My Track Toy

Cossie1

Yeah, don't ruin this with a shopping list! :no:

Vinyl / decals only work in 2 ways: minimal and effective or full coverage and varied (varied size graphics that is). I see loads of people who go down the "in-between" road and it looks pony.

Rubbish:

Car-Decals1.jpg

Awesome:

864625Plato99Brands.jpg

Rubbish:

bumper-sticker-car.jpg

Awesome:

seat-leon-wtcc.JPG

Because your car is silver, I'd stick to the 3-colour rule. (Silver as your main, black as your secondary... and then a bright *hint* of another colour, such as green, orange or yellow). Here is an example of pure beauty:

jlja.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Edited by Tactical 87
  • Like 1

Ok Powerflex Black series bushes arrived today :D

I went for the solid lower arm rear bushes, as I don't wanna have to replace them again.

They are being fitted next week.

Also picked up an R32 farb and Neuspeed 28mm rarb now, so the R32 will get fitted at the same time as the Powerflex bushes.

The Neuspeed needs new bushes are there cracked and split, so i've ordered replacements from Awesome GTi, but they said it will be 2 - 3 weeks before they are here. so i'll delay fitting that for the time being, as everyone says fitting the brackets is a bitch, so I only want to do it once :D

Also sorted out some 17" road tyres which I will be fitting tomorrow hopefully, which means I can get the 18" RS4's off :D

post-95943-0-01017800-1378391484_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

lmao your car who gives a **** about an R8 pffttt :giggle:

These are the only ones I have, not taken any since I put the seats and harness's in.

The floor in the front footwells is also dirty now, as the black from the bottom of my trainers has rubbed into the sound deadening (really need to get around to chipping that **** out).

EDIT: Centre console has also gone since these pics were taken :D

IMG_1552_zps6c03644d.jpg

IMG_1546_zpse5312977.jpg

IMG_1547_zpsa7698c6a.jpg

IMG_1551_zps235ad316.jpg

IMG_1549_zps02e921bc.jpg

IMG_1550_zps040fe4d3.jpg

IMG_1548_zpsc0f14f12.jpg

IMG_1554_zps0f08285b.jpg

hmm that looks pretty good actually thanks,is useable as a daily drive?

Why wouldn't it be ?

The only reason I have a 2nd car, is incase I break this on track (which seems to be common going by the last couple of trackdays), or if I need to take my lad and the mrs out at the same time :D

10hr day feel like **** every bone aches oh great ive now got drive home in a droney rattly piece of crap  :giggle: i stripped my cav like you got yours but the exhaust was perfect so hardly any interior noise, all out the tips :rofl:

it doesnt really matter as i got a spare car to,but i bought the vrs to move away from loud modified cars, that idea fell flat on its face :angel:

10hr day feel like **** every bone aches oh great ive now got drive home in a droney rattly piece of crap  :giggle: i stripped my cav like you got yours but the exhaust was perfect so hardly any interior noise, all out the tips :rofl:

it doesnt really matter as i got a spare car to,but i bought the vrs to move away from loud modified cars, that idea fell flat on its face :angel:

It is pretty loud inside because of the exhaust, and tbh if the exhaust wasn't so free flowing, I would have changed it (but i'd rather the noise than the loss of power) :D

It will get louder when I chip out the sound deadening, as that stuff tends to make a huge difference.

There is nothing to rattle though, other than the rear number plate against the bootlid.

It will prob be alot worse when those black series bushes are fitted too, then it will be a rattly price of crap I expect lol.

i love a loud exhaust its drone i hate, that **** plays tricks with your mind :x

probably leave it in mine,

tbh its not hard so ill just give it go if i hate it back in it goes :D

pretty sure your the only one stripped so good get your opinion

Well got the car back today, after having the poly bushes fitted.

They had a few issue's fitting the solid front wishbone rear bushes, apparently there 10 tonne press wasn't happy and spat it's dummy out lol, they managed to fix that though and get them fitted in the end :whew:

Also the rear bushes were a bitch to fit apparently, as there was NO give in them at all.

Still all done now, R32 farb was fitted at the same time :D

So thats the complete car running on Powerflex Black series bushes, with the exception of the top mounts, they will be on the normal powerflex bushes, and will be fitted when my adjustable top mounts turn up.

On the road, I can feel it's stiffer, but it's not uncomfortable, they only downside is the rear bushes squeek a little, but i'm hoping that settles down when i've done a few more miles.

Also fitted a pair of brand new track tyres to the front yesterday, ready for combe on saturday (shame it looks like it's gonna be :rain: :rain: :rain:  now).

Ok so I put the track tyres on the car last thursday ready for combe (as the weather was nice on thursday) hoping it would give me a chance to scrub in the new front tyres.

