Drink drive

seboni121

Gloucestershire Police caught 12 in the first week of the campaign (started 1/12, reported on 7/12)

One thing they have been very forceful about is that they will be carrying out tests throughout the day, not just after the pubs close, to catch the lunchtime drinkers and those still over the limit from last night.

If they have caught 30 people ...how many people are actually driving around drunk or worse under the influence of drugs....got pulled over for a breath test last year...very pleasant experience...especially knowing my last alcohol was 12 months ago.....it came back a flat 0.0 :rock:

That's what I keep reminding my lad - it's the 6 to 8 hours + later that still catches out a lot of people. My license is far more valuable than a drink or two + consideration of others safety!!! :happy:

• Like 1

I wonder what percent were nicked in the morning?

I'd say a lot judging by the people I've seen drink like a tank when they have to be at a morning meeting.

You can tell them time and time again, but you can bet at least one will.

If I ever knew they were, then I'd be onto the police about them.

• Like 1

I follow Durham RPU on Twitter and they had caught the same bloke twice in one week!

Off topic for this thread but they did tweet about catching a Truck running red diesel, when the owner turned up they dipped the tank in his car and found red diesel in there as well! :giggle:

Lots do it in rural Wales and quite a few aren't insured either and they think because they never leave that area they will be fine. It's not funny when they hit something. I've never knowingly drunk driven. Even if I've drunk the night before I always get a lift into work

• Like 1

You would think people would learn, I know someone who got banned for this, I couldn't believe it! Especially just for the sake of a couple of drinks. It's just not worth it - losing your license and/or killing someone.

The club my parents go to is full of drink drivers. When I pick them up I always watch where I park so I'm nowhere near them. Some are really open about it and some are sneaky and park a street away. Only a handful have been caught in the last 10 years, one ended up rolling at a simple bollard chicane and did a runner. The thing is several times people have phoned the local Police to come out and watch for them but half the time they never bother. Always something else on. If they want easy jobs to do then this would be perfect, They could get 3 a night

The club my parents go to is full of drink drivers.

I find it's mostly 'older' people that seem to be the culprit. If I go out with friends and someone's driving then they either don't drink at all, or have 1 at the start of the night then soft drinks. Personally I stop at a sip of someone else's drink. Compare that to when I go out for a meal or something, I often see older groups/couples (I'm rubbish with ages, but late 30s+ maybe?) knock back a bottle of wine and then still jump into a car. If I did that at my age I'd be deemed some sort of Satanist or whatever, but they seem to think it's fine. Really annoys me.

Anyway, the more the Police catch the better - don't want them to ruin someone's Christmas (or worse, life) with a crash. :thumbup:

I'm driving a lot at night now compared to before and I can't say I've seen an increased Police presence around Oxford/Aylesbury.