What's cooking

seboni121

Hi what you having for dinner tonight, what do you think of my first attempt at homemade ravioli with butternut squash and onion, with sage and pine nut infused olive oil ?

Those look the part; just take note that you cook fresh filled ravioli by dropping it into boiling salted water, and when they float they're ready.

Friday is usually steak and mushrooms night!!

Just came in to have browse while our stuffed peppers cook through. Will be served on a bed of whats more or less a veggie pilaf.

I'm having a think of what to drink with it, I'll pop into the cellar and see what needs drinking now.

Just trying the wine. A white from Domaine dela Pigeade which is near Beaume de Venise in the Comtatain. They hand pick which is quite rare now and it is in a desperately beautiful location.

Anyway the wine is a 2009 called Petits Grains de Folie,13.5% and is great as an apperitiv, which is good as I am sipping it now. Very perfumed on the nose, beautiful velvety mouth feel, full and fruity with an exotic lychee taste which just keeps on coming at you. I may just finish the bottle and sod the food.

Forgot to ask, how was the ravioli? Certainly looks good!

Edited by nickguzzi
  • Like 1

Hash browns, sausages, beans and fried eggs. I am a chef by trade too, but sometimes just can't be bothered

Sounds like my sort of lazy meal! Although I have a Chicken Tikka in the oven at the moment, one of my other lazy options :giggle:

Looking good, butter than some most of my students!

going to tuck into Crab and walnut tarts with seared scallops, pickled cucumber and wasabi custard (guess what I demo'd to the students today?)

although a big arse greasy fry up (with black pudding and kidneys) sound very tempting

Hi what you having for dinner tonight, what do you think of my first attempt at homemade ravioli with butternut squash and onion, with sage and pine nut infused olive oil ?

24f5f27f2a4ca37d71c71af9f58b8590.jpg

My daughter has promised us this for tomorrow,

so tonight we shall be having home made chicken and broccoli soup.

Who's a clever boy then?