HID Aftermaket kit - Help for definitive how to

Thanks XP, I think I'm getting my lighting technologies mixed up! Bi-Zennon, thats a more difficult retro fit. I'll maybe just need to settle for a set of Bosch bulbs for the main, although actually I have no complaints about the mean beam, its pretty bright.

I do a lot of night time driving on the A9, where your competing with waggons with football stadium lighting on their roofs!

Thanks XP, I think I'm getting my lighting technologies mixed up! Bi-Zennon, thats a more difficult retro fit. I'll maybe just need to settle for a set of Bosch bulbs for the main, although actually I have no complaints about the mean beam, its pretty bright.

I do a lot of night time driving on the A9, where your competing with waggons with football stadium lighting on their roofs!

I suppose it comes down to how much effort you want to put into it, but the Bi-xenon thing isn't that hard to do as it kinda just bolts in as a direct replacement to the halogen projector. If it not for you then I would go 55w 5000k dipped beam and some of the updated main beam bulbs like you say.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262148-octavia-vrs-custom-bi-xenon-projector-conversion/

Nice write up XP, and a nice tidy job. I'll cost out the bits I think. My last motor was 4x4 with 600w of forward facing lighting, I'm missing it slightly!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to ask another dumb question

for FL Octy i need H7 non canbus kit yes?

these ones; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270591725356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

then i get the coded bit done?

what happens if i want to put the stock bulbs back in again and take out the HID kit? would i have to then use VCDs to change the coding back ? or will it work?

What age is your FL?

If new then there is a guide along this thread.

I got them fitted to my car and coded first then fitted but making absolutely sure not to turn on the lights until they are fully fitted.

There is a walkaround now for this as far as I am aware.

my previous car which was also a FL but 2010 I fitted the HID kit and then got it coded, this worked fine.

That is the exact kit you need.

My last car I had 5k bulbs.

This time I went for 4.3k.

I would got for the 5k if I were you. I find they are just that bit sharper.

• Like 1

its a 62 plate mate, so last of the Mk2's

im just wondering what would happen if i was to revert back to stock bulbs and the coding, would i need to revert the coding back aswell?

was thinking 4300k due to being OEM like

its a 62 plate mate, so last of the Mk2's

im just wondering what would happen if i was to revert back to stock bulbs and the coding, would i need to revert the coding back aswell?

was thinking 4300k due to being OEM like

i did the coding first, then the install. No errors shown. I suspect it either stops the diagnostic check or just does a continuity check.
  • Like 2

i did the coding first, then the install. No errors shown. I suspect it either stops the diagnostic check or just does a continuity check.

Spot on

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just bought a H7 4300K non-CANBUS HID kit from London Colour for my Superb.

I notice on this great thread that you recommend to do the coding first, and then fit the kit.

This is fine, but as I'm relying on a fellow freindly member to do the coding for me there may be some driving to do between getting the coding done and fitting the kit.

Just to be sure the headlights should not be turned on between the coding and fitting the kit? Knowing my luck it will pour down on the way home and I'll be one of the plonkers driving in the rain with no lights on!

It really makes no difference as I proved in my car, you could fit them get a fault - and then code the car and all would be ok. On the other hand you could code them and not fit them and that would be ok to.

• Like 1

silver, I fitted most of mine so it was just a case of adding the bulbs and plugging in the ballasts. I did run them for a little while with no errors, the only issue occurred when I used my main beam.  

OK, so as long as I don't flash someone I'll be good to go!

What did you guys do with the original bulb holders, did you simply tape them up?

Tape to insulate them 

• Like 1

No tape here, it's a sealed unit so hopefully it should be fine. Several months and no issues here and driven it in torrential rain

Used tape just to keep out the moisture over time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been reading and researching these threads for a while now. Finally decided to buy the h7 4300 kit from London colour the other day, fitted them last night and could not get them to work at all. I tried all the different coding but had no joy. Noticed an interesting question about maybe the wiring the wrong way around, I inserted the spade connectors from the hid kit in to the main beam connection in the following order: red to brown and black to black, the thread I saw from fat bloke would suggest this is wrong. Can someone pls confirm, as I pulled it all of last night after about two hours of messing around with all coding, before I have another go today?

I have a feb 2013 black line estate in silver.

Hi all,

Been reading and researching these threads for a while now. Finally decided to buy the h7 4300 kit from London colour the other day, fitted them last night and could not get them to work at all. I tried all the different coding but had no joy. Noticed an interesting question about maybe the wiring the wrong way around, I inserted the spade connectors from the hid kit in to the main beam connection in the following order: red to brown and black to black, the thread I saw from fat bloke would suggest this is wrong. Can someone pls confirm, as I pulled it all of last night after about two hours of messing around with all coding, before I have another go today?

I have a feb 2013 black line estate in silver.

You need to connect it to the dipped beam circuit, not the main beam. Use a multimeter to check which it +ve and which is -ve.