels in the scrap....

Cheers Craig....

Wonky Wheel Update,

Ripped a wheel of today and fitted one of the Audi one back on complete with the spacers and it spun straight as a die!.

So took the rear spacer of and fitted the new wheel back on bolted it up spun it and it spun straight as a die!! Good this means its not the wheels!. Feeeuuuuwwwww.

So I fitted the spacer into the back of the Audi wheel and it fitted perfect!.

Fitted the spacer into the back of the new wheel and it has approx a 3mm gap between the face of the spacer and the face of the back of the wheel, this is allowing the wheel to float slightly! Hence running like a bent wheel!.

So the back of the new wheels does not allow the hub of the spacer to sit far enough through! Easy fix I will take the spacers in to work and take off approx 2mm+ on the tapered part allowing the spacer to sit flush in the new wheel!.

Just pleased nothing bad happened whilst driving! Could of caused a bad accident!.

Cheers Craig

Just read the whole thread, Great build, I do love estates!,

Just out of interest roughly what mpg do you get if driven sensibly (ish)

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

I do about 70 miles a week to work and if I just plod along I roughly get 27 mpg / but I have had it down to 18/19 mpg :0)

Cheers Craig

Little update,

One short shift kit arrived this morning.

IMG_0737_zps21842872.jpg

just waiting on the bracket bushes coming from Verdict Motorsports in the states..

Cheers

Craig

who made that craig?

Little update,

One short shift kit arrived this morning.

IMG_0737_zps21842872.jpg

just waiting on the bracket bushes coming from Verdict Motorsports in the states..

Cheers

Craig

i got one of those nice mod! i ballsed up fitting it took me a few attempts lol

Update,

Little package arrived from Verdict Motorsports today with my shift bracket bushes....

IMG_0743_zps90531647.jpg

IMG_0744_zpsfb643d04.jpg

Also bought some new rear ARB bushes...

IMG_0742_zpsdcb1a12a.jpg

Got a few things piled up to get fitted but im away this weekend and next so will be mid april before i got up to speed.

Cheers Craig...

Hi All,

Just had the tyres removed from the Audi TT Alloys, they will be off next week to get shot blasted and preped for paint.

Will use these for track days / winter wheels me thinks.

image_zps4e8bf8ad.jpg

Craig

• Like 1