commadore 64

stu_mcl

We have one of these sitting up the loft with piles of games, does anyone know how much these sell for nowadays or if theres any special games worth loads or anything? Think the console we have is a limited edition terminator 2 one

Put it back up in the loft for another 30 years.

Some of the tapes may have lost their data now anyway. Apparently they demagnetise over time.

I am from the C64 era. Loved that machine. Jet set willy goes for good money. Bruce Lee as well.

Aprrently we have hundreds of games......lurking somewhere amongst the 5000000suit cases 47483937 duvet sets and the 849494736373930 cardboard boxes of my toys from when i was younger :(

If it's boxed with manuals etc then you might get a pretty penny.

But I'd agree with the others that you'd be better to store it safe for another 30yr.

Chuck in a bundle or 10 of silica gel then wrap the lot in a big antistatic bag, then in an airtight bag for good measure.

Some of the tapes may have lost their data now anyway. Apparently they demagnetise over time.

Not true, they'll still be as good today as they were then. I have cassette tapes dating back to the late 1960's and they still play today without any problems at all.

I had a Vic 20, they were Commadore too IIRC.

Aprrently we have hundreds of games......lurking somewhere amongst the 5000000suit cases 47483937 duvet sets and the 849494736373930 cardboard boxes of my toys from when i was younger :(

Jeez sounds like our loft - luckily we've just moved so I've managed to bin a lot of stuff!

• Like 1

I sold a C64, boxed with all polys instructions and some games for £40 on ebay.

Have sold a LOT of my vintage computer collection over the last year. Most I got for one for £270 for an Atari ST which was still sealed as new.

Unless your C64 is in brand new condition it won't get a lot, there are plenty of them around.

....and the 849494736373930 cardboard boxes of my toys from when i was younger :(

Were you a tad spoiled as a nipper by any chance? :rofl:

Gaz

Were you a tad spoiled as a nipper by any chance? :rofl:

Gaz

I was an only child so yeah i got everything

Also everything is in perfect condition still fully boxed with instructions and everything i belive :)

Wouldn't mind knowing myself what they are worth, got one stashed up in the loft also with load's of games and still fully boxed up, used to love playing Totall Recall, Robocop and Monty on the Run. All still boxed up aswell.

Having played some of the online versions of the games, I now realise how crap the graphics were, both on the C64 & ZX Spectrum.

It was the ZX Spectrum that got me hooked on computers and programming and I too thought I'd re-live some of the "glory days" by playing some of the games online. Big mistake and well and truly shattered my rose-tinted specs. :rofl: Same with the Atari/Amiga, which I remember as making the big step up to 16-bit home computing based on the excellent 68k processor with revloutionary multi-tasking, massive amounts of memory and superior sound and graphics. My re-living stopped there and I switched on the XBox :D

Chris

The computer itself won't be worth a fortune - a mint condition boxed original shape C64 will fetch you £50-70 or so - less if it's an unboxed later model.

What is more valuable would be a disk drive (especially if boxed), but the real highlight will be the games. If they are copies then they are basically bin-fodder. If they are budget re-releases or compilation tapes then they aren't really worth much.

The real gold mine is boxed original release games - often the ones that are in twin cassette sized cases or cardboard boxes - they can be worth a huge amount.

Just had a quick look on Ebay and Paradroid sold for £16 on tape and £100 on disk!

If anyone here is interested in selling any old computers can you let me know as I might be interested in buying them for my collection (and not to sell on Ebay).