Fabia II vRS Owners Appeal

Ladies and Gentlemen!.

Due to rather high interest in the subject and small amount of factual data available I would like to suggest the following.

All owners of Fabia vRS cars please provide the following details, irrespective of whether your vRS uses oil or not.

Forum Name

1. Data of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date

.............................................................................................

2. How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween

.......................................................................................

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing, what oil (5W30, 0W40 etc and brand)

.............................................................................................

This way we will finally have some clearer picture and also a very good hard date should anybody had problems with warranty.

If the above doesn't make sense to you lot mods will delete the topic if it flops :)

Cheers

Jabo

EDIT: Thanks for the first data. I will do a nice spreadsheet with pie chart or something with recommended (or allowed for in the manual oil usage) and what owners are getting in real life. Will also have driving style included.

EDIT 2:

I think it would useful to note what oil are you using guys and gals. If you wouldn't mind updating your posts that would be brilliant!

Edited by Jabozuma

philhoward

....18th July 2012, Wayside MK, 9800 miles.........................................................................................

2. How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween

....Normal driving (no special treatment)...................................................................................

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing

....Just over 2 litres to date.........................................................................................

Forum Name the mad monk

...28/09/11........borders cars..........9600 ish.......................................................................

........everyway possible apart from i very rarely use S mode...............................................................................

...........approx 10 litres..................................................................................

Edited by the mad monk

Dirty Hari

230511, DM Keith Bradford, 10k

Boot from new when oil temp over 80c

.......................................................................................

2.5L

1. Jan 2011, Palmers Watford (it was their demo), 3000 miles when bought, nearly at 17k now.

2. Probably driven like it was stolen by the salesman and test drivers, in my ownership mostly gentle driving but with some full-bore acceleration. It's had a few hours on track too.

3. Haven't needed to top it up yet, it was still OK before 10k service and will probably make it to 20k without needing it too.

Fossy

.February 2012 (Secondhand) 6000 on the clock now at 10800............................................................................................

Originally a lease car so maybe not a lot of respect. Now driven respectfully but floored occasionally when someone else needs to be taught a lesson........................................................................................

.Have used approx 2.5 litres in the 4800 miles I have owned it......................................................................

Forum Name

04/2011 (registered sept 2010) purchessed at a ford dealer downsouth! lol.. 38,000 miles to date.

driven "normally" from day one, was bouncing off the red line at the first slip road I came to with 14 miles on the clock... but only when needed.. "normally" being the word here...

0-10,000 miles 1 litre.. 10,000-38,000 miles not a drop used.

August 2011, All Electric Garages Birmingham, 10700 miles...............................................

Carefully for the first 500 miles (avoiding maximum revs)...............................................

Used 7 litres in the first 9,000 miles. SUK currently paying for my oil.............................

1. Bought Brand New on 18th Feb 2011, West Worthing Motors, Sussex, Mileage to date 5,700

2. Was run in 'normally' a bit of a thrash, a bit of motorway, a bit of everything really.

3. Oil top ups used so far (outside of first service where obviously oil changed and topped up) approx 800 - 900 ml (from memory biggest single top up was 300 ml)

Hope this helps

James I

.March 2011, Mitchells Ellesmere Port, 4470 .............................................................................

....The car was driven quite hard from day one, then short journeys too and from work with the wife. 4 miles each way..................................................................

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing, what oil (5W30, 0W40 etc and brand)

..1 litre every 500-600 miles approx. I used the castrol that came with the car, then moved onto Q8 5/30 “V” and now I get my can filled at the dealer with whatever they use from the 210 litre drum.

1. October 2010, Robinsons, 31,000

2. Driven in drive/ Sport not used until 3,000 miles. In drive mode most of the time, unless overtaking or wish to wave goodbye to the cars at the side of me, obviously in sport mode.

3. Very little oil used, despite a large chunk of my miles being long journeys and many 'sport' thrusts.

01/09/2011, er somewhere down sarf...8000

normally until temps up to 85deg...spanked at least 4 times a week (short journeys to work 5miles each way)

5.75ltrs of 5w30 in 8000miles ahem Quantum...FTW

That is the reason why I wanted to gather the data and instead of having flame wars about opinionated statements.

Also Since the issue of oil consumption is clearly still "a hot topic" I see no reason to bash this thread. Although it would be nice to have your oil consumption data here, when you get a chance to put some miles on your monster, as well Sy:)

Gumby

April 2012, Vindis Cambridge, 3326

Gentle for the first day, then ragged nearly every weekend since.

1litre of the supplied 5w-30 during first 2000ish miles, none since.

Edited by Gumby

Purchased 1st March 2011 Murray Skoda Plymouth, Currently on 14k

Mix of gentle driving with very frequent blasts when appropriate

I've put in nearly 4L in 14k over 18months. Not sure how much extra volume was needed at the first service. Used 5w30 (Halfrauds own brand, 'prepares to be flamed' ) :giggle:

Purchased October 2011 from Sinclair Skoda, currently on 12k

Normally. Always let it get to a decent oil temp before really booting it. Was driving it how it should be driven from day one. I do commute for an hour a day in slow traffic. MPG is low as is average speed. I do push quite hard when roads are empty or I have other Skodas behind me. I find space to open it up most days.

I put in 4L in 10k in about 10 months. Not sure how much it's used since. I have topped it up since but can't remember. Use 5w30 Mobil 1. Same oil the dealer used for the service. The last 2k I've had spells where the car has been driven hard. Will be double checking it tomorrow. (only place I have flat parking)

Purchased April 2011. Via Eardley's in Stoke but from a friend's company. It was new. Currently around 18000 miles.

Run in, but not too gently, for 1st 1500 miles then driven as the mood takes me but rarely totally flat out as roads round here don't suit it. It does long steep hills every day under acceleration as work is at the top of a big hill and I live at the top on the other side of the valley. Not driven too gently though. Has lived on a range of Tesco momentum, v power, and recently sainsbury's super unleaded. I have had a problem with misfires and had the spark plugs replaced twice (before the Sainsbury's super so it wasn't the fuel) .

Oil usage is about the same as any other car I've had. Think it's around 2-3 litres since new but it could be less. I use the vw specification oil from halfords, their own brand.

Guest Sib-rs

Data of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date :

08/11....Claybank Mancheter....16,000

How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween :

Driven normally until 50 degrees stolen when I can then on

Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing :

First engine up until 7.5k used 0.5l a month over 4 months...second engine now on 16k driven hard since day one, now running stage 2 and doesn't drop any oil what so ever :)