Castle Combe Spring Acton Day 2013! 27/04/13! Tracktime & Clubstand

devonutopia

That was me mate, I was flat on it but couldn't catch the Octy on the straight, then he would hit the brakes way before the Fabia needed to brake, couldn't pass in the corners because of no overtake signs.

Once the Focus passed me and slotted in the gap for the chicane this really did cause a queue as you can see on my video footage. Such is life though and I suppose we were not competing for podium or championship points, just out for some fun.

That was me in the MK2 Octy vRS. It was the first time I had driven it in anger really.. Made

me realise how badly it handles in the corners (hence the early braking at Quarry!) so currently writing a shopping list to sort that out!

Hopefully next time I go out with you guys the early braking wont be required!

Agree with you all on the 205 driver front thou.. We almost had a coming together due to his ****ty driving..

• Like 1

At last managed to upload the video (slow internet)

From the first mixed (Mad) session well more than 30 cars I think !!

Apologies for some of the language and also to some briskoda members for some late overtaking due to bebulliedlied at some points.

Enjoyed anyway

Karl :thumbup:

• Like 4

Wow, serious smoke from me lol, see what I mean about that TT overtaking through camp? That's why I kept wide lol.

Favourite quote feom Karl was 'don't brake you tit' :D

• Like 3

At last managed to upload the video (slow internet)

From the first mixed (Mad) session well more than 30 cars I think !!

Apologies for some of the language and also to some briskoda members for some late overtaking due to bebulliedlied at some points.

Enjoyed anyway

Karl :thumbup:

Great footage Karl, the Goodyears screeching just show how hard you were pushing.

Early version of some video I took; excuse the dodgy camera work, pick an excuse :D I'll try and edit out the shots of the stones tonight and reupload in a different format.

• Like 3

My video has finally uploaded (after 5 attempts!)

apologies for the 4 minutes at the beginning i got over eager with the start button and no matter how i tried i couldn't find a useful way to edit it out.

You'll catch some excellent marshall dancing if you do watch it but skip about 4 minutes to get to the good stuff.

Also apologies for the sound. the microphone is in the unit which was tucked into the sun visor so records a lot of vibration shell noise.

• Like 2

What a great day yesterday, I have just got in, overnight'd at a friends on route back.

Thanks to Jason for organising. Good to meet some new members as see some old friends.

Even though the weather was sunny then overcast and showers, I caught the sun on my face!

Hehe having now seen dave video :D

I agree it needs editing before released to brisk ears ;)

And noooo

Not just me :p

I take it he wasn't a fan of nitrogen in the tyres, or of blue 205 cj's lol, oh and yes it was the esses over there ;)

Very quick Jase, interesting to see you topping 115+ towards Quarry, in the MK II I was only managing to just top 100 mph. Rear camera works well.

My 1.2 managed to hit 100mph down that straight. Need a heavier right foot ;)

• Like 2

104 mph was my best top speed, as picked up by GPS on the camera, the speedo was indicating 110, this wasn't bad considering I had a passenger, a full tank of petrol and 18 cans of coke in the boot with an overnight bag and my camera gear.

We were not exactly travelling light :blush: