Castle Combe Spring Acton Day 2013! 27/04/13! Tracktime & Clubstand

devonutopia

It is, but I do missing having a bit more work to do.

I am not a fan of flappy paddles, which is why the Citigo is having a stick sequential shift.

You could say it's easy to get 95% out of it, the last 5% is what takes a bit of work.

I've always said on Briskoda that fun is not the same as speed.

I wouldn't be surprised if many other members were having just as much fun.

My Evo6 was fun with the power it had, and putting the power down was a challenge (especially on normal road tyres), but I never had as much fun in that with over 700bhp as I have had this week (monday and yesterday) with the vRS.

I didn't have the balls to track the Evo though, as I was constantly worried that something would break lol.

I'm working on ours now, but I'll just do the bumper cam of the whole session first as loading up three 4gb clips and working on them is going to take hours!!!

If you run the vid's through windows movie maker, and then save them as hd video's it drops them from 4gb to approx 1.3gb.

I have found a picture on my camera of a blue MK I Fabia, not sure who it is though.

The blue and yellow car is chrisw_vrs not xav.

Xav's car is black.

You can really see the white smoke coming out of mine if you watch from 5:30 onwards. :(

And at 3 minutes a cloud of soot goes past out of which my car appears when I get off the power and on the brakes for Tower :D

• Like 1

I will now apologise for spamming up the Brisky Castle Combe thread with Jap vids. :)

Any new stuff will come after a few days or more, probably in my "Big Fat Nissan" thread.

It's going to take me a while to sort out.

Just out of interest, Boss, what sort of camera mount were you using for the low-down side camera? Must have to have some suction power to stay on at those speeds

Right, the 1pm session (that took place about 1:45pm).

This was my third time out with Taylor riding shotgun and I was going for it a bit.

I loved it so much ive liked it on here and Youtube!

@ 3:55, it would appear we did pass the Evo from the start :think: :rofl:

Just out of interest, Boss, what sort of camera mount were you using for the low-down side camera? Must have to have some suction power to stay on at those speeds

All the mounts were held on by 3m sticky tape.

The track officials don't like suction mounts.

Not a single one moved, despite hitting 145-150mph in places.

• Like 1

No, but it was very quick, I only crawled past it on the straight.

It looked like a stripped out track car though, cunningly wrapped in an Avant shell.

The white TRD one? If so its a modified RS4 by Turner Race Developments in Stroud.

Dan and Jamie carried out the works on my fabia back in 2010 :thumbup:

All the mounts were held on by 3m sticky tape.

The track officials don't like suction mounts.

Not a single one moved, despite hitting 145-150mph in places.

That's just crazy! What a machine. Can I get a ride?

The white TRD one? If so its a modified RS4 by Turner Race Developments in Stroud.

That explains why it took me a while to pass it then! :rofl:

• Like 2

Right, the 1pm session (that took place about 1:45pm).

This was my third time out with Taylor riding shotgun and I was going for it a bit.

BTW, according to a rough prod at the buttons on my iphone stopwatch my 2nd lap was 1:16(ish).

That was probably one of the quickest due to a lack of traffic until the last corner.

Love the fact you got done by a civic after the chequared flag :D

Typical Honda driver, waits for you to back off and then gives it some lol

• Like 3

Thought it was an S4 not RS4 ?

Probably bragging about it on some Honda forum as well. :D

Well if thats the case ........ I went past mr sox fox on route to coombe :D

Infact so much so it was like he was almost sat still :D

Beat that in your honda wu ha ha

Aah..... Wait a minute :D

• Like 2

Evening all, great day yesterday! Good to catch up with people I've not seen in a while too!

A real shame we all got split up, but the second session was quieter for those of us on that one, and gave some nice room to make some progress.

Thanks to those who managed to take pictures, some cracking ones in there :)

Richard - cheers for letting me use your GoPro too, hopefully there is a little footage of actually driving, and not just you and Jason chatting in the pits!

Here is my footage

Edited by SimonK24
  • Like 4

Yes, there is Simon.

I'll sort it over the next day or two.

I think we sat behind you most of the time.

I know my throat was sore for the rest of the day, which I put down to the diesel fumes/soot, so will bring a mask next time. :D