stigma returns

ken b

Am I the only person who takes great pleasure in telling people that i own a skoda and not just one but had 3!. If someone asks me what i drive i don't even try to be illusive and say "VRS" i just say "a skoda". For me thats enough to show someone clever enough to understand that i apreciate good engineering whilst not stupid enough to pay over the odds for a car. Im old enough to remember the stigma and used to partake in the jokes about rear window screen heaters were to keep your hands warm whilst pushing. Just shows how far the cars have come since they became part of VAG and that anyone who does still think they have a stigma then im glad they don't own a skoda as they would just devalue the brand. If your driving a skoda and wish the badge was different then your missing the point don't change the badge take a long look in the mirror and deal with your image / self confidence issues first.

I Agree totally.............. B)

VERY WELL PUT......SIR!!!!!...........................

What really annoys me is some owning a Seat poking fun at the Skoda :o retard lol

I also find this amazing that the lazy spanish should get a better reputation to the industrious czech's but there you go.

P.S. no disrespect to any spanish members i mean this light heartedly but your siesta's do take the **** a bit.

I also find this amazing that the lazy spanish should get a better reputation to the industrious czech's but there you go.

P.S. no disrespect to any spanish members i mean this light heartedly but your siesta's do take the **** a bit.

Hey if I was working 9am to late evening I'd want a 3 hour lunch break too ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

hi vast improvment made today bought the new style badges for the alloys,bonnet & rear hatch and fitted them all today also found in a vehicle upholstery shop some material very close match to the red seats pattern fitted to my monte cut out and stuck onto the steering wheel logo looks well and more importantly satisfies me i can now settle down and enjoy my monte (not that i didnt in the first place ) even more i thank you all for your comments good and bad and i seem to have upset several people that was not my intention but my feelings anyway i supose somepeople will still be bitter but who gives a to++

I don't think people were upset. Just baffled as to how someone can get to 62 and still need social approval.

But if you're happy and can enjoy your car now that is all that matters. Post a pic of the steering wheel, i'm curious.

So what do you now call it when people ask what you drive?

• Like 1

Wow, Kudos to the OP on having the guts to post their feelings on this site.

I find that the only people who don't get Skoda's are:-

1/ Older people who know nothing about cars.

2/ People who want others to know that they've really paid a lot for their choice of car.

In my wife's Fabia I've had young people say 'Sick' & 'cool', whilst my own Octavia has been praised by middle aged men for looking like an Audi/BMW/Alfa..and admired for its quality.

Our neighbour was so impressed that he recently wanted to buy a Blackline...but his wife wouldn't let him, so he's ended up with a Mazda 3.

I asked her which make she thought was better, Ford or VW...she said VW...so I asked her why she made her husband drive a car made from Ford bits..silence...followed by "Skoda's are just SO un-stylish!"...then again, she does take a flowery shopping trolly to the shops so obviously knows a lot more about style than I do!!! :-)

You've made the smart, well informed choice...stay brave & don't wilt before the fools!

I was filling up with petrol the other night. The car was just back from the garage and looking clean following a courtesy wash. The green and black paint was looking good under the forecourt lights. An old bloke actually came over and said, "smashing looking car mate, love the colour". I've driven many different cars but it's the first time I've had a compliment. I'm proud to drive a Skoda!

Funny this actually I had a number of positive remarks about my old Fabia vRS estate; from the right angles it looked good and I think white paint and chrome wheels made it all the more interesting.

I had some young lads at the local petrol station giving it lots of respect; even had an old dear who must have been at least 80 come up and quiz the life out of me about it at my local Waitrose; her summing up that it was a very good looking little car and its basically a VW...fair shout to her.

Get lots of approving looks from people in the Blackline too.

Who'd have thought it....a Skoda being a desirable car with both young and old!

At first I thought you wanted to change your badges due to personal preference, not badge prejudice.

Surely if you love your car for good reasons you can be proud to admit it's a Skoda as it proves they're actually good cars. ;) I'd take my Felicia over most cars of the same age (Corsa's, Puntos (especially puntos), Clios etc...) as I've never seen anyone my age drive one, hell - I'd have a Favorit if I could! Why follow a crowd and base your preferences on their narrow minds?

Don't take this as a bitter comment, I'd also not read the second page of the thread until now. :blush:

Edited by TehRin

At first I thought you wanted to change your badges due to personal preference, not badge prejudice.

Surely if you love your car for good reasons you can be proud to admit it's a Skoda as it proves they're actually good cars. ;) I'd take my Felicia over most cars of the same age (Corsa's, Puntos (especially puntos), Clios etc...) as I've never seen anyone my age drive one, hell - I'd have a Favorit if I could! Why follow a crowd and base your preferences on their narrow minds?

Don't take this as a bitter comment, I'd also not read the second page of the thread until now. :blush:

What's wrong with puntos?...

Interesting comment on mine when it died in Belgium...

"Skoda Fabia"..no response

"RS" (as its known in Europe)..."Tres Bon", knowing nodding and thumbs up...

Edited by philhoward

I was a little bit p***ed off when I wrote that. :blush: I know too many Punto drivers - I just don't like them, I find them so bland.

There made by Fiat and the people I know who had Fiat's have had no end of troubles with them. Personally never owned one always avoided them due to reliability issues.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, also found in a vehicle upholstery shop some material very close match to the red seats pattern fitted to my monte cut out and stuck onto the steering wheel logo ,,,

Now this has got to be WU. :giggle:

Buy a bmw and drive in the fast lane then" :bandit:

-----

I traded up from my last car, Toyota.

Yes I get the ribbing too from my mates, but when you show them the gear inside and the engine they go very quiet.

And, it was over £2k cheaper than the equilant Toyota. Mind you the Insurance shot up a lot......an extra £15 for a brand new car with 20 more BHP.

Edited by Carlo diesel