Does your car ever attract unwanted attention?

Didn't get any adverse comments when I was driving The Fun. Quite the opposite in fact. Be interesting to see what happens when she gets back on the road......the front and back round badges have fallen off. (Thinking about getting the new ones on there now)

Solution #2. BUMPER STICKERS

You keep tailgating. I'll keep slowing down.

Back off please!, You're annoying my car.

Sorry For Driving So Close In Front Of You

The closer you get, the slower I go. Do the math.

I brake for tailgaters.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY DRIVING, TAILGATE SOMEONE ELSE

Don't tailgate me. Your honor student is in my trunk.

Come closer so I can take a picture.

Any closer and you will have to introduce yourself.

Insurance? I don't need no stinkin' insurance.

I've been to prison.. I ain't afraid to go back.

Go ahead, keep tailgating me... It'll give me that much more time to RELOAD!

Why yes, I AM riding my brakes just to annoy you.

Tailgating? R U TXTNG 2?

I may be slow, but I'm 'n front of YOU!

If you want to be up my ass, at least buy me a drink first....

...with a rainbow sticker right next to it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My nephews stuck a rainbow fish on my brother in laws boot lid and told him it identified fly fishermen, it being a rainbow trout. Oh how we laughed when he found out why he had a nice man engage him in a religous conversation and an offer of coffee.....

Edited by P6bJOHN

Didn't get any adverse comments when I was driving The Fun. Quite the opposite in fact. Be interesting to see what happens when she gets back on the road......the front and back round badges have fallen off. (Thinking about getting the new ones on there now)

So it's now naturally de-badged ;)

There used to be a few running around down here but haven't seen them for ages! So we need another back on the road from up North (well Kent anyway!) :yes:

• 1 month later...

Im 20 and im on my 2nd felly...Love them! And i do not care what people think about my car, in my opinion, its better than a corsa/clio/any other boy racer car, its more reliable than theirs, and at the end of the day, its got an engine and 4 wheels. Gets you from a to b.

I also have a rear sticker that reads: ''Your so close, you might aswell get in!''

Im 20 and im on my 2nd felly...Love them! And i do not care what people think about my car, in my opinion, its better than a corsa/clio/any other boy racer car, its more reliable than theirs, and at the end of the day, its got an engine and 4 wheels. Gets you from a to b.

I also have a rear sticker that reads: ''Your so close, you might aswell get in!''

Nice to have a young Felly owner/admirer on board! :thumbup: & as you say makes a refreshing change from the normal line up of cars associated with the younger age band ;)

I'm into anything that sticks two fingers up to people who buy a car for a badge, before the felicia I had a rover metro. The amount of ribbing I've had for buying a skoda off my mates is amazing though.

• Like 1

I'm into anything that sticks two fingers up to people who buy a car for a badge, before the felicia I had a rover metro. The amount of ribbing I've had for buying a skoda off my mates is amazing though.

Prolonged ownership develops a thick skin! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'd like your comment Dave, but I've reached the limit for today. :p Can't agree with you more though, I drive my Felly for me, no one else.

I'm 18 (could be the youngest on this forum, haha), and I love my Felicia it's different to most people my age driving Corsa's, Fiestas and even VW Polos.

Also 18 and also driving a felicia. However mine is hardly in good condition.

It has rust on the rear wheel arches and the bottom edge of the tailgate. No radio as I was having issues with the stock one turning itself on and havent bothered replacing it, I just took it out, drained my battery flat overnight too often. The dashboard backlights are dodgy, my guess (although I havent looked it up yet) is that there are 3 bulbs for illuminating the speedo and RPM indicators and that on my car the middle bulb is dead, that is a guess though. Either way I can clearly see from 0-90 on the speedo and can see from 2000 rpm onwards so its not a problem. It has numerous scuffs across the paintwork. It is used for the humiliating role of domino's pizza delivery and just this last friday I scuffed the right hand corner of the front bumper pretty badly, its only a small area but its properly gouged out the plastic, not the end of the world but its the first time I have had any sort of collision in any vehicle.

However tonight the worst thing happened. I was at work delivering pizza again. Parked up in a convenient lay-by near the house I needed to go to. Cut the engine, got out of the car, made the delivery. No problems there, customer paid and tipped :D Got back to the car. Turn the key, the heater spun up immediately but nothing else happened. Checked the lights, they worked. Indicators worked. Heater was blowing out warm air. Turn the car off and try turning the key again. Again heater comes on. But rather suspiciously, no starter motor noise at all. I actually got my radio out of my boot and stuck that in, it powered on fine. Decided there were no electrical faults. Tried to inspect the engine but it was dark and I had no idea what I was looking for really. Phoned the shop and they sent another driver out to me, we tried jump starting anyway just incase it was the battery but as I expected nothing changed. Other driver managed to push my car and we bump started it thankfully, but now I have a car that cant start under its own power. I have a haynes manual so I am going to check everything over tomorrow morning when its light again, otherwise its probably going to be an expensive trip to the garage, making the night worse is that I was sent home from work because of it so thats less money for me to fix the car with. Logical thing to do though, cheaper for the company to send me home early than having to keep sending more drivers out to me to bump start me outside peoples houses and I was low on fuel so couldnt keep the car running outside homes and forecourts dont take kindly to people refueling cars with the engine running :p

As for unwanted attention. I made a delivery once, had to walk down a pedestrian only zone to reach it. Came back to the car to find a man actually standing by it with the drivers door open. I walked over to him pointing my phone camera at him and asked him "are you looking for these" holding the keys up, he then looked at me, looked at the phone and legged it. He didnt know that the phone had a dead battery :p

Edited by 6677
  • Like 1

Hi, first thing I'd check is the wire to the starter solenoid. This sounds like what happened to my old 1.3. I went to start it one day, turned the key and nothing. Checked everything else and it all worked, lights, horn, blower, everything. Found the wire on to the starter motor solenoid had broken right where it joins the motor. I think it probably gets brittle with age and where the engine rocks from side to side just snaps.

