Dash Cam & 12V Multi Adaptor Hidden Install (driver storage compartment)

FUBAR

Will try today mate Thanks

Just a thought, does the tap have to go in so wire is pointing up or down? Or the both same?

Closest fuse to the fuse box is the original fuse. And outer fuse is 5amps?

The ones I got the one closest to fuse box is the new fuse,

14.jpg

I cant see it making a difference as its just an in line fuse essentially for which way to put it in but my ones the fuses point towards front of car.

15.jpg

• Like 3

ok, managed to sort it! i must of been tired last night lol

in the end the 10amp fuse in slot 29 is switched, tapped into that and confirmed working

wanted to take decent pics from dslr but battery just ran out so phone pics for now

remember this is for Blackline Octavia, i wish they made the Blackvue 400 in black instead of silver

IMG_20130309_095015.jpg

IMG_20130309_100839.jpg

IMG_20130309_100853.jpg

IMG_20130309_100920.jpg

IMG_20130309_100932.jpg

IMG_20130309_100954.jpg

IMG_20130309_101003.jpg

you reckon the placement is ok there? didn't know where else to put it

thanks to Fubar for his help on this :)

• Like 1

you reckon the placement is ok there? didn't know where else to put it

thanks to Fubar for his help on this :)

Looking good, its placed in exactly the same position as mine more or less having the lens of the new BlackVue lined up with centre of rear view mirrors mount.

• Like 1

it was the best place i could put it as i factored in my big hands trying to get the tiny micro sd card out lol

just been out first drive and very impressed with it

ive left speed display off option just incase lol

do you guys leave he recording quality to highest? (1080p @ 30fps)

edit: strange, ive golf it to turn off mph display (saved) but when i put sd card back into blackvue (400 cv2) it says invalid system configuration and enables it again

also same with the sensitivity settings

its a KR blackvue using english software

it was the best place i could put it as i factored in my big hands trying to get the tiny micro sd card out lol

just been out first drive and very impressed with it

ive left speed display off option just incase lol

worked out the fuse i used was for the boot light - shocking as its the only normal size fuse that is switched.

do you guys leave he recording quality to highest? (1080p @ 30fps)

I use mine at 1080p/30fps. Don't worry about speed thing, it is not calibrated nor is it a speed measuring device approved by the home office. Real indication of speed is being able to time footage between 2 fixed points of established road furniture (lamp posts etc), from that there is no hiding. :bandit:

Share some footage in the drive recorder thread if you've uploaded any, be good to see. http://www.briskoda....footage-thread/

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm about to do this on my Fabia MK1. Would I be able to use the same method that you have used but piggyback the 15A cigarette light fuse? And use a 5A fuse as you have done in the above guide? The only difference is, I am wiring the power line from the camera, rather than from a 12V adaptor.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm about to do this on my Fabia MK1. Would I be able to use the same method that you have used but piggyback the 15A cigarette light fuse? And use a 5A fuse as you have done in the above guide? The only difference is, I am wiring the power line from the camera, rather than from a 12V adaptor.

Yea should work no sweat off any fuse all you have to do is pick one that is switched live or permanent live depending if you want it to stop when you turn ignition off and remove key.

Perhaps you can join this guy on youtube and share some 'Bad Drivers of NI' footage. http://www.youtube.com/user/BadDriversOfNI

No problem thanks, I had a problem with a previous camera that I tried to use this way and it blew when I switched it on for the first time so I'm not sure what I did.

Might have been a fuse in the 12V plug for the camera itself or some wizardry dropping it lower than 12V (some run at 5V) and by putting it into car (with plug removed) blew it up? Random question, is your Furby remapped?

Yea I was thinking that myself, might just not hardwire it to be safe.

Yep, why do you ask?

Could always hide a single one in there somewhere to eliminate that risk. Like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5897c23260 (will be cheaper ones on there if you hunt around).

Only asking about remap in case you hadn't, the two main schools on such seem to be OBD AutoTune (Auto-Tune) and Torque Tronix, was just going to recommend them. I used to have a Mk1 Furby and doesn't half change the car!

Yea that's a good idea actually, I'll do that.

The previous owner had it remapped but not sure what company did it. I've been to TT and spoken to Dave about a hybrid turbo setup before - he knows his stuff.

Sounds like a plan, them boys in Kells seem to know their stuff all right! Ryan and Steve in Pennybridge turn out some good VAG stuff too if your ever passing give them a shout a hybrid turbo is right up their street too. See where you can get the best deal, I rate them both fairly equally, both will work with you for what you want and do a very custom job.

Yea, both companies have a huge range of customers. I'm gonna be changing to either an Octavia VRS TFSI or a Passat 2.0T soon so I'll probably be at Autotune soon enough for a stage 1!

Might as well go with the VRS a lot less of a farmers car! :D Then you can join us in the MKII Octy register http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/107133-mkii-vrs-register-ireland/

Passat is a nice big motor but, heavier, slower and a lot more common!

Just reviewing footage from the first few days of use, a MASSIVE thanks to Bossfox for organising the group buy!

First impressions are that I should've spent the extra on the 400 model, unless it's something I'm doing: Watching footage back, travelling on a 40mph road, I can't pause and read any oncoming vehicle's reg plate. It's recording at its highest setting using high compression. Ah well, that's my only gripe though! Oh, small potholes and hard cornering set off the event recorder too...

not sure if you answered this or not but i found on mine that i wasnt able to view reg details as well. changing the compression to normal fixed it. (but with bigger file sizes)

• Like 2

Thanks Fubar, great write up. I've just finished my installation. Really easy, apart from the fact that none of my fuses matched the card in the car, or your car despite mine being a my13 too!

• Like 1

Thanks Fubar, great write up. I've just finished my installation. Really easy, apart from the fact that none of my fuses matched the card in the car, or your car despite mine being a my13 too!

lol dam these stupid fuses! Must call SUK some day to see if they can send me a revised one for my car since they have provided me with nothing in reality to decipher the fuse box so far lol.

if you look inside where the fuses slot into they are all numbered

compare this to the puzzle on the fuse card and you will have the answer :)

Not on my 11 plate lol.

This is from the manual for example which matches the numbers on card in fuse box:

Fuses%25201.png

But when I use correct numbers in fuse box itself they do not relate to the card back to front or not by numbers or the manual by listed numbers in list beside that pic. But there seem to be vast variations between cars made even in the same year. :(

It isn't so bad for me as my card works if you use it like I did in OP reverse order going off symbols only, but even at that there are fuses that are blank on the card either way round that I have fuses in!

Not on my 12 plate either lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great guide Fubar. I already had my cam roughly hard wired in but decided to tidy it up and add the multi socket adapter at the same time as you did. Decided to get one with a USB port for easy charging of my iPhone.

Thinking of upgrading the camera now as mine is a cheapo Smartcam. Does the job but looking for a bit better picture quality. Must see if I can find a Blackvue DR380 within my budget.

cam1_zps3407ce3c.jpg

cam2_zpsef524a82.jpeg

Edited by RichieH
  • Like 2