Tyre Pressure for 1.4 tsi Vrs

That TPMS is pants IMO. Ive tried a few tests with it. I dropped about 8 psi out of mine on the last trackday and never bothered resetting them for the journey home. 3 days and about 150 miles later it flashed at me as it had finally registered the drop.

I then changed my rear tyres, all pressures were set at 2.5bar hot again, about 4 days later it goes off again. I went and checked my tyre pressures and lo&behold 2.5Bar(hot) all round, all it had done was take 4 days to recognize my tyres had a lot more tread.

• Like 1

Pants and why people should never trust in it and imagine their tyre pressures are correct.

It might when set warn a driver that a tyre has lost pressure dramatically if they are daft enough not to notice.

Which is what it sometimes just may do.

Mostly useful with 'Run Flat' tyres.

So one finger to press and reset, and cost nothing and does no real harm, i would imagine.

george

right there with vRSy. When changing all four tyres i was a little disappointed that when i pulled away from the fitters the TPMS didn't go mad due to the change. As such i wondered just how good this actually is, especially as the pressures were all other the place as well (can't remember what, but all 4 were different :) when i checked).

it wont know if you have changed tyres! it measures that the rolling speed of each wheel is the same.... so even if your new tyres are different pressures, if they are "the same" it wont notice... what it WILL notice is if one suddenly changes!

• Like 1

it wont know if you have changed tyres! it measures that the rolling speed of each wheel is the same.... so even if your new tyres are different pressures, if they are "the same" it wont notice... what it WILL notice is if one suddenly changes!

So if all the tyres over time lose the same amount of pressure it won't come up and they are all the same

35psi front

34psi rear

A little bit lower than the filler cap says. If I know I'm going to be carrying a full load though, then I'll beef them up a bit.

So if all the tyres over time lose the same amount of pressure it won't come up and they are all the same

yes (although chances of that are astronomical) it uses the ABS sensors, to sense a change in relative speed (compaired to the others) of each tyre... if one is changing there is a puncture... obviously the all change ALL the time as you accelerate/decelerate ect.

I've found it works very well... it picked up a 0.1 BAR pressure change on one of my tyres!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Yes ,tyre pressures I knew it had been a while since I'd last checked them. Had noticed that the mpg was gently heading south & that the car was a little noisier over speed bumps . . . . Had put it down to these artic temperatures

Usual scenario arises . . . The Air point at the village petrol station has white van man parked in front of it, only to find out he's come to fix it ,again! At least he knew the next village forecourt air was working. :-)

The lowest tyre was 1.8bar,& the highest was only 2.1bar . Oops!

Also added 1 litre oil, 1st time since service 3000 miles ago , that's no thirstier than my 2.0l beetle that the Fabia replaced! :-)

Edited by RazeVRS

Ah, Yes ,tyre pressures I knew it had been a while since I'd last checked them. Had noticed that the mpg was gently heading south & that the car was a little noisier over speed bumps . . . . Had put it down to these artic temperatures

Usual scenario arises . . . The Air point at the village petrol station has white van man parked in front of it, only to find out he's come to fix it ,again! At least he knew the next village forecourt air was working. :-)

The lowest tyre was 1.8bar,& the highest was only 2.1bar . Oops!

Also added 1 litre oil, 1st time since service 3000 miles ago , that's no thirstier than my 2.0l beetle that the Fabia replaced! :-)

So the tyre pressure sensor didn't go off at all? I try to check my pressures every week, but it is nice to have the sensor... if it works!

The only time my tyre sensor went off was when I forgot to re-set it after swapping round the back wheels. But even then it didn't actually go off until about 10 miles down the road.

So the tyre pressure sensor didn't go off at all?

Nope! Checked tyres at home first, but my cycle tyre compresser was taking an age to put 0.1 bar in .

The TPS did flash and ding after a mile of 50mph driving,to the second garage forecourt . Reset it then topped up all 4 tyres.

On the drive home The TPS did not flash or ding having topped the tyres up though! Thought it would of ,as the tyre circumference would have changed with the added air.

Edited by RazeVRS

I checked mine yesterday, stealer had set them to 30psi front and 28psi rear... stupid stealer. So upped to 36/35... all it did was make more rattles appear (annoying one right in the middle/back of my dash i cant stop agh!) :wall:

Was hoping it would cure the bad pulling i have to the left... but alas, no. looks like tracking/balance check is needed.

My stealer always messed up my tyre pressures, without fail. Had to fork out 20p to correct them every time I got the car back from a service. That's cost me like... 80p in all the time I've had the car!!!

Stupid dealers indeed, hate them! :swear:

• 4 years later...