Mountain Bikes, whos got what?

Woody's  VRS

I've got myself a Carrera Kracken 2006, bought it second hand off my boss cheap as a way to get fit, spent a few £100 on it now including a new derailleur, new chain and sprockets, uprated bottom bracket new seat, tyres, disc's and pad's. Only bought the bike for £50 so wasn't bad.

24072010444.jpg

I've got a 2008 Trek 6000,only got front suspension

No namby-pamby soft-tail for me!

Then again, I raced a rigid forked bike (Pace Research RC100) for several years in the early 90's

I even rode cyclo-cross on it, before buying a proper cross-bike; a Paul Milnes 653 (still got a cross-bike, but a different marque - not raced cross for about 3 years though)

Got 3 road-bikes though (one steel, one titanium, & a carbon)

My old Pace

156663048LGKYHq_ph.jpg

Trek 6000 (post 2007 Bingley Harriers 'Harriers v Cyclists' race)

Old kit, new design now

2759967160047309372agICPP_ph.jpg

Steel.............. (the 'yellow Bike')

2228321660047309372jSvXdi_ph.jpg

Edited by Richard A Thackeray

2010 Anthem X4, changed the stem for a thompson(bit shorter than stock), changed the stock wheels for stans ZTR flow tubless rims with hope hubs, ritchey grips and a charge spoon saddle. Mostly ride trails and xc. :) Need a new chainset I think, its getting a bit worn.

dscf0886.jpg

Iv got a lapierre zesty 510. Its soooo nice to ride after a stumpjumper HT. i do some pretty long days in the saddle and its been fantastic.

Watch out for cracked frames on the META if you looking second hand. Think they had a few probs on earlier frames. Get great reviews tho...

I'm running an Identiti DR Jekyl XL, Marzochi bombers, Hope C2 brakes front and rear, plus more.

Not long ago bought it, always wanted the frame when I was younger and couldn't afford one, this came up so I had to get it.

Currently overhauling it new bars grips and new headset and brake pads.

Great to get back in the saddle and ride some trails.

About 5 of them. Ranging from almost retro (91 steel marin) to my downhill sled.

My main bike is a factory prototype Turner 5-spot. It was the second prototype built way back in 2001. Which means it's coming up 12 and still gets ridden. 6" travel either end, hydraulic discs etc. Parts ranging from 2000 vintage to current model stuff.

Raleigh Kalahari circa 1993.

Bet your all well jel of my Girvin Flex marvel. Still it's never gone wrong in all that time.

• Like 1

I ride a Specialized pitch pro, pikes, fox rp2, juicy carbons, xtr crankset, x9 mech and lots of lightweight goodness!

I'm in the process of buying a trek scratch 8 aswell :) fox 36's bla bla bla

madness! i just bought 2 bikes at the weekend. i have not cycled for maybe 15 years so i just bought cheapies off ebay! i got a marin rocky ridge and a giant ds200 warp, some people said get a hard tail others said get a soft tail so i bought 1 of each!

Don't laugh, but

Raleigh Activator STI (the original red/orange one) circa 1992/3.

It still going, although the main feature (sprung forks) have seized up. I've changed the tyres, pedals and a rear brake cable. I have also added a D-lock and a Cateye wireless cycle computer.

• Like 1

I'm running an Identiti DR Jekyl XL, Marzochi bombers, Hope C2 brakes front and rear, plus more.

Not long ago bought it, always wanted the frame when I was younger and couldn't afford one, this came up so I had to get it.

Currently overhauling it new bars grips and new headset and brake pads.

Great to get back in the saddle and ride some trails.

that is some old school cool right there B)

original BigHit DH (not sure on the year)

DRM Rhythm 24 which is stupid heavy

2011 Rockhopper

want a road bike at the moment