Best colour for L+K Estate?

Bagpuss

Despite my intentions to defect to the BMW fold, I still find myself thinking about getting a Superb Estate.

I was very disappointed in the 3-Series when I test drove it (just too small, and not very comfortable), and the 5-Series is too expensive once you've added a few options.

I'm reckoning to order to 170CR L+K Manual, and have ticked all of the non-standard options.

So, that just leaves the colour. Now, I realise that this had been done to death before for the standard car, but I can't find too many pictures of the L+K in various colours.

I still really like Steel Grey (which is my current colour), but just can't see this working with the brown interior. I also fancy a change.

Right now, I'm thinking that the two colours which might work best on the L+K are Magnetic Brown (obviously) and Cappuccino Beige.

What do folks think?

If anyone can point me at piccies of the L+K in various colours (particularly if the doors are open so I can see the contrast between the interior and exterior), I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andy.

I would hold out a few weeks if your about to order, the new Octavian estate is just about to be launched, it's apparently grown in size to almost Superb size and has upgraded interior quality.

I've seen some screenshots on the Octavia 3 forum and it appears to look nice, it will also have more up to date tech as the Superb has been around a number of years now.

Andy

I have had an Estate L&K for 6 weeks now - it was 6 months old when I got it - and it is in Magnetic Brown. I have to say, it was not the colour I would have chosen but it has grown on me and I think it suits the car. I really wanted a light interior (all my previous cars had light interiors) but the full length glass sunroof and beige sunshade more than compensate. The standard L&K spec has been more than sufficient for me. I did think about the electrically raised tailgate but the manual one is well balanced and easy to open and close. The seats are amazingly comfortable even after driving for 7 hours - that was the verdict of all 4 occupants. Have not got any pictures but will try and take some tomorrow and post them on this forum.

I have the steel grey L&K, since mid April and like you I took ages to decide on the colour before choosing SG and I am pleased that I did. Please believe me that the "brown" colour leather is a lot darker than nearly all the broucher photographs.

In the end I am really pleased with it.

Andy

I have had an Estate L&K for 6 weeks now - it was 6 months old when I got it - and it is in Magnetic Brown. I have to say, it was not the colour I would have chosen but it has grown on me and I think it suits the car. I really wanted a light interior (all my previous cars had light interiors) but the full length glass sunroof and beige sunshade more than compensate. The standard L&K spec has been more than sufficient for me. I did think about the electrically raised tailgate but the manual one is well balanced and easy to open and close. The seats are amazingly comfortable even after driving for 7 hours - that was the verdict of all 4 occupants. Have not got any pictures but will try and take some tomorrow and post them on this forum.

Thanks. That would be much appreciated. To be honest, the main reason I'm sticking with the Superb is for the comfort. I've got a back problem, resulting from a car accident about 12 years ago, and I know that the seats suit me well. I had an Octavia vRS before my current Superb, and had to terminate the lease early due to problems the suits were causing my back.

I would hold out a few weeks if your about to order, the new Octavian estate is just about to be launched, it's apparently grown in size to almost Superb size and has upgraded interior quality.

I've seen some screenshots on the Octavia 3 forum and it appears to look nice, it will also have more up to date tech as the Superb has been around a number of years now.

Have to say that the new Octavia does look nice. I am a sucker for gadgets, so I can see the appeal to waiting. However, I would really need an extended test drive in one to be sure that the seats will be okay with my back problems. That probably couldn't happen until March/April time, which is just too long for me to wait. I can probably wait until the official unveiling of the Octavia, but it will have to be amazingly better specced than the Superb to make me want to wait for it.

Have to say that the new Octavia does look nice. I am a sucker for gadgets, so I can see the appeal to waiting. However, I would really need an extended test drive in one to be sure that the seats will be okay with my back problems. That probably couldn't happen until March/April time, which is just too long for me to wait. I can probably wait until the official unveiling of the Octavia, but it will have to be amazingly better specced than the Superb to make me want to wait for it.

Perhaps consider waiting for the facelifted Superb due in spring. If you already have a Superb the facelift may be a nice change with the same comfy seats you are used to.

Perhaps consider waiting for the facelifted Superb due in spring. If you already have a Superb the facelift may be a nice change with the same comfy seats you are used to.

I've got to stop coming on here. I was quite happy with my decision, but now you've got me wondering ;)

It's probably not going to happen before the Octavia release, which means it will also be too late for me :(

It seems that somewhere around week 22 is the usual changeover point for Superb model year, and I just can't wait that long.

My current Superb has to be returned on the 28th December, and they've already extended the lease twice, so I don't think they will grant me another extension.

Edited by Bagpuss

New Octavia? Nice?! Really?!

Mid-90's Alfa anyone...?

3010121291030.jpg

With regard to colour, I'm still in my 20's (only just now..) and the thought of a brown with a hint of black interior sounds horrendous. (and looks awful too) - Just like the Rosso Red Colour for the Superb, Yack.

But it's personal taste and is really a decision that no one here on this forum can make for you.

