iPhone 5 or Next iPhone...

Fabia_19

It's all to do with 'steps'.

If you have the 4, then upgrading to the 5 is worthwhile. If you have the 4s, then I agree, it's a small improvement.

If you're upgrading from a 3GS, then prepare to have you socks blown off :D

I'm upgrading, as I've had my 4 for two years now, and Kitten is inheriting my 4. :p

a 3GS to a 5 fine.

A 4 to a 5, ok it's probably got a few new toys. I wouldn't but can understand why people might want to.

A4S to a 5... nope don't get it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note but have just bought a iPad. All my music is on iTunes as I had a iPhone 4 prior to the Note. My car stereo allows the hook up of Apple products as well as Android but it takes forever for me to find the folder, track etc on Android. The iPhone/iPad connectivity is more fluid and easier for in car.

For me, the galaxy note is a far superior phone to the iPhone, but I miss some of the polishedness of the Apple offerings..

They don't yet do an Ipad with enough storage capacity for my needs, so I won't be having one of those; They don't do an Iphone with enough storage capacity or the right features, so I won't be having one of those either.

I am not phone correct (PC) either I have a mind of my own.

Got one of these

LG-OPTIMUS-L3__1_L.png

might be getting one of these

moto.jpg

or I might not, depends on if I win the auction for Daniel Craig's blue James Bond trunks.

And that's as silly a reason as arguing over a phone.

Much better discussing what meat to put between your baps :p

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Wow you really did go for brainwashing 101 don't you?

Embedded software always works with the hardware.

iOS is no more designed to work on a specific CPU than any other piece of software out there designed for embedded use.

Go have a nosey at a cross compiler, that does the work of moving from dev platform to target platform.

At the end of the day, if it was so designed to work together, you'd need a lot less CPU grunt and power.

Look at the Symbian smart phones or S40 feature phones. They are tightly integrated and while they have some foibles, they use very little CPU/memory and hence power for a given application.

The A6 is an ARM CPU, probably a cortex A9. ARM CPU's are used all over the phone industry. It's a standard chip TMSC IIRC.

There are only a few CPU manufacturers in the world who can make a chip and that size and apple don't have their own fab ;)

Oh and if you want a CPU that'll kick others as you put it, look at the current generation Cortex A15. First taped out in 2011.

http://www.extremete...hips-are-unique

Yep, Apple really lead the way with their own super special sauce.

Oh and by the way, I'm typing this on a Mac, so don't come over with the you just hate mac's line ;)

In that case, where would you like the plate delivered, so that you can hand it's own ass back to apple on a plate?

It's had it's backside kicked repeatedly in so many ways.

Lets face it a late 90's/early 2000's nokia/motorolla could do most of what the iPhones can do and more and still last a fair few days off a single charge. That plus they can make calls well, hold onto their signal and not be as bleeding expensive.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/the-iphone-5s-new-a6-isnt-quad-core-but

Heres the a15 you were talking about ;)

Edited by wilsy7

Designed and licenced by ARM Holdings, Made by Samsung (if you believe the guesses).

I'd be slightly surprised if Apple decided to buy Samsung chips after the past actions, but even if it has it's still not apple innovation is it?

I don't care who Made it Lol but apple have put it together in the way it operates! And it's that special a15 you mentioned :)

Edited by wilsy7

No Apple didn't have anything to do with the way it operates.

If that article is correct, then ARM holdings designed and licensed the core and other IP and Samsung did the work to put it into a working CPU and through a fab.

Apple have done nothing for the CPU design other than lay a chip on a board.

No Apple didn't have anything to do with the way it operates.

If that article is correct, then ARM holdings designed and licensed the core and other IP and Samsung did the work to put it into a working CPU and through a fab.

Apple have done nothing for the CPU design other than lay a chip on a board.

A15 ;)

So other people are saying they thought it was an A15, but it's not, but an Arm 7 based core, bashed out by samsung and some PA semi bits in there too.

Long and short really is until we know what it really is, there's little point getting excited.

I'm more interested in how long that battery will last with 4G data services running ;)

The way this thread has gone makes me :giggle:

I couldn't give a monkey's what processor, chip etc is in the iPhone5 or who manufactured the parts for that matter, as long as it does WHAT I WANT IT TO and is not any slower or less capable than my '4 then I will be happy, so what if it is slightly slower (or quicker) than a SGSII etc, I won't be owning one of those and I won't be comparing it against one either, so it's all a bit irrelevant to me.

Do people really care about what parts it is built with, or are they more interested in how it works?

I am not a huge Apple fan.... but I do like what they turn out, this is the important bit for me, as for changing your phone for the latest version every time a new one is released, well personally I think it's pointless, others will disagree and that is their choice.

12.09.16-Benchmark.jpg

40744028.jpg

onexe.jpg

Who cares?

The iPhone in my opinion looks better, feels better, is easier to navigate and is higher quality build and materials. And most importantly never fails unlike my Mrs galaxy.