very upset,angry, please dont open if you dont like blood , need to share this with someone before i explode

stig1

IMHO There is no point is being specific with breeds of dog. Any breed can be good and any breed can be bad all depending on the owners. Knuckle draggers such as the OP describes would drive a Labrador rabid.

The sanctions against the owners need to be much harsher since that is where the problem is. The dog license should be brought back and mandatory chipping by a vet.

Likely the dog owners in this case are in Council owned or social housing. I wonder if they are allowed more than one dog according to their tenancy agreements? Sometimes pets are banned or it's restricted to one.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

As a farmer I have had experience of out of control dogs attacking ewes, ultimately farmers can legally shoot dead dogs that attack livestock and recover costs from the dogs owners. I find it worrying that where a loved pet is being attacked there is little legal means of taking action against the offending dogs.

The owners of these dogs need buckshot up the @rse too

• Like 1

If the Police are powerless for the act of the attack on private property side due to the current laws, that is no their fault, but I would expect them to at the very least explain this and not need to make an appointment where ultimately it appears that this might be all they do. Still human trespassing and im sure some form of damage caused etc are matters which could be addressed by them.

the police have just been and what a waste of time , they aint going to do a bloody thing no trespass no criminal damage , no dangerous dog act nothing the lady officer said two staffs cant break a fence like that , and they wont do criminal damage , as shes saying the damage doesnt like like it was caused by him climbing on it , cant do him for tresspass as he only walked through and didnt take anything , and and nothing about the dogs her words where it was a viscious attack , im really angry now and feel really let down by them , im scared to let the dogs out now as i now them dogs can break through the fence easy im gonna have to gravel board right across 38ft by 6ft high but cant do that yet so my dogs have got to suffer

Gutted for you dude, really stinks. If someone enters your property without permission and beyond that having expressibly refused access to the point they climbed over car and roof of garage, I don't see the problem especially if neighbour witnessed it. If the person who was trespassing 'scared you' or you felt 'intimidated' make sure those words are used. I would be asking to speak to the duty sgt now to go over things again.

Did they not address the fact your wife was attacked and suffered an injury which was assessed and treated by medical professionals? I mean in the sense of destruction order for the animals rather than the seemingly impossible action against owners for that side of it.

I would be looking up the numbers of your local news papers right now and any legal aid you might have with bank account's car and home insurance etc.

As above, go public with this...it seems to be the only way to get the police todo anything these days

Either that or say you feel it sexualy/religusly/racialy attacked, they seem to care more about people feelings these days

the police have just been and what a waste of time , they aint going to do a bloody thing no trespass no criminal damage , no dangerous dog act nothing the lady officer said two staffs cant break a fence like that , and they wont do criminal damage , as shes saying the damage doesnt like like it was caused by him climbing on it , cant do him for tresspass as he only walked through and didnt take anything , and and nothing about the dogs her words where it was a viscious attack , im really angry now and feel really let down by them , im scared to let the dogs out now as i now them dogs can break through the fence easy im gonna have to gravel board right across 38ft by 6ft high but cant do that yet so my dogs have got to suffer

Was it a normal "beat" officer or someone from the dog handlers unit? It may make a difference or may be no difference but id of thought a dog handler would possibly see it from a different point of view knowing what any dog is capable of? Only a sugestion as our shep once nipped a delivery man because he swung a package up, the dog must of thought he was going for mum. A dog handler came and gave us a visit and basically checked how our dog reacted to various "tests" if you will! It seems your only option is to go public and they might take notice!?

the most shocking thing for me is the police reaction. something has to be done about these people, or the same kind of tradgegy will happen again..... in the paper today there was a guy who was prosecuted for allowing his dog to kill a cat, he was prosecuted for causing unessesary suffering to an animal.... surely these people can be charged with the same thing......

as for the staffies, its the OWNERS who are the problems, not the dogs, my brother has 2 rescuse staffies... its the way people treat them, just because its the dog of choice for these neandertals, doesn't mean its the breeds fault, the same would have happened if it was 2 German shepards these thugs had decided to own and train to be nasty....

please keep us updated, hope your dog recovers, and really hope the police do their job, or these people will simply not get any punishment, and next time its someones child on a trampoline in their back garden......

broken britain :( they think its cool, and these dogs have become "status symbols" to the uneducated thugs.

edit: as others have said, complain about the police reaction, and go to the press...

