Beti the K04 Yeti.

Yeti_Man

Originally I was just going to fit S3 rears but Dave suggested something slightly more powerful (41mm piston iirc) that he's been working on for the past couple of months. He's a difficult one to pin down on detail (and get hold of!) so I await to see exactly what turns up but it's VW group sourced with his own custom bracketry. :-)

Caddy rears then :)

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60375.0.html

Sounds like it will be awesome. Will it sound any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to stop the DP producing a deeper tone but hopefully it won't compromise its refined cruising ability. I'd also guess that the ITG intake will let me hear more of what the turbo is doing and also be more vocal when pushing on. I'll report back if that's actually the case though.

Hi Lee, it was me who asked the right question in FB.

Nice even torque delivery and not so peaky as before.

And it holds its peak power much longer!

• Like 2

Mike? Hello mate. Thanks for following the progress. :-)

• Like 1

just found the shark pic on their face book - that's a lovely flat curve! Top job.

Also, I just put 2 and 2 together and realised that yeti-man used to be focuszetec, ie lee, who i bought a set of koni dampers off about 3 yrs ago! hi lee. loving your work dude B)

• Like 1

Sounds good. This is one Yeti that's going to surprise people. :rofl:

Now you just need to book in to the How Fast Session and show us how well it goes.

Only one Yeti has taken part so far...

• Like 1

Hi Lee, yes it is Mike here :happy:

Love the progress you make and the possibilities you have, making a 1.8tsi go (just a little bit :giggle: ) faster.

Lots of 2.0tsi guys will envy you. Never thought anyone would take the effort in making a 1.8tsi go faster (except for modifying the mapping).

And the results show that 200cc doesnt make too much difference.

Also enjoy seeing the development that Shark is putting in to it.

Not just the "map that we have lying around on our server" but real old fashioned tuning. (although we used to do that with turning the distributor, altering the jetting and adjusting the cams with vernier pullies)

That is also why I am sad we dont have someone genuine like Shark in Germany.

• Like 2

There is a tuner in Germany who did a conversion on an Octavia 1.8tsi 4x4.

Result is 333 DIN bhp and 405Nm torque. Turbo conversion (didnt mention which one) 1.4 bar boost.

Power starts civilised and will get going at around 2500rpm. They also like the ability to rev up to 7000 and power delivery is smooth.

0-100km/h in 5.0s and 0-200km/h in 19.9s

Topspeed 275km/h

Sportclutch, audi ceramic brake setup, drexler limited slip diff and runs on 19" wheels with 235/35 tyres.

Std price in Germany is 23510€, for the entire tuned car 53610€

Motortuning 7400€

Bilstein kit and diff 3700€

Ceramic brake 8800€

Exhaust system 1200€

Bodykit 3800€

Recaroseats 5200€

Tuner is Rothe Motorsport

• Like 1

There is a tuner in Germany who did a conversion on an Octavia 1.8tsi 4x4.

Result is 333 DIN bhp and 405Nm torque. Turbo conversion (didnt mention which one) 1.4 bar boost.

Power starts civilised and will get going at around 2500rpm. They also like the ability to rev up to 7000 and power delivery is smooth.

0-100km/h in 5.0s and 0-200km/h in 19.9s

Topspeed 275km/h

Sportclutch, audi ceramic brake setup, drexler limited slip diff and runs on 19" wheels with 235/35 tyres.

Std price in Germany is 23510€, for the entire tuned car 53610€

Motortuning 7400€

Bilstein kit and diff 3700€

Ceramic brake 8800€

Exhaust system 1200€

Bodykit 3800€

Recaroseats 5200€

Tuner is Rothe Motorsport

Very interesting as I've been trying to find other examples of big turbo 1.8tsi's. Ceramic brakes you say? Nice. :)

• Like 1

Crumbs! Makes it cheaper to order them as an option from the factory on the Audi I'd have thought! I could just imagine some nice Lamborghini carbons nestled under some lightweight 18's... :-)