Small issue with my new vRS

Thank god I am not the only one.

My wife thinks I am nuts the way I watch my car,

Ironically when I am doing something else she watches it just as much as I do but won't admit it.

I go to 3 shopping centres and have my spots picked out to park.

He is one example :)

post-53445-0-66002600-1353842867_thumb.jpg

Thank god I am not the only one.

My wife thinks I am nuts the way I watch my car,

Ironically when I am doing something else she watches it just as much as I do but won't admit it.

I go to 3 shopping centres and have my spots picked out to park.

He is one example :)

Nice. Would get me a ticket from the parking nazis round my neck of the woods though

Your nor paranoid, only had my 61 plate vrs for 3 weeks now, first time iv bought anythin so expensive, im only 21 so was a MASSIVE investment. Came off site at work yday, saw my car in daylight for the first time that day and....theres a cracker of a ding on my rear door :( honestly almost cried. Worst is, i cannot work out wher it happened, i have an extra wide space at work that i keep my car in whenever i take it in, im one of those folk who take 2 spaces up the back of the shoping car parks and it sits out side my house on a quiet road at night.....WHERE THE F**K DID IT HAPPEN?? needless to say, i was on the phone re. a repair as soon as i saw it, my mate does body work so wont be to much to sort, but its not the point. Honestly still devestated by it

Your nor paranoid, only had my 61 plate vrs for 3 weeks now, first time iv bought anythin so expensive, im only 21 so was a MASSIVE investment. Came off site at work yday, saw my car in daylight for the first time that day and....theres a cracker of a ding on my rear door :( honestly almost cried. Worst is, i cannot work out wher it happened, i have an extra wide space at work that i keep my car in whenever i take it in, im one of those folk who take 2 spaces up the back of the shoping car parks and it sits out side my house on a quiet road at night.....WHERE THE F**K DID IT HAPPEN?? needless to say, i was on the phone re. a repair as soon as i saw it, my mate does body work so wont be to much to sort, but its not the point. Honestly still devestated by it

Most paranoids nightmare.... :'( how did you get insurance at 21 for a vRS?

I'm also all of the above :happy:

However last Sunday I had a near miss, parked in the far corner of a car park as didn't have the kids with me for a child bay and it was busy so didn't want to take up two bays. Came out the shop and noticed from quite a distance that a crappy low loader was blocking the view of my car. At first I thought bloody typical I'll be checking my doors for dinks, then I spotted two guys beside my car and one being a look out. I managed to get my car out of it before they did anything but me thinks if I was a few minutes later I'd have no vRS!

So moral of the story, I like parking my car away from everyone else but security can be an issue!

You seem quite calm about the whole ordeal Dougall....?! If I thought that was about to go off I think I would have gone postal!

Agree with all of the other comments, I'm paranoid about parking in car parks too. Although I must admit, I don't really rate the 'use two spaces' technique. I can see why people take exception to this.

I'd love to lie and say yes I got the registration but I didn't!

I was angry when I thought it was some **** who could have parked elsewhere, when I realised what was going on I went into "I need to get the hell out of here" mode. Three guys, one of me and I'm thinking I have the keys which will make their job easier. I literally jumped on the phone to my mate so when I got to my car I was speaking to him, they backed off and I jumped in and got the hell out of there.

I'm not a small guy, but three of them, could have ended very differently...........It happend that quick I didn't even think about their reg number

Should also add - part of me thinks how stupid I am for parking in corners of car parks where hardly anyone parks and it's easier to break-in or rob your car.

I still park carefully - but maybe need to re-adjust in light of this

Don't blame you mate. I think we'd like to think we'd have gone vigilante on their asses, but in reality that's not always the best thing to do!

You've certainly given me food for thought about parking as far away from everyone else as possible though.

I'm quite lucky with where I park in the local asda. It is right by the enterance to the car park but miles away from the store so I get the best of both worlds. No one parks next to me but there are always people driving past.

Dougall where abouts in aberdeenshire were you when this happened? If you dont want to post in here message me as i would quite like to avoid going where ever you were when those dodgy blokes were eyeing up your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into tesco in Widnes at lunchtime to grab some bits and noticed a race blue VRS parked miles away from the store with no other cars around it gave me a wry smile I do exactly the same

I do all the parking things LOL

Picking kids up from school yesterday, I parked in parking space and as I went to get out a mum in a new Range Rover parked next to me at what I can only describe as a 45 degree angle. Her rear O/S was almo

To continue

Almost touching my front bumper and I could not open my drivers door. She got a not so polite piece of advice about parking and her ability to drive. She moved.

As I walked to school a dad with an RS4 caught me up and laughed as he told me he had the same conversation with the woman the day before as she almost hit his new car.

• Like 1

If using the two bay trick prevents someone else from parking at all it may result in the car getting a good keying.

In the shopping centre etc type car parks you also run the risk of getting 'fine' or 'penalty' notices. Probably not legally enforceable but you might have to put up with a lot of demands and references to debt collection agencies.

I do all the parking things LOL

Picking kids up from school yesterday, I parked in parking space and as I went to get out a mum in a new Range Rover parked next to me at what I can only describe as a 45 degree angle. Her rear O/S was almo

To continue

Almost touching my front bumper and I could not open my drivers door. She got a not so polite piece of advice about parking and her ability to drive. She moved.

As I walked to school a dad with an RS4 caught me up and laughed as he told me he had the same conversation with the woman the day before as she almost hit his new car.

You clearly take your kids to the wrong school.... you need to find one where mothers travel on foot with pushchairs, preferably fitted with side impact cushions (also known as shopping bags) to prevent scratching of cars by overly gawdy rings on their fingers or burning from lit cigarettes.

I'm taking supermarket car parking to the next level- I walk and leave the vRS at home. Alternatively if there's too much shopping I park opposite in the car park by Halfords and drag the trolly, complete with locked front wheel across the road as they're fitted with those daft automatic brakes.

• Like 1

So, where do I get a my membership number for this club???

Guilty as the next man of parking away from the shop entrance....... One time, in my last car I parked as far away as seemed 'paranoid' from the Tesco I go to......came back out and couldn't believe thatparked on both sides was a 4x4.........one side a Shogun, the other a Discovery.....and there were hundreds of spaces closer.....I'm sure they did it deliberately!!!