Octavia VRS Blackline Alloy Respray

rjwallace86

Hi Folks,

Just joined the community so please take it easy on me.

I will shortly be trading in my old 07 Fabia VRS for a new Octavia VRS Blackline which I am very excited about.

I am currently considering respraying the alloys to a more gun metal grey colour and also remapping the engine. This is something I did with my old Golf Edition 30 which resulted in a very bad ass car.

I have read the numerous threads about how the remap affects the warranty but I was wondering if anyone knew what the situation is when you make cosmetic changes when you purchased the car using PCP?

I'm meant to hand the car in after 3 years (though I may not do this) and wondered if they would be funny with me because I had made changes to it.

Any help with this would be grateful.

Also does anyone know if the Blackline comes with a multi function steering wheel

The small print on finance agreements always used to state you should make no changes to the car (not even put your own number plate on) but ive never seen it enforced.

the HP agreement wont state the car is a blackline anyway, it will just state Octavia VRS CR or something similar so I cant imagine they would notice that you bought a blackline and it should therefore have black alloys

Cant comment on warranty, but I guess read the threads. most seem to get away with it aslong as the remap isnt directly attributable to the failed part.

MSFW - DSG only i believe, not on the manual version.

Im also looking at going gun metal/anthracite for the wheels. Seems to be a popular choice.

Cheers for the swift replies.

I will have a look at my agreement and will probably just go for it. The black is decent, but I had similar wheels on my golf and they looked really good in the gun metal grey.

Will probably wait a few months till I get the remap. It made some difference to my Fabia so I know it's well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question but why buy a blackline and then respray the wheels losing a fundimental part of the limited apeal?

Iv'e got no problems modifying my red vrs but i wouldnt touch my blackline.

• 2 months later...

Just a question but why buy a blackline and then respray the wheels losing a fundimental part of the limited apeal?

Iv'e got no problems modifying my red vrs but i wouldnt touch my blackline.

Totally agree. The black wheels pimp it up. Only time mine will see paint is when the Mrs kerbs them!

Edited by MarkEll