My Superb is SIlver for a few simple reasons; easy to keep clean, looks good in all weathers and will be easy to sell-on at a later date. I like the look of it in Black, but it's hard to keep clean. It wasn't available in white when i bought it. I've had a blue car so didn't chose that, and then to the Awful Rosso red. no thanks.

Al.

I have the L and K in steel grey, although it's not the estate, but the colour works perfectly with the brown leather. If the OP is anywhere near London he is welcome to have a look at it, I believe that if he is anywhere near Scotland however, he'll have to ask danny57 :-P

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I have the L and K in steel grey, although it's not the estate, but the colour works perfectly with the brown leather. If the OP is anywhere near London he is welcome to have a look at it, I believe that if he is anywhere near Scotland however, he'll have to ask danny57 :-P :giggle::x

I live in South East Wales :happy:

Danny,

I have it in my memory somehow that you live in Glasgow, (no offence...)

That's the problem with these forums. Talking about south east Wales, I do visit Llanelli now and then, maybe we should meet...

I live near Penzance, so not exactly easy to get to either of you guys. Not to worry.

Guess I'll just have to choose an exterior colour that I like. Still tempted by steel grey again, but the missus wants a change.

Just wish it was easier to see more of the colours in the flesh. The brochure printing is dreadful. The colours look nothing like reality.

I know the dealers have actual paint panels, but a small square of paint doesn't really give you any sense of how it will look on the car.

What about flicking through the used stock locator - that'll perhaps give you a good perspective on colours taken in different locations against different backdrops?

I did that before I settled on the Candy White - was going to have either silver or blue but felt that contrast between the tinted windows & black interior matched well against the bright white paint.

But of course the decision is yours.

Danny,

I have it in my memory somehow that you live in Glasgow, (no offence...)

That's the problem with these forums. Talking about south east Wales, I do visit Llanelli now and then, maybe we should meet...

I did a post on "Henry's" of Glasgow earlier this year, maybe that is where the thought came from.

Hi, soon-to-be Skoda newby here. I've got a L&K estate on order with most add-ons, in magnetic brown colour. Delivery expected end January... Before ordering I dithered a lot about the colour choice, as I have always had a succession of black or silver cars. Brown is definitely a departure for me, but I thought it was the best choice with brown interiors.

This forum thread was very helpful in getting a good idea about the colour:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/232394-yipeeee-confirmation-at-last-of-our-lk/

Dealer visits were not very useful, as no one has the brown in the showroom, at least not in the part of Italy I live in. One dealer had those colour swatch squares and the magnetic brown seemed to vary a lot according to the way light falls on it and the angle you look at it. I rather liked the effect, ranging from almost black to bronze.

Looking forward to becoming a regular forum contributor when the car arrives!

Just acquired a well specified "Amethyst" L&K I had ordered with more than a dozen options back in July; discreet mid grey metallic with a purple hue that left my Jaguar in Vapour Grey looking a little bland ('faded' which it isn't) alongside. Vapour Grey is similar to Cappuccino (so I wanted to avoid) and Amethyst similar to paler version of Pearl Grey used on XFs until mid 2010. Either Amethyst or Cappuccino goes well with the brown interior and is just a little less predictable than the Magnetic Brown L&Ks that isn't now such an 'exclusive' colour, given how many L&Ks it is seen on. Having had ivory, tan and black leathers in previous vehicles, don't let naysayers put you off the brown interior.

A tremendous vehicle I guarantee you will enjoy. Would post some pictures but already grubby and needs a wash when the opportunity arises.

Generally agree with ukcruiser; take the wood option if it is now available - I couldn't; it will look better than the piano black I have had.

Mine's a hatch rather than estate in cappuccino. I chose the car and let SWMBO chose the colour (she doesn't drive).

As commented above, the brown leather and some of the trim looks much better in the flesh than you think it'll be and cappuccino on the outside compliments it.

The piano black is OK, but it's difficult to notice when the panels and dash are black also. I would imagine it offsets ivory much better. When I ordered mine in June this year, wood wasn't an option, but I believe it is now.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Much to think about it. Hadn't considered Amethyst, but will try and hunt down some piccies now.

Still favouring Cappuccino at the moment, as I've now seen one in the flesh, and it looks very nice.

Have just spoken to my dealer again, and am really irritated to find that I can no longer specify the 3-spoke wheel with paddles for DSG.

Apparently, it used to be that the L+K was ordered as an Elegance, which simply had the L+K option ticked. This meant you could add all the Elegance options into the ordering system.

Now, it's changed to be a model in it's own right, and the 3-Spoke wheel can't be added. Guess I won't bother with the DSG, then. Thanks Skoda!

(I realise I could get the 3-spoke wheel fitted afterwards, but as it's a company car, I'm reluctant to mess with it too much.)

I went for the storm blue as everyone has the black or brown.

I did think about the white but some nuppity at work has just got a white car so that's now a no go.

I just wish you could get abetter range of colour like the fabia