LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

"the yellowy front lights (ones down below that come on when turning corner)" - those are also your fog lights  ;)   I'm not taking the mickey - its just so you know what to look for when investigating options. I think you will be looking for "H8"  led equivalents when it comes to the fogs.

I have the bi xenons as well but I haven't changed any bulbs myself. Problem is - where do you stop? Do the fog lights then do the license plate lights. But then there are the interior front dome lights, rear dome lights, the interior mood lights (front footwell and rear footwells), the under mirror lights, the under door lights, the estate/hatch lights....  my automotive OCD would make me do them all!

Wasn't sure whether to term them as fogs or not, given that they're always on tbh. One of my rear numberplate lights has gone, so needs replacing & I've always hated how poor the fogs look in relation to the Xenons :)

Wasn't sure whether to term them as fogs or not, given that they're always on tbh. One of my rear numberplate lights has gone, so needs replacing & I've always hated how poor the fogs look in relation to the Xenons :)

I made a right tit of myself over the "Corner Function" fog lights. I was turning in front of a shop window and saw a fog light was on. Thought i had an electrical issue as I didn't have the fogs on and only one of them was working. Then i was reversing out of my drive and saw both fogs on and again - I hadn't turned them on...

Then I read this stuff in the manual...DOH!

The CORNER function lights the front fog lamp on the relevant side of the vehicle to illuminate the area around the vehicle when turning, parking, etc.
The CORNER function is switched on automatically if the following conditions are met.

     The turn signal is switched on or the front wheels are turned sharply to the right or left).
     The engine is running.
   The vehicle is stopped or moves at a speed of no more than 40 km/h.
     The low beam is switched on or the light switch is in the position and the low beam is switched on.
    The daytime running lights are not switched on.
    The fog lights are not switched on.

Note The two fog lights are switched on when you shift into the reverse gear.

I get stopped because of my headlights when i'm in multi-story car parks. As I live in an area without streetlights - when I turn off the ignition,  I have mine set to a long delay before going out (it lights up the front of the house while I get my front door unlocked).

In badly lit multi story car parks, it thinks it is night and leaves them on for the long delay. Lots of helpful people then beep and tell me to go back or I'll run down my battery..... 

I've just changed my DRLs to these which are a lot brighter than the first lot of LEDs I put in. These are CREE like the ones Jake has but with further CREE chips around the sides so as to light up the reflector more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And a picture of them working in the car.....

9878ca07797b547dba265d79e8659232_zpsux3w

I was following this thread ages ago and kind of lost off anyways i came across it again and took the plunge buying the ones in the link having wasted £12 on others so the question is i fitted the cree drl's and the errors are showing instantly any one got any tips about the errors before i leave bad feedback thanks inadvance ....

Will,

Having read this feed with interest myself over the last year it appears to be a bit of a lottery as to whether an "error free" bulb will actually be "error free" because the SII CANBUS system changes depending on the year/model/coding of the vehicle and it's eerily sensitive anyway. Most people either solder in resistors or get something similar to these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401009696161

Will,

Having read this feed with interest myself over the last year it appears to be a bit of a lottery as to whether an "error free" bulb will actually be "error free" because the SII CANBUS system changes depending on the year/model/coding of the vehicle and it's eerily sensitive anyway. Most people either solder in resistors or get something similar to these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401009696161

Didn't even know you could get those .yo be honest i could of paid for them and got a lower priced cree ,thanks i will look into it 

I have to say the faffing about is greater than the benefit so I've gone back to the crappy standard bulbs

I can understand so far i have spent £35 on these drl's the first ones didn't work ( something to do with the pins) so i put them into the tear cluster nice and bright though 

A bit different topic but my boot light is gone. I took off the plastic housing but seems to be completely assembled. Can i change only the bulb inside? I did not want break the housing.

Thx for hints

Scroll to thread 5 i might help http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/352735-led-internal-lights/?hl=%2Bled+%2Bdrl#entry4230892

• 2 weeks later...

So, the facelifted estate uses Amber Bau15s / PY21W-bulbs and white Ba15s / P21W-bulbs. 

The big question is, do the LED-replacements need to be canbus error free? Or is it possible to code them via VCDS?

Has anyone tried using led's as blinkers and backup?

Tried some w16w for reverse lights and get random bulb out notices! Tried a variety of them now and still not found a set that's reliable.

Might try some of the Osram ones soon

I'm pretty sure you either need resistors or coding to make it work.

• 3 months later...

I've just changed my DRLs to these which are a lot brighter than the first lot of LEDs I put in. These are CREE like the ones Jake has but with further CREE chips around the sides so as to light up the reflector more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And a picture of them working in the car.....

9878ca07797b547dba265d79e8659232_zpsux3w

Fickle they are indeed.

+1 for these - opted for these after WaveyDavey suggested them. No errors at first but not anymore as I've installed a set of these:

360_0_productGfx_86d94760a9632562c014d7b

Finally bought a pair of these LED's for my DRL's but they're flagging bulb errors (mine is MY11 Dec 2010 60 reg). Was looking to buy these inline resisters as recommended above but they appear to be discontinued. These are the only ones i can see on their website - they're quoted as being 'Standard' whereas the ones above are 'Premium'. Anyone tried these?

c59f93df434f2217f280177df1373d75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...