East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 30th October 2012 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

The next monthly East Midlands meet

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

For those using sat nav - if you put in 295 Alfreton Road, you'll be about 150 yds away from the pub

Date: Tuesday 30th October 2012

Time: 7:30pm

All welcome

Only 9 hardy attenders for September, but a good time was had by all

Ant and Gemma's pizza was one of the centres of attention, and might be on the agenda for several next month

Techies were raving about their iPhone 5s, leading to a new craze called 'facetiming' - one step down from voyeurism possibly!!!! You know who you are ;)

I really am starting to feel like a dinosaur

Feel free to cut and paste if attending:-

Brimma - JPS Octavia or Fabia Elegance estate

Been meaning to attend this for ages since i spoke to a nice chap that i bought some door rubbers off. Might be a daft question but what do you get upto at these meets? As snipe is near my work but i'd have to pop back up to sheffield before i came.

Hi, I'm not currently driving a Skoda but I'm looking at getting one (the Fabia vrs specifically) so would be great if I could come along to pick some of your brains and take a closer look if you don't mind a newbie, current non Skoda owner attending?

Hmm, looks like my new arrangement to have The Boy every Tuesday night has scuppered this meet for me. Given that he needs to be in bed by 8pm as he has nursery the next day suggests that this might be an ongoing negative for me I'm afraid chaps :(

Hi, I'm not currently driving a Skoda but I'm looking at getting one (the Fabia vrs specifically) so would be great if I could come along to pick some of your brains and take a closer look if you don't mind a newbie, current non Skoda owner attending?

Not a problem at all sir :) Looking at getting rid of the Z4?

Not a problem at all sir :) Looking at getting rid of the Z4?

Excellent, thank you! I am indeed, change in circumstances mean I've done 10,000 miles in the past 3 months so I'm killing the value of it. Plus a 3 litre petrol possibly isn't the wisest of choices now given the miles I'm doing. I'm having to sit at 65mph on the motorway to return decent mpg (still only about 38mpg!), so it seems pointless in keeping it any longer.

The Fabia VRS seems a great combination of power and efficiency, and hopefully build quality too. Will be good to see what people's hopefully not too biased opions are!

Well its a very different car (as I am sure you will be more than aware)

You own the same engine Z4 as an old friend of mine who used to own a Seat Ibiza with the same engine as the Fabia.

But I think as a overall "day to day" car they are great.

It says something getting out of a supercharged VX220 and get into a Fabia and its still 'fun' but just very different!

Fun is certainly one of the factors I'm looking for, as well as good mpg. I don't find motorway driving that fun so am content to drive at 65mph, but it makes it even less fun when you're currently getting less than 40 mpg at that speed!

I'm not bothered about traffic light dashes and racing everything on the road, but I would like a car that has a bit of welly behind it and feels great to drive when it's taken off the motorway - The Fabia vRS therefore seems one of the perfect cars for my needs.

I'm also considering the diesel Astra sri 150 (not the brand new shape) for the same reason, but even though you have to take written reviews with an almighty pinch of salt, I've heard horror stories of build quality and reliability which is a little off putting. I'm expecting the Skoda to be much better so I'm currently leaning that way.

It'll be good to meet you on Tuesday night anyway, looking forward to hearing yours and others thoughts on them.

Fun is certainly one of the factors I'm looking for, as well as good mpg. I don't find motorway driving that fun so am content to drive at 65mph, but it makes it even less fun when you're currently getting less than 40 mpg at that speed!

I'm not bothered about traffic light dashes and racing everything on the road, but I would like a car that has a bit of welly behind it and feels great to drive when it's taken off the motorway - The Fabia vRS therefore seems one of the perfect cars for my needs.

There's certainly a bunch of fun to be had with a vRS like T.Sparks :giggle:

• Like 1