JoshH's Fabia VRS

JoshH

Yeah definately :)

Coilovers all done, front polybushing done too. Took it for a quick spin around the block and no knocks or bangs so all good so far!

Had a good insurance quote of £569 with mods.

My NSF Splash guard behind the disc fell apart with rust so need to order one of them up! Also the coolant light has decided to beep and flash at me all the time - new header tank needed then.

And my last very annoying problem is there's a drivers door micro switch failed I think, interior lights not going off all the time...hoping that it may sort itself when the cars in use as it wasn't like it before I parked it up :(

Just one in progress pic

72B80A89-060C-4201-BB69-7395C29C3698-3330-0000018082C5D05D.jpg

Edited by JoshH
  • Like 1

Looking good!

I had the door switch fail on my old vrs. Took it to Unit 18 and glad i did because looked a right pain in the arse to do, drilling out the rivets and then Ali having to order special larger sized ones because normal ones dont fit.

Bowen, as long as my own brake upgrade goes ok then yes no problem we can sort out a Sunday morning to do it!

Cheers Jars :)

Deadmau5 - really hope it'll sort itself right now lol, can't be dealing with all that hastle!

Big update though, due to a slight change in circumstances, this is on the road tomorrow!! Gonna be a nice drive to work with it craving done alignment lol :D

• Like 1

You can see the difference in the cloudiness even from that range!

Yeah it's quite surprising mate! Have had a chance to check the old ones yet but they seem totally intact will pm you later :)

Full BT audio streaming and built in parrot, £99 - cheaper than a parrot with a screen lol!

Thats great! So where was it £99? Seen it for around £120. I could consolidate my Parrot and Aux input ans swap it with one of these and gain BT audio from my phone! :)

Does it have a remote microphone?

Thats great! So where was it £99? Seen it for around £120. I could consolidate my Parrot and Aux input ans swap it with one of these and gain BT audio from my phone! :)

Does it have a remote microphone?

Yep remote mic mate, halfords dude, was £99.99 offer ended Wednesday. Online reserve only price!

It has full Siri integration too if you have an iPhone :)

Beat most places by £20-30.

Yeah sex wax lol, it's an air freshener that came with the car, meant to bin it as its just a piece of card now lol

Edited by JoshH

No real updates yet...

Just been enjoying commuting with my steering wheel sat at 45* to the left lol. Averaging 52-55mpg on my commute so that's a nice relief for the wallet.

Ordered 4 x Hankook V12 Ventus tyres for fitting on Saturday AM.

Coilover set up, front anti roll bar fitting and tracking being sorted Monday too :)

Yep remote mic mate, halfords dude, was £99.99 offer ended Wednesday. Online reserve only price!

It has full Siri integration too if you have an iPhone :)

Beat most places by £20-30.

Picked one up at the weekend - 89.99 with a discount code i found on HUKD website :) Ive ordered the Aerial converter and facia on ebay - Was the wiring a simple plug and play with this HU?

Will be good to see your reviews on the tyres. I'll be needing some soon.

Picked one up at the weekend - 89.99 with a discount code i found on HUKD website :) Ive ordered the Aerial converter and facia on ebay - Was the wiring a simple plug and play with this HU?

Will be good to see your reviews on the tyres. I'll be needing some soon.

Bargain!

Yeah straight forward plug and play mate, don't push the cage the radio sits in flush with the dash either, leave it out about 5-10mm so the front of the HU sits nicely with the cubby hole and facia.

You'll see what I mean as you install :)

Longest part will be feeding the mic through and that's fairly easy!

Will report back on tyres etc.

Nice update.

Fancy fitting my 312mm brakes? :blush: Wish I had the knowledge and confidence to do this D.I.Y.

i did mine buddy, first attempt and first time doing them, it was actually really easy mate, just need a willing volunteer to help bleed your brakes after lol!!

• Like 1