My car wrapping disaster

BossFox

Still no sign of that statement yet Richard?

Can't really say anything others haven't, but I'd be fuming and I'm sure you'll get the resolution you are after as I don't think he has a leg to stand on!

I'm wrapping my own car in the summer on the drive and I'm not even thinking about doing that! what cowboys! Its not hard to take the parts off and do a job properly.

I hope you get your money back and if not, take them to court for causing damage to your highly priced car.

Yikes that's not what you like to see. But to be honest I've seen this being done, no matter how careful you are wuth a blade its gonna mark.

Glad he has finally made a statement, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

I've had a read through the thread and genuinely in disbelief the worst of it being people referring to the damage to the car as a mistake - it clearly isn't, one knife mark would be a mistake, knife marks all over the car (and other cars it seems) is just the way they seem to do things which would be shocking for an everyday car but even worse on a sports car like the GT-R.

John

Edited by JohnMcL7

There was another car in December that came to light, but it was all covered up with a pretty poor excuse for a story about a tyre person damaging a wrap, which was then completely redone and they must have damaged the car.

So it's been known for a while.

I can't help feeling he's managed to convince a lot of people on there it's just been found out.

The statement even says to carry on using the car and worry about it when the wrap comes off.

I'm sure it's a really good idea to cut through pain into metal and then leave it a year or two before worrying about it...

Unbelievable.

Clearly they have damaged panels with the cutting of the vinyl but asking them £2000 for repairing the car which it not cost no where near that I don't think is going to happen good luck though...

It costs £59 to set up a limited company and about £100 to bankrupt it in solicitor fees so saying that they can be up and running tomorrow and you can do anything as the company doesn't exist anymore so as I said earlier good luck..

Read all 20 pages (might be the odd one more now)

Amazing, amazing that no matter what level of car ownership you own, from a Skoda / Seat to a performance car like the GT-R cowboys still are around and that with a couple of quid in the admin pocket that they will allow these cowboys on the forum.

I dont remember the username but the moose or whatever his name is who is the mod on there. From the get go was obv on the side of the cowboy.

As you state above. The fact his "statement" took days whilst the admin kept posting "he is going to post" is bad enough, but to then post saying "Dont take off the wraps, if/when you do I will sort any issues" is shocking.

The other question I would like to ask, as he states he is known on many forums and does alot of work for lots of other "types" of car.

How many more on how many forums are in the same state?

No one seems to be asking that question? He has rang the "GT-R" boys... what about everyone else?

It costs £59 to set up a limited company and about £100 to bankrupt it in solicitor fees so saying that they can be up and running tomorrow and you can do anything as the company doesn't exist anymore so as I said earlier good luck..

You seem to be forgetting the time it takes to build up a good name and actually earn some money out of a business.

If it was exactly like you say we'd all be opening a few businesses each year, making money before going pop, wrighting off debts and starting from scratch.

In an industry where you trade on your reputation it's no where near that easy.

While you may know the technical side, it sounds like you know nothing about how important the other side is.

• Like 1

You seem to be forgetting the time it takes to build up a good name and actually earn some money out of a business.

If it was exactly like you say we'd all be opening a few businesses each year, making money before going pop, wrighting off debts and starting from scratch.

In an industry where you trade on your reputation it's no where near that easy.

While you may know the technical side, it sounds like you know nothing about how important the other side is.

Know quite alot actually and as you state it takes time to earn a rep I agree but why would that affect you as you not moving premises so trade won't actually be affected if its the same people behind the counter

He is very well known in the wrapping and detailing community. He's not selling memory cars on ebay.

If he goes pop, shafts all his customers with damaged cars and starts afresh you think he'll have much work?

I can understand what you saying but he won't actually be shafting all his customers?

And to be honest in the real world nobody cares if so and so's car got damaged while wrapping nobody cares as long it's not there car A unhappy customer won't affect his business at all when someone wants something they get it done they don't go reading up on the company before spending there money

Just out of interest whats the company details wher he had it fone from?

Your having a laugh arnt you? Of course it's about the reputation and almost everyone will research the company first, especially when it so easy with the internet these days. I and most people I know wont even consider sending their cars anywhere until they have spoken to a few previous customers for any kind of work let alone something that requires a decent amount of skill and care like wrapping.

I'm not sure how ruining someone's paintwork then closing down the company and leaving them high and dry could be classed as "not shafting his customers"?!

• Like 1

And to be honest in the real world nobody cares if so and so's car got damaged while wrapping nobody cares as long it's not there car

Have to say that on this one point we are poles apart. I don't know Richard at all, never met the chap, but I know what I'd feel like if something like this had happened to my car, so you're wrong in thinking that 'nobody cares', coz I do. And were I to think about getting a car wrapped, then threads like this would be of considerable interest as to who I'd be getting quotes from.

Gaz

• Like 1

Your having a laugh arnt you? Of course it's about the reputation and almost everyone will research the company first, especially when it so easy with the internet these days. I and most people I know wont even consider sending their cars anywhere until they have spoken to a few previous customers for any kind of work let alone something that requires a decent amount of skill and care like wrapping.

I'm not sure how ruining someone's paintwork then closing down the company and leaving them high and dry could be classed as "not shafting his customers"?!

Depending on what type of joke your telling I'll tell you if am having a laugh or not?

As for research on the company if that's the case I assume the fella who spent 2k done his research before sending his car into the garage?