Octavia vRS

VRS 4x4 tdi ill place my order now that would be perfect for me if they did a VRS superb 4x4 I'd have traded in my pathfinder instantly I found the current superb a little soft for what I wanted although I'm still tempted lol

Ents, where are you getting all this info from?

I can't understand them speccing a scout and vrs with the same engines. As well as competing with themselves, they'd be competing head to head with the passat alltrack and A4 allroad.

Even if someone does work for Skoda, there's nothing stopping them using different engines or different tunes for different markets.

When Skoda UK or NZ decide that no they don't want 180hp, they'd rather have the 140hp tune so it's not cannibalizing their other sales.

Unless he works for Skoda. But I reckon your right KIWI why would they have the same engines.

Still I won't believe anyone on here ill wait for Skoda to release details.

At last OwenPaul11... maybe You're on to something here Sherlock... :angel:

But if we're talking seriously then both RS and Scout will have 135kw engines. One is FWD (with manual and DSG) and the other is 4x4 (only DSG). My information is Europe based only but I assume that "little" company as Skoda will have the same options worldwide. And as far as we know VAG dont see Octavia being any serious competitor for Passat or A4 (c'mon... its a Skoda :giggle: )

Dont forgot that skoda octavia its not anymore a segment C car like golf/leon/A3. Rapid replaces octavia in this point, so new Octavia will be a segment D car so bigger engines/4x4 are very possible in this case.

Dont forgot that skoda octavia its not anymore a segment C car like golf/leon/A3. Rapid replaces octavia in this point, so new Octavia will be a segment D car so bigger engines/4x4 are very possible in this case.

Nope... Octavia stays in C-class (small middle-class). Direct competitors are Citroen C4, Honda Civic, Hyundai i30, Mazda 3, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Auris/Corolla, VW Golf, Audi A3, BMW 1 etc. D-class (middle) is Superb with cars like Ford Mondeo, Mazda 6, Opel Insignia, Toyota Avensis, VW Passat, Audi A4, BMW 3.

These alledged pics of the RS were "accidentally" leaked on the Slovak configurator. Take them with a pinch of salt but it may look like this:

Source: http://www.autoforum.cz/predstaveni/skoda-octavia-iii-rs-2013-unikly-prvni-obrazky-noveho-eresa/

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_01_800_600.jpg

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_02_800_600.jpg

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_03_800_600.jpg

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_04_800_600.jpg

Edited by OctaviaT81
  • Like 1

And a rear wiper (sorry been reading another thread)...

At the bottom of the third picture: Is that an estate on the right?

Thats looks like a Fabia to me... I think its a controlled leak to be honest... however I guess it could change! I like the idea of the dual exhausts and the large reflector strip!

Should have gone to specsavers.

Crap resolution, on phone at the same to ChrisRs his battery has failed again twice in 4 days mand I did go to specsavers, I am just not wearing them