Fabia II vRS Owners Appeal

1. Date of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date

I bought it new in March 2012 from Faintree Garage in Bridgnorth (now in Telford) and it has covered 5600 miles since then.

2. How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween

It has been driven 'normally' from day one and in fully automatic mode 99% of the time. I've never driven it like it was stolen.

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing, what oil (5W30, 0W40 etc and brand)

Across the 5600 miles I've covered, I've used 750ml of the dealer/manufacturer supplied oil (Castrol Edge Professional 5w30)

Edited by NorthernSoul

....... :wonder:

Problem?

I dont monitor that or my fuel consumption. If it needs topping up i find the easiest thing to do is go and buy some..... I forgot to log it, my bad, next time ill bear this in mind.....

As i said, i change my oil every 6k, so if it was burning oil i wouldnt have noticed anyway, or at least if it is burning oil, its not extreme enough to be noticable.

Problem?

I dont monitor that or my fuel consumption. If it needs topping up i find the easiest thing to do is go and buy some..... I forgot to log it, my bad, next time ill bear this in mind.....

As i said, i change my oil every 6k, so if it was burning oil i wouldnt have noticed anyway, or at least if it is burning oil, its not extreme enough to be noticable.

So I think what can be said about you car,for the pupose of this thread is:

Oil use:...negligible

Driving style...as fast as possible...!!!

Always interested to read about your mods,by the way.

If my car was as tuned as his I'd be changing it at 6k too just as a precaution

Thats exactly why i do it. I change the plugs, oil and fuel/oil filters every 6k. Way i see it if im going to tune it like i have, it will need much more stringent servicing to keep it running 100%

So I think what can be said about you car,for the pupose of this thread is:

Oil use:...negligible

Driving style...as fast as possible...!!! <<<<WRONG<<<(Driven normally 99% of the time with 1 trackday/month)

Always interested to read about your mods,by the way.

I drive it like miss daisy 99% of the time using cruise control etc. Rarely do it boot it except f course on trackdays and 1/4 mile days, and maybe the odd burst here and there.

Was there not the, "Its burning oil!!!!!',

reverting the car to standard to have the high oil usage sorted under warranty posts?

How did that all come out in the end?

george

APR thought it had been burning oil, turns out after Skoda covered 160 miles in it weighing the oil before and after that it had used no oil at all, so car was set back up and sent back with the bill for the work because there was no warranty work to cover!!

Forum Name Lukeskywalker

1. Data of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date

Sept 2011 Mitchells Cheshire Oaks 8,000

.............................................................................................

2. How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween

................Like it was stolen at every opertunity.......................................................................

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing, what oil (5W30, 0W40 etc and brand)

1.5ltrs 5W30 1st litre free with car then Castrol edge used

• 2 weeks later...

OzFabia

1. Data of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date: 10/10/12. Perth, WA. 1,100 km.

2. How the car was driven from new - gentle or like stolen or anything inbetween: Mix of spirited and normal. Stop-start to work and back approx 100km/week. High/freeway approx 200-300km/week (this is higher than normal because I'm going a long way out of my way on any errand/trip...)

3. Oil usage history, whether massive or nothing, what oil (5W30, 0W40 etc and brand). Forgot to check the oil level at start of play, but have looked at 500, 700 and just now at 1,100km, and each time the level has been at the top of the cross-hatched "B" section of the dipstick. I have bought some Liqui-Moly 5w/30, but am optimistically hoping not to use it. :sweat:

February 2010 bought new from Warrington skoda,cars covered just over 18500

Driven sensibly from new with a bit of a frash at times.

I've put in about 7 litres of oil inbetween 1 service but due a service soon,I've only used castrol oil

September 2011 - may 2012

Purchased from hayselden skoda.

When sent back car had 10,000miles.

Driven steady day to day with the odd boot now and again.

Used a total of 5L of the castrol edge 5w 30. The first engine used 3.5L oil in the first 1400miles, once engine was replaced used 1.5L of oil for the last 8400miles of ownership.

Also the car had the following replaced:

Engine

Turbo

Fuel pump

Brake light sensor

Alterations to the wiring loom.

September 2011 - may 2012

Purchased from hayselden skoda.

When sent back car had 10,000miles.

Driven steady day to day with the odd boot now and again.

Used a total of 5L of the castrol edge 5w 30. The first engine used 3.5L oil in the first 1400miles, once engine was replaced used 1.5L of oil for the last 8400miles of ownership.

Also the car had the following replaced:

Engine

Turbo

Fuel pump

Brake light sensor

Alterations to the wiring loom.

Let us all hope the new owner now has a very good car, plenty of new parts & also got a bargain.

george

As my other post tonight, the new owner works in the next depot to me, so nice to see my old car, and hopefully it works well for him, as as you say its had all new parts, just caused me a lot of issues

1. Bought Brand New on 18th Feb 2011, West Worthing Motors, Sussex, Mileage to date 5,700

2. Was run in 'normally' a bit of a thrash, a bit of motorway, a bit of everything really.

3. Oil top ups used so far (outside of first service where obviously oil changed and topped up) approx 800 - 900 ml (from memory biggest single top up was 300 ml)

Hope this helps

To add in my oil have used Castrol Edge 5w30 - although (if and when) the 2 litres i have run out I will change to Castrol Edge 5w40 as dealer suggested is better to use and they use 5w40 when serviced. Atlhough confirmed 5w30 fine to add for top ups.

1. Date of purchase, where purchased and mileage to date

Purchased October 2011, Claybank Motor Company, Eccles, Manchester, 16,500 Miles to date.

The car has been 'pampered' with the odd heavy foot to overtake but generally motorway work and normal driving for 99% of ownership.

First 4000 miles it used around 750ml of oil. Oil was changed at 4000 by myself, 8000 by dealer, 12,000 by myself and has had oil and filter changed at 16,000 miles and the car has not used a drop since. I have used 5/30 Castrol Edge, 5/30 Millers, and 5/30 Comma ProLife all recommended for the VRS TSi.

Edited by mrobbo