No 1.8TSI Option in Octavia 3?

I read the parkers review and one or two others, and they do not seem to mention a 1.8TSI option.

Has it been removed?

If so, this is very disappointing and means I'll probably not buy an Octy 3 - I particularly fancied this engine. All of you who own current 1.8 TSI's - please look after them - I might buy one from you...

My wife has a FL Octy II 1.8 TSi Elegance on 09 plate, it is a peach of an engine! My Superb is due for replacement this year, was even considering swapping to petrol Octy III if it does 45 mpg or more on a run, hopefully, it will be released when they ramp up production, June/July, aparently the rear suspension will be same set up as vrs but launch cars have lesser set up.

It's on the technical guide PDFs that Colin provided in another thread, so there will be a 1.8TSI in the Mk3.

Whether we get it in the UK or not is another matter. It may follow on at a similar time to the VRS or they may decide that sales won't justify the cost and we'll have a big jump from 1.4 to 2.0.

I suspect it will just be a later arrival.

I'd also say it will follow on after launch. Actually, it pretty much has to for the petrol Scout version. I could never see Skoda giving that the 2 litre TSi from the VRS (as it would out perform it with 4wd!) and the 1.4 would probably be too weedy to run the 4wd setup. :-) A Scout using the 1.8TSi is high on my list of next car possibilities so I really hope it happens. :-)

I also used to have a 1.8T 4x4 Elegance Mk I Octy hatch on a 51 plate, now a spiritual successor to that would be top of my list cos don't fancy the estate :think:

I also used to have a 1.8T 4x4 Elegance Mk I Octy hatch on a 51 plate, now a spiritual successor to that would be top of my list cos don't fancy the estate :think:

I'd bet the Scout version only comes in the estate format, 4x4 on the hatch though perhaps? That would be nice but personally I'm an estate man myself. Btw also had a 4x4 mk 1 like yours - cracking car! :-)

Yeah, really miss the MkI, let her go at 7 yr old for a silly trade in price with ony 42k on the clock, but the missus wanted a TSi and I got the Superb as a company car, who ever bought her I sure hope they knocked a grand off the screen price cos that would still be double what I let her go for :doh:

I'll be very disappointed if we don't get it in the UK. I'll have to resort to finding the last facelifts with it, or buy something else with that amount of power in it.

I was scanning the Skoda Germany website today and they talk of the 1.8T 180Bhp coming in soon - why cant we be the same as the rest of Europe!! If they bring it over the water to UK I might be interested as soon I wont be doing as many miles and wont need my diesel. I think the 1.4T will be to small although its pretty pokey 0-60, 8.1 secs.

Regards

Richie

The fact that the new octavia is longer and wider than my current 1.8 tsi L&K was already putting me off, now we find this engine may not come to the UK. It's supurb when slip roading onto Motorways, it just goes straight to the legal limit without effort, and overtaking well....... This coupled with the subtle understated style of my model tends to catch boy racers by suprise. Looks like I shall have to keep it longer than I expected. Not a hardship realy.

• Like 1

The fact that the new octavia is longer and wider than my current 1.8 tsi L&K was already putting me off, now we find this engine may not come to the UK. It's supurb when slip roading onto Motorways, it just goes straight to the legal limit without effort, and overtaking well....... This coupled with the subtle understated style of my model tends to catch boy racers by suprise. Looks like I shall have to keep it longer than I expected. Not a hardship realy.

It's not the same engine that is in your L&K.

To be fair, the 1.4TSI in the new Octy might be pretty close to yours on performance (haven't checked)

Still think Skoda UK should make it available though!

I read the parkers review and one or two others, and they do not seem to mention a 1.8TSI option.

Has it been removed?

If so, this is very disappointing and means I'll probably not buy an Octy 3 - I particularly fancied this engine. All of you who own current 1.8 TSI's - please look after them - I might buy one from you...

New Skoda Octavia 3 2013 1,8 TSI - acceleration 0-231 km/h

Edited by tsi
  • Like 1

I have just noticed the title of the pdf document. There must be a seperate list for the DSG cars and I would guess that they will have the driving mode option as standard on the Elegance.

I have been looking on Carzone.ie and I can get a few 2012 Demo miles Superb Elegance 170CR DSG for around €33,000. There is a CR170 DSG L&K for €39k.

It would make you think,if a well specced Octy3 was going to push towards €35k !!!!

There is a CR170 DSG L&K for €39k.

I would almost bet on it that this is an LE model.

Only 40 of those came into the country.

I was very tempted to buy one this time round ..

That was until I walked around the back of it and realized just how ugly the shape of the rear is.

Stuck with an Octy vRS :)

That's the good old (illegal) VRT system for ya!!!!!!

€7,000 is some amount to pay for a registration tax, isn't it ?? When you are all ready paying import duty and VAT. Good ol' Ireland.

• Like 1