Hi, first thing I'd check is the wire to the starter solenoid. This sounds like what happened to my old 1.3. I went to start it one day, turned the key and nothing. Checked everything else and it all worked, lights, horn, blower, everything. Found the wire on to the starter motor solenoid had broken right where it joins the motor. I think it probably gets brittle with age and where the engine rocks from side to side just snaps.

+1, Mine did much the same & turned out to be a very poor connection onto the solenoid. In my case it came back to haunt me in the form of an intermittent heater fan & headlights tripping in & out :o

Could of gave the starter a whack with a bit of wood n'all. ;)

As for being a bit battered, I crashed mine into a ditch the other day. The front of the car actually cleared the ditch. Had to get a tug off a local out of the ditch - funny thing was I knocked on the fellas door and he offered me a tow before I could even ask, as if it happens every day! A couple of days ago I drove to Northampton to pick up a few new parts, as the fog light and indicator lense are somewhere in Dorridge. 130 there and back on quarter of a tank at about 65 to 90 mph for overtaking truckers (in the middle lane, ****ing everyone else off :wonder:), the Felly didn't miss a single beat. Looks almost as good as new now, just a minor scratch on the new bumper. Also broke the old bumper a little getting it off, it was either tear two small holes in the bumper or angle grind the bolts, which I intended on keeping.

Anyone want said old bumper, little damaged, cracked towards the bottom, lagoon blue - free.

post-91853-0-02503500-1365070412_thumb.jpg

Edited by TehRin

I've heard every Skoda joke ever thought of since buying my Felicia in January 2011.

It's my first Skoda, I've always had Ford, Vauxhall or Nissan before....I'm never going back!

On tuesday, "Shrek" passed it's MOT again, the only fails were a rear flexipipe and a small hole which needed welding (left it with the garage and picked it up 5hrs later with a shiny new peice of paper on the dashboard...Not to shabby for a 17yr old car)

It's called shrek because of the colour....Atlantic green. And I laugh at other drivers who overtake because they don't want my old felly in front of them...Most of them are paying more per month for their cars than i paid in cash for mine...£230, yes, I've had to spend a few quid on bits and bobs (rear bearings, middle and back box, battery and a rear brake pipe (plus this MOT's repairs) But it's never let me down. Ever.

Really think i need to get a Briskoda sticker for the window... Anyone else from Flintshire, North Wales?

• Like 1

I made a delivery once, had to walk down a pedestrian only zone to reach it. Came back to the car to find a man actually standing by it with the drivers door open. I walked over to him pointing my phone camera at him and asked him "are you looking for these" holding the keys up, he then looked at me, looked at the phone and legged it. He didnt know that the phone had a dead battery :p

So how did he open the door?

Admittedly I don't lock it. And even if I did, the rear passenger side door lock jams open (or annoyingly closed) occasionally and there is no central locking. The key slot on the drivers side door doesn't lock the car either, can only lock from the passenger side (which does do the drivers door, just not any rear doors).

Its just such a messed up situation with my locks that I don't always bother unless I am in a really rough area. Besides, if someone really wanted to nick that car, locks probably won't stop them.

Unfortunately the starter problems I am having haven't been fixed. If they aren't fixed on Monday (or scheduled to be fixed), well I already have a deposit down on an 04 plate corsa with working central locking and unlike my car has remote locking. Doesn't have as much character as my Felicia though :( if the car is running again then the deposit is refundable (and the showroom my newer car is coming from is aware of the situation regarding that). I absolutely need a car in order to be able to work. I have missed 4 shifts and cut 1 short this week. If I am not back soon I fear I will lose my job.

I think you just get the people who want to overtake when you obey the speed limit, whatever car you drive. People are just naturally competitive, and want to be ahead of everyone else. I don't think the vehicle/brand has as much in it as people interpret.

Can't say I've ever driven a Merc, Beamer, Audi etc to see what it's like behind the other wheel though. I know that if I drove one of those like I do the cars I have had (gas to the carpet), I'd be a right nutter on the road :D

To last poster the starter issue could be the ignition barrel itself. One way to test is to "hotwire" the car, with the key in the barrel and turned to the run position. There's probably a more obvious and direct way to test in the engine bay though.

To last poster the starter issue could be the ignition barrel itself. One way to test is to "hotwire" the car, with the key in the barrel and turned to the run position. There's probably a more obvious and direct way to test in the engine bay though.

Your not the only one to say that now. The garage I took the car to refused to inspect it though and I already have the car back. Getting a new car on monday instead. I have no idea how to hotwire the car but I personally agree with the ignition barrel diagnosis as I have had other issues with it jamming up sometimes so its reasonable to assume the sensor became damaged when trying to "unjam" the barrel. No idea how much that would cost to replace but its not worth it now.

I have overtaken a porsche in my felicia before :p Damn he was going slow, my guess is that he didnt know the road (was slowing down massively for each bend) whereas I live along it so go on it daily.