Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Alright Dan,

Nice to meet you and a few other briskoda guys the other day at combe.

Fabia is looking well some decent updates too. The xenons, spiders and machine polish have transformed the car my only comment would be the tints don't know what it is but they seem to date the car? Keep it up mate.

Your car looks so good, especially being that clean. I need to see it in the flesh! Any news on whether Alex has recovered from his 14 hour machine polishing session yet? I saw him the day after and he virtually fell out of his car, haha! He did machine polish my spoiler for me despite that, didn't seem keen to do the rest of the car for some reason  :giggle:

• Like 1

Alright Dan,

Nice to meet you and a few other briskoda guys the other day at combe.

Fabia is looking well some decent updates too. The xenons, spiders and machine polish have transformed the car my only comment would be the tints don't know what it is but they seem to date the car? Keep it up mate.

Thanks Lloyd, great to meet you too, highly jealous of your ST!

Secretly I don't like the tints, the fronts I like but the rears are far to dark, I wanted the rears a shade darker than the fronts but when I got back to the tinting place I knew I didn't like them, may get them changed at some point :) thanks for the comments though :)

Your car looks so good, especially being that clean. I need to see it in the flesh! Any news on whether Alex has recovered from his 14 hour machine polishing session yet? I saw him the day after and he virtually fell out of his car, haha! He did machine polish my spoiler for me despite that, didn't seem keen to do the rest of the car for some reason :giggle:

I'm hoping I'll catch you in work one day, feel free to introduce yourself :)

I felt sorry for poor Alex, it will be me in pain when it's time to do his car though! I bet your car is looking good on the new wheels now though :)

• Like 1

I'm hoping I'll catch you in work one day, feel free to introduce yourself :)

I felt sorry for poor Alex, it will be me in pain when it's time to do his car though! I bet your car is looking good on the new wheels now though :)

Yeah hopefully, I'll say hello if I see you around! I'm meant to be a golf pro these days so I'm probably moving on from there soon though thankfully

He did say you were going to repay the favour sometime. Yeah it looks loads better, I do love those wheels. Only problem now is I'm still running standard shocks and springs so it's a bit high like. Just keep telling people it's in rally spec at the moment haha. I'm looking at putting AP shocks and springs on potentially, trying to stay away from cheap coilovers

Yeah hopefully, I'll say hello if I see you around! I'm meant to be a golf pro these days so I'm probably moving on from there soon though thankfully

He did say you were going to repay the favour sometime. Yeah it looks loads better, I do love those wheels. Only problem now is I'm still running standard shocks and springs so it's a bit high like. Just keep telling people it's in rally spec at the moment haha. I'm looking at putting AP shocks and springs on potentially, trying to stay away from cheap coilovers

Fair play, do you live in mold?

Yes stay away from cheap ones, I had FKs and they were ****! Blew after 8 months. Had 1 year warranty though but they were out of stock for 5 months, what a coincidence! So I had to buy APs really like them! Ap shock and spring kit is a good call though :)

Fair play, do you live in mold?

Yes stay away from cheap ones, I had FKs and they were ****! Blew after 8 months. Had 1 year warranty though but they were out of stock for 5 months, what a coincidence! So I had to buy APs really like them! Ap shock and spring kit is a good call though :)

I live in Hawarden actually, only about 5 miles from Mold! So I'm there quite often.

I think I'll sort the suspension over the next few months, when I've got the money haha - everyone I've spoken to has said avoid cheap at all costs

Seriously love those seats, bet you're well chuffed with them. I'd love factory leather in mine

I'm sure I've heard of that before so must be local haha!

I'm mega chuffed with the seats just want to go sit in the car and look at them! :D

Custom job?

Not sure yet seen one on eBay which I prefer, looks to fit better than a golf one which is a little bodged on the fitting IMO.

Custom job?

Not sure what I'm going to do yet mate, would settle for one which matches the leather trim to an extent.

Armster arm rests are spot on Dan. There should be one for the fabia

Thanks Josh, the one I've seen is on eBay for £50 or so, well it's on offer at the moment.

New seats look good, very very similar to my Seat Surgeon leather seats. I much prefer the leathers to the oem seats.

Thanks Lee, I absolutely love the leather, everyone who's got in the car so far has made a nice comment about them :)

UPDATE :- blew a boost hose off last night, couldn't stop straight away as was on dual carriage way, stopped 1/4 mile up the road only to find that it had been starring along the floor and left a nice big hole in it. Waiting for the missus to finish work to give me a lift to get a new one!

Depending on what I decide to do with the turbo setup I may opt to get some hard pipes made up bit by bit.

Still deciding now whether to actually carry on and go for the 2260 or just get another brand new hybrid with the billet wheel. Any input to help me decide is appreciated because I've got no idea what to do!

What's up with your current turbo?

My current turbo doesn't belong to me, I had the hybrid pd150 with billet wheel didn't I but I sold that to Jars on here because I was going for 2260 but 2260 didn't work out because the manifold was warped. Dean at Dirty Torque borrowed me his old pd150 hybrid frontier time being :)

Ah ok. Get a manifold of xmann and bolt it to that :)

I don't think it would flow very well for a big turbo? The tubular manifold with injectors would give me big power 270-280bhp with some smoke :(

Are they not just skimming the mounting face of the manifold and job done?

That's the idea but the manifolds aren't made in house they are made by a company who are a complete pain in the arse to deal with.

Any engineering firm could skim the manifold plate Dan.

Also the standard cast manifolds seem to actually flow pretty well!

The guy has had it back now :/ need to see what's going on so tempted to just go back to hybrid you know.

On another note this happened last night

2BC5230F-CC11-4DA0-9A99-EBDEEDE4B813_zps

Fixed today

39813AD8-E3BA-4BFC-B38A-65885A9BAE67_zps

• Like 1