2013 Fiesta ST

I think it's unfair to compare the next generation of supermini hot hatches to the current fabia. We all know the flaws in te VRSs handling, but its got the old 9n Polo platform so was never going to be on rails was it!

Why?

When the new Fabia comes out in 2 years or so, its going to be compared to the Fiesta ST and the Clio RS which will be old platforms by then. YOu compare it to the alternatives on the market when it goes to sale. The fact that its using an old platform means very little other than VAG/Skoda are penny pinching and not bothering to develop a new platform and duping people into buying an old product with a new shell and engine.

• Like 1

Ford always manage to make great handling cars that are not compromised. Just look at every ST be it Fiesta, Focus or Mondeo that has been released. They have all been MASSIVE sellers and great fun to drive. Thats why the new Focus ST is also available in ST guise, so it can cater for a wider market. It doesnt have to be impractical to be an involving hot hatch

I like it, but I'm simply too old to consider one. My old dear has a Zetec and it's a very nice car to drive (bits of the interior - particularly the dashboard plastics - are a bit nasty though). .

Anyway, I'm very happy with my Fabia - I like 'ugly' cars, so even the appearance doesn't bother me. It's understated, which suits me.

Edit: I only wandered into this forum by mistake - danger of accessing BS from my phone.

The focus st estate has same space as a fabia estate which is so lol!

How can a bigger car have less or similar space, muppets.

I think you lot that got the hatch are upset, I'm happy - I have a niche car as nobody makes a fast estate in this size ;)

Edited by Ad Lav

The focus st estatet has same space as a fabia estate which is so lol!

How can a bigger car have less or similar space, muppets.

I think you lot that got the hatch are upset, I'm happy - I have a niche car as nobody makes a fast estate in this size ;)

Evidently Ford do and its faster lol

OK.

I've printed it off and it's replacing the soft feeling Andrex upstairs as we speak :giggle:

Oh i love it when people tinker with a brand new car, put pointless extra weight on it, try to tune the engine, lower it etc - then moan when they start having problems with it! I'm glad my comments are soothing your arse, just like my heated seats do in my perfectly working VRS.

• Like 2

Need to or want to change?

Due to warranty etc?

I will be extending warranty for another 2 years, takes me to June 2015 to change that way.

No fiesta estate anyway so rules it out for me :)

Are you going to extend the warranty with skoda as i thought you could only do this when buying a new one?!

Need to or want to change?

Due to warranty etc?

I will be extending warranty for another 2 years, takes me to June 2015 to change that way.

No fiesta estate anyway so rules it out for me :)

If the new Fabia Vrs was out by dec 2014 that would be my first choice. I would not keep my current Vrs longer than 3 years because because of future problems that might occur.

I have loved my car but because of reliability worries I would not take the risk.

So that only really gives me one choice and that is the Fiesta ST which I know is not the perfect choice.

Some have said their DSG isn't as good as ours. Is a bit slow between gears and that's from Steve Sutcliffe who has said the manual box will die soon. Put it up against a GT86 and he preferred the GT86 even if the Clio was a little faster in a straight line

Some have said their DSG isn't as good as ours. Is a bit slow between gears and that's from Steve Sutcliffe who has said the manual box will die soon. Put it up against a GT86 and he preferred the GT86 even if the Clio was a little faster in a straight line

Yip saw that video too and he makes a good point. Some of these cars forget about the fun factor - it is not always how fast you can go.

• Like 1

I've been debating "downgrading" to a Swift Sport but maybe a newer one so it's 6 speed. My brother has the old one and he let me drive it home from Brecon a few days ago. I laughed all the way home. It's hysterical fun. Not as much power as the vRS but it really didn't matter. Had no problem overtaking things and corner entry speed was just as high as my vRS and gave loads of confidence when blasting out of corners to the next one. You can't beat the sound or feel of a N/A engine. It does have a few things I would change but if I did get one the slippery slope of modifying would begin as there's quite a few things you can do to make them handle even better.

Oh i love it when people tinker with a brand new car, put pointless extra weight on it, try to tune the engine, lower it etc - then moan when they start having problems with it! I'm glad my comments are soothing your arse, just like my heated seats do in my perfectly working VRS.

I'm not moaning about anything. If you had been back to the dealer 8 times in 12 months, you'd be miffed. Don't be so ******* patronising.

The oil usage has nothing to do with a remap you idiot. :finger:

To be fair I've been back to the dealers 8 times or more in the last 2 years but what car can you buy that you won't take back that many times?

I haven't found one yet..,