What's the radio like with just 2 speakers?

RapidRonnie

Not entirely sure what you mean? I've recently added 2 additional speakers but have yet to try them whilst on the phone

When the car uses more than 2 speakers I had issues with voice quality. The unit has to work to cancel the noise from the speakers so they aren't returned back to the caller. With 4 or 6 speakers the minimal noise delay caused by the sound being delayed by milliseconds traveling from the rear to the front of the car caused noise and made the calls highly unusable.

• 1 month later...

Have just lashed out on a Greentech. It was already in UK, so I couldn't specify any factory-fitted options.

On my last car (granted, it was a tad pricey at the time) I had also had an attack of the belated "just why the hell did I do that?" & shelled out some well-over £1000 (a lot of moulah, 10 years ago), for a top-of-the-range gubbins. It had (from memory) some 12+ speakers dotted hither-and-thither, so I was a little concerned about how good a bog-standard radio, with just 2 speakers, as in the Citigo, would be.

Well, & accepting the fact that I'm now some 10 years older, and my ears aren't what they used to be (they used to be my eyes) I don't actually find any difference in the quality of the sound. Sure, if I added tweeters & woofters (& the Good Lord knows what else)to the Power of Twenty, then I know that I'd be lighter in my pocket, but I doubt that I would appreciate any marked difference in the quality of the radio - you either hear what it trots out, or you don't!

It's obviously horses for courses, but the "geriatric model" radio is adequate for me - as I'm a total technophobe, I wouldn't even know how to start on "Streaming" music through the Sat Nav, so what you don't have, you don't miss.

Anyway, SWMBO isn't keen on having the radio on (it interferes with her independent-from-the-Sat Nav own voice-guidance system) so no point in lashing out mega-bucks to have something that would rarely be used.

I'm new to my citigo having come from a 40k bmw and I think it sounds terrible. I'm looking to replace the speakers shortly and I hope it has some effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to my citigo having come from a 40k bmw and I think it sounds terrible. I'm looking to replace the speakers shortly and I hope it has some effect.

Really?

I thought the 6 speaker set up was excellent compared to the rattly system in the Rapid.

Lol what did you expect the Citigo is a 10k car the BMW was 40k! I would expect them to be light years apart in quality! Next you will be telling us your surprised it's slower than the BMW [emoji12]

Yeh stunned [emoji12]

No I knew it would be basic just maybe not quite so basic. Sounds like it's coming out of the dashboard !

Thanks Hyphons, I ve seen a number of sets from 20 quid upwards.

Do they fit straight in? Some seem to be advertised on fleabay with adapters?

Well..

I'd need to remind myself what adapters were bought to fit the front speakers, as for the rears well don't ask me that one, I never had rear speakers from factory so when it came time to fit them, they were fitted and held in place with cable ties

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk