Carry on Yeti

MCAMRA

I think he was !

But as usual 'sad cowards' hidden behind their laptops (who are probably not even old enough to drive a car nevermind own a Yeti) decide to publicly beat him up on a forum for......making a comment. But then again that seems to happen on every thread....by the same (i have got 20000 posts to my name) people . Well done ! Top on the class ! Great advertisement for this site and the Yeti.

Troll?

Intent on causing trouble wherever you turn up?

Except when you have a question you need answering of course.

You know very little about the "sad cowards"

You have no idea how old, or young, they are and you obviously have no sense of humour.

If you don't like the camaraderie in the yeti forum, maybe you should stop visiting and go elsewhere?

• Like 3

MCamra

I'm not sure whether you are agreeing with me or not, but as one who has well over 2000 postings on this Forum, I do find your comments above to be slightly OTT.

I can assure you that JCP and Dom are well over driving age and certainly do own Yeti's

I was agreeing with you. My coments are sometimes OTT....I agree again.

But please dont tell me that the two comments made earlier were justified to a 'new' member.......and for me that is the problem with this forum.......ITS NOT OPEN. There is an 'old school' here who 'say what they like, and they like what they bloody well say'....and in the same time they think they run the show. NO they dont. The advertisers here on this site run the show. Without them, there is no forum. Leave this forum for people who want to enjoy, learn, get advice about their car. I have no problem with the odd joke, blah blah blah....but not on every thread. Its spoiling it for others....and I mean specifically for new members. Imagine if someone has just bought a new Yeti,....they have a problem, would like to ask a question....but would they really have the nerve. Just read some of the threads lately (not just in terms of taste) but more often than not new members are being villified here for no reason.....and lets be clear by generally the same people.

• Like 2

Let's get a few things straight from your earlier comments: I am retired, do own a Yeti as of December 2012, I am a relatively newcomer, have never been slated for anything I have commented on, I am not put off by the comments of others, the forum is not for "old school" only, it is open to everyone. Just look at the recent newcomers currently joining in, and finally if you do not like what you read...DO NOT READ IT!! Maybe I have a sense of humour

Lets get a few things straight......I have been coming to BRISKODA for 4 years...and I am not retired (not sure what the hell that has got to do with anything). This 'Yeti' forum has changed as Johann pointed out recently a lot over the last couple of years. Its now run by a selected few who give no real imput or advice for Yeti owners but have accumulated a lot of pointless posts which seem to give them supremacy over everyone else....I think these are the real TROLLS !!!!...... All they do is insult others or just put off people from visiting/joining this site !

• Like 1

Lets get a few things straight......I have been coming to BRISKODA for 4 years...and I am not retired (not sure what the hell that has got to do with anything). This 'Yeti' forum has changed as Johann pointed out recently a lot over the last couple of years. Its now run by a selected few who give no real imput or advice for Yeti owners but have accumulated a lot of pointless posts which seem to give them supremacy over everyone else....I think these are the real TROLLS !!!!...... All they do is insult others or just put off people from visiting/joining this site !

I mentioned my age as further up this page you commented as follows "But as usual 'sad cowards' hidden behind their laptops who are probably not even old enough to drive a car nevermind own a Yeti)" that was my response. This will also be my last comment on this thread as it is a waste of my time. If you care to look carefully you may also discover that it is yourself who seems to be casting most of the derogatory comments about others on this forum and also seem to be winding everyone up. Earlier I gave you the benefit of the doubt about being a troll, I am changing my mind on this
  • Like 2

A "dry" forum with no banter talking about the sprockets and springs of a car would, very quickly, die a death.

Does some of the "carry on, oo matron" type stuff make it hard to read certain threads, yes it does.

Does it make the place a bit brighter from time to time? yes it does that too.

Do i own a yeti, yes i do.

There does appear to be a bit of an older timers "club" on here but i don't think they've ever made me feel unwelcome or "small".

Really i think you need to consider just ignoring the posts you don't want to read.

If something is going OTT i tend to go do something else instead.

I certainly think life is too short to get into a heated debate over whether or not an open forum has peoples sense of humour on display.

Then again that's just my youngster view of the world (relatively speaking anyway).

Edited by AlleyCat`
  • Like 4

IGNORED!

Fred

• Like 3

I mentioned my age as further up this page you commented as follows "But as usual 'sad cowards' hidden behind their laptops who are probably not even old enough to drive a car nevermind own a Yeti)" that was my response.

Fair point......I apologise.

Apology accepted, why don't we all wind down this thread now and live in peace with each other from now on

I think the issue which has been rumbling on here is that the forum is set up in a structured way with sections for specific models, and for generic things like car audio or maintenance, and then for all the banter stuff there is the off topic section. Without wishing to sound like a moderator (I'm not and have no inclination to be one as it's a thankless task), the appropriate place for this type of banter thread, is in the off topic section. I seem to remember it's in the rules of Briskoda. For some reason, within the yeti section, there can be tendency to duplicate things which already exist on the wider forum, within the yeti section - eg recently there was a suggestion that we should have an off topic section.

I think that's at the crux of what was being suggested - keep the off topic banter in the area devoted to that purpose. All motoring type forums have these sections in my experience. And I wasn't trying to shoot anyone down in flames earlier, I was suggesting that if someone is annoying you, just add them to the ignore list. It really does help.

So there we are - and I'm not retired either!

:happy:

• Like 3

......... - keep the off topic banter in the area devoted to that purpose. All motoring type forums have these sections .......

So there we are - and I'm not retired either!

:happy:

+1. Alternatively in an appropriately named thread, such as this one. I personally have no problem with a light hearted laugh in the right place, but.....

I do find it a bit frustrating when, occasionally, the threads are taken off topic by "banter" effectively killing the purpose of the O.P. Maybe humorous but a bit "cliquey" at times - so potentially off putting for newbies...... just my 2 centimes worth.

Oh, and I'm an early (read "relatively young") retiree :-)

• Like 3

As one who likes to join in with the banter on this forum and have been a member since 2010 and over 50 and can drive, and have a yeti, I don't think I am a TROLL, if I can give any member a little help or advice I for one will do so and have done, but not having access to the internet at work most thing are explained before I even read the start of the topic.

I think its a case of read the start of any topic and the replies you feel you need to and skip through the rest until you find something you feel you need to read again.

As for who runs this forum it's Colin if any of my posts are removed or moved I can live with that, it's the mods choice and I will not argue with them.

• Like 3

I do find it a bit frustrating when, occasionally, the threads are taken off topic by "banter" effectively killing the purpose of the O.P. Maybe humorous but a bit "cliquey" at times - so potentially off putting for newbies...... just my 2 centimes worth.

A totally valid point this... Which is why it irks me as a non newbie and quarter-century-before-I-can-retire "youngster". There's a time and place for everything.

• Like 4

Maybe as well as "off topic" we should ask Colin to set up "smutty, benny hill style innuendo"? :o

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think this thread title should be changed to Carry On Moaning :giggle:

Are you being smutty again?

• Like 2

Maybe as well as "off topic" we should ask Colin to set up "smutty, benny hill style innuendo"? :o

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you want an off topic section, why not use the one from the main board?

You've not seen bobs naughty corner then?