Sadly the weather was bad on friday, so no scrubbing of tyres was done lol.

On friday evening I had the chance to use a 4 poster ramp for 20 mins, so that I could replace the turbo oil return pipe gasket, as I had noticed it was starting to weap a little after replacing the sump (as I forgot to order a new gasket before I fitted the sump).

I didn't want to replace it on the ground, as I thought if I jacked up the back of the car high enough, this would allow me to swap the gasket with minimal oil loss.

Shame the best laid out plans always seem to turn to **** :wall:

Needless to say it didn't work, the moment I pulled the pipe away from the sump, I got covered in oil :@

Anyway a fast swap of the gasket and refitting of the bolts was done, to minimise the oil loss and the cleaning up I now had to do.

Needless to say, there wasn't enough oil in the engine now for it to register on the dipstick, but I had 1 litre in the boot (incase I ever need to topup), so I poored that in, but this only put the oil onto the very tip of the dipstick.

Luckily I had another 1 litre at home, so I nipped home and grabbed that, this was enough to put the level just above max :whew:

Anyhow no harm done (other than 2 litres of oil over my new trainers and the workshop floor) :rofl:

On Saturday I tried to scrub the tyres in on the way to Combe, but the roads were damp and as soon as I tried to put any power down, it just wheelspan.

Luckily by the time we got on track, it was dry, so the first couple of laps I took it easy, until the tyres came in.

The car behaved well on track, but on the way back to the stand, I could smell oil :sweat:

When I opened the bonnet, there was oil down the side of my catch can, so it looks like that it wasn't happy with being just above max.

I checked the oil level when it had cooled down and it was still a little above max, so it hadn't spat much out of the catch can breather :)

On the 2nd session, I noticed that there was some clonking going on, and something felt loose, but it wasn't happening all the time, and the car still handled well, so I just carried on :)

After the session, I checked the engine bay for oil again, this time there was minimal loss (I think it just spat out any that was left in the filter itself, as it was very little).

There was no sign of anything obviously loose to cause the clonking either.

However it turned out that 1 of my brand new track tyres, was wrecked :@

The tread has sunk in the centre.

Anyhow for the first time in 3 trackdays, I managed to drive home from the track :rofl:

Also my fastest lap of the day, was the last lap of the 2nd session, which was also 0.2 seconds faster than my previous fastest lap of combe, however last time I was on my own in the car, and this time I had a passenger fitted and a toolkit in the back :rock:

Anyway enough rambling on, here are the video's for anyone that hasn't already seen them.

• 2 weeks later...

My Silver Project adjustable top mounts arrived on Wednesday, and yesterday the new bushes for my 28mm rarb arrived :D

So I thought i'd go and fit them today, started with fitting the Audi TT jacking pads that I have had for about 6 months and kept forgetting to fit lol, nice and simple job to do, although i'm pretty sure the floor has distorted on the passenger side already since I fitted the pad :o

Next I fitted the passenger side top mount, nice and quick job, simply removed the top hat, then the drop link and there was enough movement to get the standard top mount out, and the new solid one in place, 20 mins, job done :D

Onto the drivers side, and sadly not quite so simple, the nut that holds the top mount in place, was rock solid, I had an air gun on it (albeit a weak one), but it wasn't coming free, the shaft kept spinning, even with a decent pair of grips on the shaft, it kept spinning :(

In the end I gave in and removed the coilover to give me some space to work with. Kept on with the air gun, but it wasn't having it. Next I tried with an allen key in the centre of the shock, and a spark plug socket on the nut, as the plug socket allowed me to fit a spanner to it, to apply some pressure. But again it still wouldn't have it.

The father in law gave me a hand, he tried gripping the shaft whilst I tried with the airgun, but still it wouldn't budge, after an hour and a half, I managed to remove the rubber of the top mount, but the nut was still in place (and had to come off still), we tried again with the airgun, an air ratchet, allen key and socket, nothing was working, the shaft just kept spinning and there was no way to grip it tight enough, without risking damaging it, we even tried locking the allen key against the ground, and hammering the spanner, whilst it was on the socket, but it still wouldn't budge.

By this time, I was fedup with it, and tried 1 last time, with the allen key against the floor, and put the spanner straight onto the nut as the top mount was out of the way now, 20 seconds later the nut was off lol.

Couldn't believe it lol.

Anyway got the new solid top mount fitted, aimed it at about the same direction as the passenger side and that was it for the day.

If the weather is good tomorrow (not looking great at the moment according to my phone), i'll fit the rarb, if not it will be sometime next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would love something like that, but I don't think the budget would allow tbh.

Love that look

I have acquired a full Octy WRC kit that I was going to fit on my Silver VRS but not sure I have the b***s to do in on the road

now on your car...............hmmm  

maybe someone might be interested..