Si's mk2 vrs is no more. *SOLD*

SNH

I can't wait to see it with flared arches. Something I have never seen before on an octy.

I say flared but it's more pulled, when rolling them they just give it a bit extra to pull them out a touch.

No crazy bolt on arches I'm afraid lol

42draft designs catch can installed

CB76E045-FDA6-4300-BE07-8E4B3F5BC38A.jpg

With it being for a mk5 gti the mounting place is different to the vrs, it should bolt on where the screen wash filler neck is but the charcoal canisters in the way on the octy. It's currently wedged by the filter until a suitable mount can be found.

Love the arch gap lol but seriously,wheels look good and once you get some coils it will look so much better :)

Looks a lot lower from the front and rear views too :)

Cheers dude:)

Arch gap is embarrassing but house move has put the reduction on hold lol, gives me more time to check out the Coilovers options out and see which go lowest ;)

Like your thinking on which coils go the lowest :)

I like thinking out the box and not doing the norm..... Bit like you with yours ;)

I was told I'd struggle with et25 but did it and they've worked, I thought they had a bit more dish tbh but there growing on me. The lips will be re polished and the centres (spokes) are being done skoda rallye green :)

I need to go low! :)

Same goes for the wellycooler, not seen it done on a mk2 before so now I've got the cooler I'll get some pipes made up. May also get a few more sets so it's a cheaper option over the ones that are available.

I like a challenge ;)

I like that your doing your own thing :)

and at the end of the day your doing it for you,not to please others and i'm sure if you lower it more than the norm you will be told that you've ruined the handling etc but if your happy then go for it :)

• Like 1

I think I have to agree with that.

It's quite obvious Si has got a plan for what he wants to do with the car and has thought about it properly rather than just buying the first set of wheels he finds and rushing out to get a set of springs or coils to drop it.

• Like 1

The original plan was to fit fifteen52 tarmacs but couldn't find any in the uk,

Then I decided on 9.5x18 rota grid drifts, that went out the window because her indoors decided she wants to move house.

It was a toss up between these and some 19" merc carlsson rims but by the time I'd re-furbed them and put tyres on it worked out expensive.

I took a gamble on these as people said they'd poke to far etc, they did look a lot deeper dished on the original pics aswell. When they arrived I wasn't to sure on them tbh but they are growing on me.

They do need a re-furb imo but they'll do until we've moved house.

I liked at coolers from airtec, Wagner etc but I wanted a fmic that was on show and not sandwiched between the other rads, although they've got good results I wasn't prepared to pay 5-700 on something you can't see :)

The wellycooler has given awesome results and cost £70.....bargain!

I've got a mate who does alloy fab so once I've got it mounted I'll get him to make the pipes up.

Cv joint should be sorted this week, left the keys with the mechanic at work so hopefully he can sort it between jobs.

Rev G dv should also be here when I get back. Fingers crossed it'll sort the boost issue the knackered old ones causing.