My car wrapping disaster

BossFox

I haven't read the full thread on www.gtr.co.uk but the crux of the matter is you have a £70k+ car which was wrapped by a "reputable" company for which you no doubt paid a considerable amount. It now comes to light that it "perhaps" wasn't completed to the best possible standards.

Not the best and you must be totally gutted, also given the fact that you've had to have it corrected elsewhere.

I say Valet Magic is a "reputable" company and in detailing circles he is, having seen his (detailing) work and the word/testamonials his customers. However I suspect that wrapping is something he got into for a particular customer and it has snowballed from there.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Whoever did this should be shot on sight. One of my former classmates does this for a living. Properly, I mean. I'm pretty sure those pics made him sick to his stomach lol.

Edited by DaKKs_152

This isn't a warranty issue it's a liability insurance issue.

VM should be refunding people who have had these wraps and repairing the cars as required. He should have liability insurance to do this and if he hasn't he doesn't deserve to be in business.

BOSSFOX.

Can you post your new wrap on here please. Can't see the photo's on the GTR forum and Paul's not put them on pwpro yet.

Cheers

Lee

I have to say this is one of the reasons I would never buy a car thats wrapped , of course thats not an issue for you as your car is such a lovely colour blue anyhow but wrapping is a great way to hide poor bodywork and your experience goes to show what sloppy methods some wrappers employ

Cant help feeling (perhaps unjustified) that VM would have just re-wrapped it and you would be none the wiser to the paintwork damage I guess we shall never know

PW Pro is the only guy i would recommend after seeing so much of his work on the MLR and GTROC, you can see his attention to detail on his posts.

These cars are expensive enough to own anyhow , you dont need people causing unnecessary damage and doing such a poor job, you shouldnt have to pay twice

• Like 1

Richard, 'scuse my ignorance, but why did you want it wrapped in the first place? (I always assumed it was the kind of thing you used to plaster ads over Transits etc....)

That said, those pics looked terrible, so hope it's sorted

EDIT - just seen you're other thread - got it!