Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Could you stick a blue one in there just so it shines blue while its on? Or you said it might shine purple I don't mind so long as it attracts my attention.

Don't worry if you've got no spare ones though mate. Damn the air con panel sounds like a right nightmare!

Had a 5" silencer put in yesterday, the bloke wasnt sure whether to put in a 4.5" but went for the 5" to play it safe. Absolutely love the sound, sounds so much different to a mufflerectomy and may I add no longer sounds diesely.

Had my new tip fitted too which looks so much better and standard looking.

Did manage to get a video of the car before the silencer was fitted which I will upload soon. Also managed to keep the mufflerectomy which I think I'm going to stick up for sale since there's no point in it taking up any space :)

I'll get a few pics when it's light and in not in work mate, the back box isn't very big but surely has brought the noise down, what ever you do Phil I wouldn't recommend a turbo back pipe, it's not very pleasant at all!

Never have I been told my car sounds like a bag of **** but it happened all the time with that setup lol

• Like 1

I've got a piper system cat back no silencer, with a custom decat pipe. 2.5 inch from turbo to back of car, get comments all day long about how awesome it sounds... Loud when you want it to be, subdued when cruising. But may need a cherry bomb in there somewhere, once it's mapped right.... We'll see

• Like 1

Mines a custom system, but I essentially can really see how a Piper pipe from the turbo and a custom pipe from the turbo is going to sound much different?

Not to mention of how slow it made the car feel, I gather it's due to no back pressure? I had to have it in 3rd gear for 30mph and 4th gear until I got to around 50mph ish, the car just felt gut less. There was no pidegon noise or anything it just sounded like an old tractor. Everything is back to normal now though now the silencer is in place :)

A few of my mates loved the sound but I told them that they should try living with it. My cousin text me saying that it sounded like my car was about to take off when I passed her.

Over all I was gutted and £200 down, but £80 for the silencer has made me very happy! I've got a video of it which I will upload later on for you all to hear.

Yer if its same bore etc there will be no difference. I see were you're coming from with living with it. I just want to know what others think as its the same set up as mine. Funny enough mine got fitted today and had a little video sent over and its ok but like you said i have to live with it so i will see when i get it back. Check my project thread out the video is on there see if its like yours was.

Ah, the living with it. I don't, massive sound system and fully deadened shell means as long as windows up i forget it's there. Noone else does though haha. Not like a tractor, guess it's down to the tip chosen, plus the tune of the down pipe. As for the back pressure, less is better, i have zero spool up time on the turbo, just boot and go, maybe one of your sensors was playing up? But mine is a pd100, kinda. :-)

Yer if its same bore etc there will be no difference. I see were you're coming from with living with it. I just want to know what others think as its the same set up as mine. Funny enough mine got fitted today and had a little video sent over and its ok but like you said i have to live with it so i will see when i get it back. Check my project thread out the video is on there see if its like yours was.

Sorry mate only just managed to get the video to work, wouldn't work on my phone lol.

I'd say it sounds pretty similar to mine, although yours may sound alot better if there is a hybrid blowing through it ;)

Don't get me wrong mine sounded nice when I was flooring it but it was far too loud and could attract unwanted attention, that's why I love the derv, it's nice to make progress without making to much noise ;)

Edited by DanHam

Ah, the living with it. I don't, massive sound system and fully deadened shell means as long as windows up i forget it's there. Noone else does though haha. Not like a tractor, guess it's down to the tip chosen, plus the tune of the down pipe. As for the back pressure, less is better, i have zero spool up time on the turbo, just boot and go, maybe one of your sensors was playing up? But mine is a pd100, kinda. :-)

Fair enough mate, I just think my days of having a loud car is over, my gsxr is plenty loud enough :D

I read that less was better but I could deffo feel a power drop, been driving it tonight and it feels alot better and my mpg is up too! I have to say that I was probably trying harder to keep mpg up with the straight pipe as that meant the exhaust was pretty quiet :p

So my new exhaust tip, I know the photo is rubbish, it was bad light and the camera on my iphone is crap! Apple really failed there didnt they! Didnt realise how bad it was until I viewed it on my tablet but Im sure it will look goood for those of you who use your calculators to browse the forum ;)

PicsArt_1361477942501_zpsba67e443.jpg

Also took a trip to halfords to pick up some paint to spray the door handles to match my car! £14 later....

23DFE87E-CBA9-4A67-A6FB-B49550B14D98-8694-000007C8E5DCC79C_zpse7a6e4ff.jpg

Going to start collecting the reducers etc in order to fit the fmic :)

Edited by DanHam

Ordered the silicone reducers for the SS cooler, 63 - 57mm. £10.36 for 2 delivered! Just the turbo clip, a few T bolts and a 90 degree reducer left to order, then need to book in for the custom pipework, shouldn't cost too much since I will mount the cooler etc before I go and also trim the crash bar etc not to mention that I'll be doing some of the fitting with him.

Looking forward to March 7th when Dark Hero will be doing the LED conversion on my dash to red :)

reducer_zpsc0f94fc6.jpg

800 bhp is the power I will be running after the cooler is fitted!

I'm joking....its the name of the seller on ebay!

Edited by DanHam
  • Like 1