The power of a Skoda Fabia

The pod can still give good clues, if you look deeper than just the times. Comparing and contrasting 60 foots, 1/8 mile & 1/4 mile (time + ET) really tells you how the car is doing at each stage, Mine is shocking off the line but gets in the swing after the 1/8 mile....

Of the cars performance yes, but not the driver ;) LOL.

I have said, and will say that back in the day I ran my times, Devons car was loads quicker after 330ft as per our times.

I agree with the above, the 60ft times, 330ft times, trap speeds at 1/8th and the 1/4 seal the deal for me.

I run 99mph across the line.

If I sell the bike, the Ibiza will be on the road with the new set up this year! The game has moved on from basic 2260 set ups (that I used to tash!) so need to up my game too ;)

So back on topic abit more, 40hp down = 317bhp. Still impressive no?

It is very difficult to post this without being totally shot down but some of you guys were correct with regards to the figures we posted. In my defense we paid our money, along with many other enthusiasts, to get a honest dyno run, but since then we have found that the figures we were given were incorrect. We have since returned and done a rerun and found we were about 40 Bhp down.

As a newbie you should have been a bit more careful about posting the original "claimed" dyno run power...................

Alarm bells should have started ringing when you got the graph as that original figure is on the high side and there are lots of tuners with well developed kits so known BHPs for that engine in various stages of tune are well known!

I would also say that the person who operated the dyno on that day for you did not do their job properly and does not know the correct correction factors to input etc...................

I say egg on face to you and the people who religisley belived the original "claimed" figure.........

At least you have the guts to come back and admit that you are about 40bhp down your claimed figure!... :thumbup:

As a newbie you should have been a bit more careful about posting the original "claimed" dyno run power...................

Alarm bells should have started ringing when you got the graph as that original figure is on the high side and there are lots of tuners with well developed kits so known BHPs for that engine in various stages of tune are well known!

I would also say that the person who operated the dyno on that day for you did not do their job properly and does not know the correct correction factors to input etc...................

I say egg on face to you and the people who religisley belived the original "claimed" figure.........

At least you have the guts to come back and admit that you are about 40bhp down your claimed figure!... :thumbup:

You are right as a newbie and not having the experience in reading the graphs I was taken for a ride but as a honest person myself I did not realize that a so called

reputable company would pull the wool over our eyes for no real gain. At least I now know that the forum is full of experianced and helpful guys who are willing

to help the newbies. I now plan to use another company for our dyno runs.

• Like 1

uniteddiesel, the same controversy along with people vehemently denying and questioning the power happened with the vehicle I now own on here.

Some were logical, reasoned arguments regarding fuelling etc whilst others were simple and again needlessly aggressive. As soon as I bought the car it went to Shark Performance for a run on their Bapro dyno so I had a current and accurate indication of the power of the vehicle.

I don't know where you're located, but in my experience Shark's dyno in Mansfield and Noble Motorsport's in Chesterfield give accurate readings and are operated by very knowledgeable folk. I'd recommend either to anyone after accurate readings.

I find dyno dynamics roads very good for accurate calculation of losses from wheel horse power to crank, but like many things its down to the operators really. Perhaps dyno dynamics roads are just easier to setup right? JKMs road is one of the most accurate I've been on, and a similar road in Plymouth too.

uniteddiesel, the same controversy along with people vehemently denying and questioning the power happened with the vehicle I now own on here.

Some were logical, reasoned arguments regarding fuelling etc whilst others were simple and again needlessly aggressive. As soon as I bought the car it went to Shark Performance for a run on their Bapro dyno so I had a current and accurate indication of the power of the vehicle.

I don't know where you're located, but in my experience Shark's dyno in Mansfield and Noble Motorsport's in Chesterfield give accurate readings and are operated by very knowledgeable folk. I'd recommend either to anyone after accurate readings.

Thanks for this, I have seen a Shark performance sticker under the bonnet of the vehicle we now own. We have just bought our Fabia from someone off the forum so we need to see what has

been done and what more we can do. I am not sure what we are trying to achieve with all these dyno runs and mods, is it to finally have the most powerful Fabia or just have a vehicle that

is reliable and fun to drive? It is amazing to see what a basic engine can do and it is a credit to a VAG engine that can handle such an increase in power. How many other engine manufacturers

can boast a similar increase? I suppose that the challenge is on for the most reliable and powerful engine, it is our R&D for our other high performance projects that we are involved in.

Before and after preferably with the same parameters on the same day If you ain't done a base run you'll never know.

We were unable to do a before and after on the day but we did do a comparison with other vehicles and being the second highest run on the day was good but the problem is I have now learned that the guy doing the run can alter and results by the way he conducts the run. We need to start with someone we can trust

I find the BHP figures a bit "strange".Those that saw the Top gear ,man on rocket vs car ,would have noted that the fabia 2000 was upped to approx 295 BHP, ON A mk2 BODY ,and presumably a MK2 engine .

You are right, I feel the same, we are all on the same forum with the same vehicles and should be working together but instead there are the few that are aggressive and are trying discredit others. I am in Shrewsbury so it might be beneficial for a trip to one of the guys you have recommended. I will try someone else who is local and who has spent a lot of money on a dyno but is not in the know of these

sort of events. Let me try him and I will post the results for you guys to examine and reflect on.

• Like 1

I find the BHP figures a bit "strange".Those that saw the Top gear ,man on rocket vs car ,would have noted that the fabia 2000 was upped to approx 295 BHP, ON A mk2 BODY ,and presumably a MK2 engine .

this is a mk1 BODY and a mk1 engine, what is the point you are trying to make?

It is amazing to see what a basic engine can do and it is a credit to a VAG engine that can handle such an increase in power. How many other engine manufacturers

can boast a similar increase?

Toyota is one, several Supra's running around 800bhp on standard internal's and STD 'boxes out there taking over 1200bhp, but I do agree it is indeed over engineered and a credit to VAG for there work.

T. Spark, on the Jabbasport graph I got with the car it ran 271.8bhp & 591NM.

At Shark it ran 258.0bhp & 531NM.

After all the accusations of the car being nowhere near the Jabbasport outputs I'm happy with the Shark dyno figures, and theirs are the ones I quote if anyone asks. On that day, in those conditions, that is what the car ran.

Edited by Clarkey666
  • Like 2