Octavia 3 UK pricing and Availability

All this making me very happy that I went for a VAT free Superb 2.0TSI rather than waiting for the Octavia 3 vRS

£3,980 on options to spec an Octy 3 Elegance to get what comes as standard on the Superb - ouch!

But the auto dimming rear view mirror comes as standard, so that's all right then

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to see what Skoda UK make of the VRS, I'm hoping they spec like the Elegance except omit the standard auto-dim mirror, sat-nav and auto wipers but add 18" wheel definitely makes the likely £23k for the TSi and £24k for the CR not too bad.

I also hope that cornering fogs can be programmed in with VAG.com, if it can it's a joke that they want to charge £100+ for the privilege.

vrs has always been based on the basic spec

No DSG available on any petrol engine SUK have gone too far in their stupidity !!

I can only assume this is temporary, as manufacturing ramps up. If not, it is nonsensical. Petrol plus DSG is the only combination for me.

In their announcement of the Octavia's prices, Autoexpress said:

"What’s more, Skoda reckons that the new Octavia Elegance has £5,300 worth of extra features over the outgoing range-topper."

Can anyone explain how the new Elegance has over £5k of equipment over and above that of the outgoing L&K?

It's been mid level trim with sporty bits added on the mk1 and 2

Indeed, when the MK2 vRS came out a lot of kit was optional. Standard, it was lacking dual zone climate, rear electric windows, jumbo box and 18" wheels. You got, a standard heater with aircon, wind down windows in the back, no arm rest and 17" alloys. Both the MK1 vRS and MK2 vRS were based on the Ambiente entry level model with a few extra bits.

Indeed, when the MK2 vRS came out a lot of kit was optional. Standard, it was lacking dual zone climate, rear electric windows, jumbo box and 18" wheels. You got, a standard heater with aircon, wind down windows in the back, no arm rest and 17" alloys. Both the MK1 vRS and MK2 vRS were based on the Ambiente entry level model with a few extra bits.

Same with the Octy II Sport, early ones, like the one we had, even made do with the Ambiente interior :S Oh and our Fabia Monte Carlo is also an Ambiente underneath; see boot/service book build sticker ;)

I think Skoda UK are now pushing the RRP prices far to high, our Yeti is very likely to be the last top spec model we buy new from Skoda; base spec models from now unless second hand with a healthy depredation discount.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

I think the cornering lights are a twin bulb foglight like in the polo

It is good that you can have a heated windscreen as part of the winter pack

But not, it seems, on Elegance spec, again SUK screw up!

I wouldn't trust SUK website too much....! Many times its info differs to brochures from my experience.

Also, this option....

Crew protection assistant and rear side airbags (senses when an impact is imminent and closes windows and sunroof to protect passengers)

I read this option as.... e.g. you are driving down the road and the windows automatically close, unknown to you that a car coming round the bend is going to hit you!!! How quickly can they close??

I have done some rough calculations, assuming that the Irish specs are the same as the UK, the 2.0TDI DSG Elegance will be approx. 32,000 euros and 35,000 euros being sparse with the options list. Thats the same price as a 2.0TDI 140 DSG Elegance Superb !!!!!!

• Like 1

I agree , headlamp washers and a good set of Nightbreakers for me. Spend the option money elsewhere, Columbus + Canton would be a much better use of that money.

My view, firstly ill start of by saying SUK need to open there eyes.

The MK1 octy was a massive hit in the taxi trade, & i know that prob wasn't there aim, I had a chat with a rep from suk about this & asked if they could reproduce the mk1 with a few minor changes & was told to consider the rapid.

When the first mk1 classic 1.9pd came out it way priced about 10k, and what a car it was at £10,000. It done everything you asked of it.

The Mk2 started off great, few things that annoyed me but got past them, but wouldn't buy the 1.6CR engine with the DPF for work, heard a few horror stories about them already.

The mk3, at the prices advertised ill be looking into another brand unfortunately, love Skoda's but price is climbing to high.

Can't understand why they don't reproduce a car that is only Available to the taxi & phc trade, they would make a killing if it was decent

G

It's not viable to run an entire production line just to turn out cars in limited numbers for taxi drivers.

If it was still being made for sale in developing markets then you might have had a chance but not now.

Going back to the Mk3 for a minute, it doesn't look like there's a sunroof option yet. Hopefully that will be one of the choices that gets added at a later date.

• Like 1

Interesting to see a 'Sports Suspension' option. Eibachs from the mk2 or just a couple of Czech bricks hidden in the boot?

Much better than sport suspension is factory offroad package + 2 sport suspension springs bought separately. Though I do not know if they will offer offroad package on Mk3 Octy (probably not after all it adds weight, just like spare wheel and normal sized fuel tank). In any case, offroad package was not offered spearately in the UK, so you'd need to import from Ireland/elsewhere.

Benefits:

• you get tautier shocks, though still not as durable as Bilstein B6 Sports. Both Octy's and Superb's shocks lasted 15k miles before loosening, I put Bilstein B6 Sport monotubes on Mk1 Superb and 115k miles later, they still drive as new,
  • underbody is covered much better, resulting in smoother surface and better airflow, and less trouble with obstacles during the life of the car
  • average clearance is similar to regular car, less trouble at kerbs/speed bumps than with sports suspension.
  • lower front/higher rear results in more downforce at rear at speed, the car drives better on motorway. This is noticeable from 90mph+,
  • If you pack the car full with a towbar box attached, the rear is at stock level and does not look like an elephant sat on it :)

Edited by dieselV6

I dont know if its been mentioned, but most buyers will want the metallic (£495) and "temporary spare wheel" (£75) option.

That means the prices for most people start at £16560......

Maybe the cost of paint has gone up.....

I dont know if its been mentioned, but most buyers will want the metallic (£495) and "temporary spare wheel" (£75) option.

That means the prices for most people start at £16560......

Maybe the cost of paint has gone up.....

Isn't it the same price as Metallic Paint on the Mk2?

They charge £460 on the Citigo and that has half the bodywork to paint so this is actually a *better* value option....