• Like 1

I would be putting a complaint in to the cheif constable and the independant complaints commision AND a letter outlining the polices attitude to the local rag.

+1

You should also write a letter to your MP with a copy to the Home Secretary.

• Like 1

Hi - further to my last posting quote section 3(3) Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and Home Office Circular 29/1997 which lays out the offence of allowing a dog be in a private place where it injures someone or gives rise to fear that it could happen.

Williams v Richards (1907) and Briscoe v Dhattock (1998) are stated cases that indicate dangerously out of control applies to livestock as well as humans. There is an offence here and they should be dealing on your behalf and to prevent a reoccrance. Phone up to make a formal complaint and show them the depth of public impact on here let the press know and quote these stated cases. Good luck but you shouldn't need it - sorry to say its a disgracefull level of service.

• Like 2

Go to the newspapers, pure and simple. It's a sad fact but they love this kind of thing. The Daily Mail certainly has the right kind of agenda and a story showing a couple of pics and another mentioned as being "too horrific to show" will genuinely having your thug neighbours terrified of a 'visit' from some animal rights activists.

The apalling response from the police is another tragic but newsworthy addition to the story.

Use Twitter too, post the worst pics. This sort of thing can be around the world in minutes.

These thugs have nothing to fear from the poilce, but if they suddenly realise that what they've allowed to be done is all over the internet they will not sleep comfortably. Whatever you do though, stay within the law.

• Like 2

You can do loads about trespass but saying its not trespass because they didn't take anything is completely wrong. Taking something simply makes it burglary - to do that you have to enter as a trespasser with the intention of doing something wrong.

I'd continue to persue it for sure, makes me angry just thinking about it.

Still disagree with the 'its nothing to do with the breed' comments though. I love all animals and certainly wouldn't form opinions about a new dog I don't know, but I can't ignore the evidence laid out. Look at the girl who got killed by those staffs and mastiffs - there was a fifth dog, ****zhu or something, which want even involved and wasn't killed. If it was simply the way they were kept, then surely it would have had the same mentality? For me it's a combination. The power of a fighting dogs jaw is immense compared to other types, why would you want to risk it? Even with the best will in the world, the best owner and training, a dog has a mind of its own at the end of the day. I don't doubt there are more pet Staffies who cause no harm than there are who do, but it's easier to provoke out of them than other breeds of dog. I also feel sorry for the hundreds of them that are dumped by people who buy them then decide they can't be bothered to look after them. The dog shelters are full of bull breeds, it's very sad.

It wouldn't surprise me if the owners of the dogs are known to the police and the Lady officer is scared of going to their property so trying to fob you off. We have a similar thing in that a couple have just moved in on our street (quiet street mainly pensioners) with a pitbull / mastiff cross breed they were raided by undercover police within the first week of moving in so they are known to the police. The Man drives a different high priced vehicle everyday Range Rover / Audi A5 etc. He lets this Pitbull type roam the close unatended and urinate on everyones garden. I contacted the police as this thing is defo covered by the dangerous dogs act and ran at me while i was washing the car if he hadn't shouted it back it would have bit me because its fur was up at the back of its neck. luckily i had an extended reach Wrench and lump hammer in my hand at the time so it would have come off worse but i fear for my wife when shes getting the kids out of our car and im not there, the dog is much bigger than my 4 year old girl. The police said basically if its not yet bit me or the family there is nothing they can do. Its very shocking looking at the photos you posted and i really feel for you but please don't give up with the case and keep persuing it. Its sounds to me as you have a very strong case and even if you don't continue for youself do it for your neighbours because i can imagine them dogs will do it again and maybe a kid next time.

Sad times when one of the family dogs is atacked lije yours. All the best with the dog hope she pulls through I love german shepards. I know where I live the big thing is people taking dogs for dog fighting. Its sad times and police should be doing more. Where all here for you on briski and most wikling to help out best we can.

todays pic of keira , she is a little better today shes eatten a bit more and been for a short walk so fingers crossed , but on the other side of things the police arnt going to take action and nither can the rspca all because the human injurys aint bad enough , i wish the injurys would of been on me than my dog atleast somthing would of been done then , the thing that is playing on my mind now is who or what is going to be there next poor victim

post-26795-0-35893200-1366826578_thumb.jpg

• Like 2