Hi-Fi (music buffs).

jonnie5

Following on from the "Is anyone a musician" thread. Seeing that quite a lot are in the music scene some of you must like your audio equipment?

So what do you all have?

I would love a big enough house that I could run a separate 2 channel stereo amp and speakers. But I just run a Denon multi channel amp, Sony BDP S550 Bluray could up to a set of Bower and Wilkins DM603S3 which are bi-amped and a Bower and Wilkins ASW 600 Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Mitchell Electronic Reference, Hadcock arm, Corel 777ex cartridge, new needle at some point. Meridian 101 preamp, TVA valve amp and Mission 777mk2.

Very slowly using Audacity to digitise my record collection and shove on my media player.

I had to get a phono stage when the meridiam internal module went pop. Ended up with a Graham Slee.

Edited by nickguzzi
  • Like 2

Yamaha RX-V467 AV Reciever, with A2DP bluetooth interface. Run in Stereo (2.1) mode only.

Philips Blu-Ray player

Pioneer PD-M6 muiltichanger (26 years old and still going strong)

Sony Minidisc Separates Recorder / Player (MDLP compatible)

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 Speakers

Q Acoustics 2070s Subwoofer.

Also have a Projekt Debut 2 Turntable and seperate Projekt phono Pre-amp but these are currently not connected due to lack of space.

• Like 2

I used to have a Merantz turntable. I don't even have any vinyl anymore. The range and sound from a vinyl record was much better that tape and compact disc. I want comment on mp3 as I'm sure you can get studio quality on mp3. Might have to search for a table and some vinyl now.

I just sold my seperates which were Harmon Kardon 610 amp, B&W 602 speakers, Marantz 63SE signature cd player, Sony 128 tuner and a Sony dvd player. But now got a Denon DM39, Dali Zenzor 1 speakers and a Sony Blue Ray player. The old system had more bass to it but i don't need that anymore and the new system sounds brilliant.

• Like 1

Great thread.

I'm itching to get my Manticore Mantra turntable out of storage in the loft to re-awaken my vinyl collection.

Currently scratching around with various digital media hooked up to a small Technics integrated amp, Technics SL-PG570A cd player and a pair of brand-less floor standing speakers (quite decent even tho they were only £50 from lidl - still going strong 12 years on!!)

Always wanted to get hold of a Naim pre and power setup. Here's hoping.

Rob

• Like 1

In my living room:

Quad 303 Amp

Quad 33 Preamp

Denon CD player

EV Studio 80 speakers

Apple Airplay Express (eventually)

In my bedrom:

iMac

Edirol interface

Samson Servo 170 Amp

Wharfedale Diamond speakers (and a pair of Deltas at my parents)

Both very loud and sound ace

• Like 2

In my bedroom....

Front-mission m74's

Centre- mission m7c2

Back-mission m73's

Amp-Sony STR-DB930 5.1

Amp, centre speaker and m74's acquired at 17:30 today :D couldn't believe my luck when I found the big daddies to my m73's :)

J.E

• Like 1

What do you think guys. Is this thread useless without picture? It anyone has and B&W especially 800 series Diamonds, Signatue or Nautalus please please post. I love this brand.

Mitchell Electronic Reference, Hadcock arm, Corel 777ex cartridge, new needle at some point. Meridian 101 preamp, TVA valve amp and Mission 777mk2.

Very slowly using Audacity to digitise my record collection and shove on my media player.

I had to get a phono stage when the meridiam internal module went pop. Ended up with a Graham Slee.

He he - I've got a Michell Hydraulic Reference with Michell Fluid arm and Ortofon VMS20e.......

I used to have Hi-Fi seperates and speakers all over the place but condensed it all to this. Very pleased...

http://www.ruarkaudi...ts/r4i-overview

finishes-r4i-walnut.jpg

Combined it with an Apple Airplay so can now play form my phone, ipad and laptop wirelessly.

When we are busy cooking or doing housework we use a Roberts DAB radio in the kitchen for background noise.

What I once got caught up in the hype buying expensive equipment that I found myself listening to the speakers rather than the music.

Just bought a Rega Planar3 turntable for the vinyl. Cambridge Azure 640 V.2 Amp/CD and Eltax floorstand speakers. Sounds good. Grado Headphones for late nights.

Will upgrade Amp/CD and speakers when funds permit

Andy

Edited by AndyC

How timely is this thread?

Just dragged my 300+ collection of vinyl out of the loft and dusted off my 30 year old Rega Planar 3. Had to repair the turntable after a couple of plays as it went slow.

New drive belts and motor suspension belt didn't fix it. Motor and main bearing lubrication also had no effect. Turned out to be a dodgy capacitor in the motor power supply, easy fix in the end.

Loving it :love:

• Like 2

Here's ma Shexy Celestions... But they're in storage atm :'(

CelestionDitton22_1.jpg

Here's ma daily hack (I work with audio).. Dynaudio BM5's.. These are not to be underestimated, best compact speaker I've heard for under a Monkey... (and I've heard quite a few over the years).

336572.jpg

Currently running on an Alises.. It aint pretty, it aint feature full.. but it's amplifies all the right bits ;)

20100802163757.jpg

But, got this for the Celestions.. Hitachi HA4800.. It's not brilliant, but it's period.. would like some old chunky aluminium 70's Pioneer for the Celestions really.. if I ever come across one cheap.

vx5764_1.JPG

Don't get me started on MP3.... or Vinyl, for that matter.... They're both rubbish, trust me!

... I used to work with a set of these, Quad ESL 63 ... There's not a day goes by I don't miss the clarity, Electrostatics are just amazing to work with.... It's like wearing some amazing full range headphones whilst being sat in a room full of sound with absolutely pin point accurate stereo position and depth....

QUAD_02.jpg

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...