Who is going to be first to order?

Can you get to a 320d EfficientDynamics Tourer? Only announced a few weeks ago. Same price as a 320d SE but (in my experience) lower lease price driven by the desirability of its co2 figure. 320SE 125 g/km, 318SE 123 g/km, 320ed 112 g/km.

I was going to test drive a Mazda 6 but was put off by their spec strategy. With BMW / Audi and to an extend, Skoda, you can have an option if you are prepared to pay. With the 6, the SE-L model comes as it is with (IIRC) only paint as an option - yet I wanted heated leather seats. The only way to get that is to have the Sport model where they are standard, but you have to have 18" wheels and presumably a worse ride - and it would cost me an extra £70 a month. Struck from the short-list. The 320ed is still on it (but with reservations about cramped footwell with 3 pedals and my size 11s) and if I like a test drive in an Octy Mk3, the Octy Estate (or should I say Combi?) could be on it too. On my allowance I could afford the Beemer, but the Octy would get me some money back, less tax to pay - and a much bigger boot. Tricky - though I think it is what they call a first world problem...

I guess I could have had a 320d ED but the model I wanted was the "Modern" spec as I wanted the Turbine style alloy wheels that are only available on that model.

I know what you mean with the options strategy, it can be frustrating from a customers point of view that you cannot get certain option combinations but it I found there was too many options listed on the BMW website.

Edited by jbconno

Some dealers must have their demos hiding away. May go past a few at the weekend nosing in some compounds

Some dealers must have their demos hiding away. May go past a few at the weekend nosing in some compounds

Not received ours yet but did get a nice silky sheet to keep it hidden yesterday

Off on Tuesday for a little pre launch test drive - will post my thoughts.

Not received ours yet but did get a nice silky sheet to keep it hidden yesterday

Off on Tuesday for a little pre launch test drive - will post my thoughts.

Nice. Do you know if the demos are fully loaded like the Rapid or has sense been seen?

We've got a 1.6 on it's way to us, SE DSG and a 2.0 Elegance (see 'car' in my profile).

No extras worth shouting about , bar probably a spare wheel.

I believe one car was 'auto issued' by Skoda and the second by us, so you may see some cars loaded with options if the dealer wanted to.

Ordered a 1.6Tdi Elegance, manual, in Race Blue, with Beige part leather interior yesterday!

No news on what time frame is likely to be as yet!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Octy has arrived in Grimsby today :) Dealer said they will get it next week, Grimsby to Lincoln in one week I suppose it's best not to rush it lol!

Edited by stokey
  • Like 1

Brill. Would seems the Manchester sale person I spoke to didn't have a clue then. He was adament that I could only order the hatchback.

One of my local dealers says he's already sold a few estates, though he has no confirmed build dates.

I've ordered my estate, did it about 2 weeks ago. Dealer was unsure; showed him the back of the brochure where it says something along the lines of available to order. It was on 'the system', he checked with a phone call, as Dr Z says, build dates are unconfirmed, could be arriving anytime between early June and late July.

Had my test drive today, & got my estimated delivery date, end of May!!!!

My final order amendment has gone in, the fact that I hadn't specced a spare wheel was bothering me, all very well being told the rac come out, take the wheel away & bring it back again,

but what if it's outside the tyre depots opening hours? Don't fancy using the squirty foam they supply, so I just popped in & got a spare added to the order, no change to the build week, (Wk19)

& estimated delivery date!! (End of May)

So, as in my sig really, Mk3 Octy Elegance 1.6Tdi manual, in race blue, with chrome window surrounds, beige alcantra/leather interior, & space saver spare wheel.

Saw a race blue 1.4Tsi parked awaiting prep, it's another demo, looks great!! Can't wait for mine to arrive!!

Edited by DJD66
  • Like 1

I ordered a 2.0 TDI CR at the launch weekend and have been advised today that they are looking at the second week of May for delivery. That's only a month's time!!

• Like 1

Is it the same in the UK as in Sweden that you can only order certain packages from W22? (Front assistant, adaptive cruise assistant, sunset, electric hatch)

See http://www.skoda.se/SiteCollectionDocuments/Prislistor/Nya_Octavia_21.03-2013.pdf (In Swedish, but search for 22)

As mentioned before, the Elegance equipment level is obviously different between different countries... no leather for us :-(

Edited by y97olle

I caved. Ordered an Elegance yesterday with the following:

1) Black Pearl Paint

2) 2.0ltr TDI - Was going to go DSG but really liked the feel of the manual gearbox!

3) Chrome Pack for Outside

4) Chrome Interior - Instead of the Wood-effect finish. I'm only in my late 20s so that can wait until I hit 40! :giggle:

5) Columbus - Dealer told me that I'll get free updates to this Columbus if it's like the MK2 Columbus to update ie. via dvd/cd. If they have to pay Skoda for propriety software to download each time then I could get stung..!

6) Canton Soundsystem

7) Simply Clever Pack - Supposedy it's the Bin, Reversible Boot Mat and Phone/Mp3 Holder for only €50. Not bad!

8) Half Leather

9) Front Heated Seats

10) Heated Windscreen

11) Auto Dimming/Folding Mirrors

12) 3 Spoke MFSW

13) Front Parking Sensors

14) Keyless Access - Expensive option but really like smart it is!

15) Interior Footwell Lights

The dealer considered just ordering every option when he got to number 10! :giggle:

The car is going to cost me €31760 but you only live once - and this car is going to be a keeper! Estimated 12 weeks delivery.

Edited by foregonereality
  • Like 2

Magnificent spec!! No bi-xenon headlights?

+1.

Great options list. Will be an awesome motor - but you must spec Xenons if you can afford it!

Thanks Timoctav and Dunc69! I was very interested in the Xenons from the get go but the dealer was very reluctant to give me a discount on any of the options nevermind the more dear ones. The option for them here would have been about €2,000 so to fit the budget I had to choose the Xenons or the Columbus. Columbus won out in the end but it wasn't easy :whew:!

'First world problems' springs to mind here! :giggle: One of the lads working in the finance department, when the order popped up on his screen, came down to me to shake my hand and tell me I was doing the right thing going for the Canton system. Apparently he's one of the few people in Skoda Ireland who has a say in what goes on the options list and originally the guys at the top were going to rule out the upgraded stereo. The reason they cited was because VW didn't bother offering the Bose system in the Golf here and sure, who wants to pay 400 to have a subwoofer, upgraded speakers and a general package that would cost more to retrofit in a car afterwards? :think:

They had a similar battle about offering Chrome and the Aux Heater and although they won out with Canton and the Chrome Interior/Exterior they lost out on being able to offer the Aux Heater in Ireland. Shame - as I would have ordered that too! :giggle:

Edited by foregonereality

Went to the dealers to sign the finance documents... Car looks great in race blue and the ivory full leather is awesome making the interior look even bigger! Not picking the car up until a week on Monday as going on hols. Got the seven day Skoda insurance sorted, they quoted for 12 months and it came in £200 dearer than the insurance on my vRS!!!

• Like 2