group1rs's black magic 2002 octy vrs

group1rs

It's still fantastic though and really highlights 1 thing. I need a diff!!

Have to say I was really impressed by the diff in Pete's Octy.

Must have mod for any front driver that actually wants to get the power down.

Being able to get on the throttle so early in the corners made a huge difference to how quickly the car went round Brands, a particularly tight and twisty track, with a driver than knew the car set up well.

It would transform your car Charlie, IMO.

I may have mentioned to Pete on the day how good his diff was... about a dozen times! :rofl:

• Like 2

Something rather satisfying about turning up in a family Skoda and annoying high end performance cars isn't there? :D

More satisfying than a tax refund !

New pads ordered just need 4 x 888's and a 7th of April rendezvous could be on the cards.

• Like 1

More satisfying than a tax refund !

New pads ordered just need 4 x 888's and a 7th of April rendezvous could be on the cards.

Think I'll keep track days to a minimum while I save up for a diff, otherwise I'd be tempted to join you :)

Picked up my BBS spare rim from Lepsons in Gillingham today. Refurbed to match the others. £67.50 + VAT so £81 total. Chris gave me 10 percent discount and will offer same to any other Briskodians. Lepsons do a quality job.

14965395-318A-4F82-9FE8-2D228B282623_zpsE8DCDF6B-F6D7-4CC1-AC52-CAC6A2F17C71_zps

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

After amazing fun at Brands I had a slight niggle with wobble under braking during the first session. Brakes were fine for the rest of the day. But due to all the hype on the net concerning degradation of DS2500 pads and crumbling because of getting wet and having high iron content. I was a little concerned. Also the pads were fitted in 2012 and although not many miles have been covered I thought it best to re-new them. So in for a penny in for £138 a set of new Ferodo DS2500's were swiftly dispatched by Dave Brown from Vagbremtechnic. I've mentioned him before. He really is a top bloke and I wouldn't use anyone else for my braking requirements.

Even the box they come in is nice. Including a couple of decals and precise bedding in instructions that must be adhered to.

E872A0C8-B1C1-4606-8609-7951CABDB85F_zps

Fitting to the Porsche Calipers is simple. Jack up car. Remove road wheel. Pull out pad retaining pin clip then knock pin through caliper. Pads then pull out it's so easy. A smear of copper grease on the pad backing plate. And re-assembly is reverse of removal. However I wouldn't make any money as a mechanic my OCD getting the better of me. This resulted in arches and shocks cleaned. Calipers cleaned and polished and alloys cleaned and treated with wheel whores wax.

8AC3FFF4-5982-49AC-945C-7A48500E3002_zps

1E5F3F0B-7CC2-4352-ACEA-81D1C0D342B8_zps

The old removed pads actually were not that bad. Probably due to not being a daily driver and never really getting wet. But better to change before failure.

8DAC3B55-55C8-414A-9E62-5764863F1B95_zps

So just needs a good polish and all ready for Combe at the end of the month.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy this weekend. Firstly finished the polish,seal and wax using poorboys and dodo juice products.

B0C17179-04C9-4DA4-A1F6-1D40C587A5A8_zps

Then fitted Genuine WRC sill protectors. They have only been in the garage waiting to be fitted for a couple of years so about time.

2BBD9A6F-5934-40DB-B7EE-C9991422885C_zps

FF3C3B28-E728-45B2-B08D-47A47DB9E12A_zps

A4CA38A8-E083-42A6-A0A3-4ED73A16274A_zps

Then noticed the front grill VRS emblem was looking a bit tired. So time for a change in keeping with my red theme.

27615734-25DD-4F95-8186-4E2ADDDDB163_zps

• Like 4

The peteymobile is awesome

And the most loved octy ever i think ;)

Most loved octy that thing is more loved than the octys wife lol