very upset,angry, please dont open if you dont like blood , need to share this with someone before i explode

stig1

Please donate anything you can in this thread...

http://www.briskoda....-the-vets-fees/

See post 5 for details of how to chip in. :)

Lets come together as a community and get this guy some help with the

huge vet bill he's now facing.

A HUGE thanks from me on behalf of Stig1 :thumbup: (Richard)

I contacted him this afternoon and offered some help and I can tell you

anything we can do together to help will be massively appreciated.

• Like 3

So sorry to hear this - truly horrific.

Hope she makes a good recovery and that your wife is ok too. Must have been really traumatic for you both to see this.

Keep up the pressure on the police - I would have real concerns that this dog could easily strike again and both dog and owner need to account for this horror.

I think this is terrible.

The police really need to pull the finger out now.

As a farmer I have had experience of out of control dogs attacking ewes, ultimately farmers can legally shoot dead dogs that attack livestock and recover costs from the dogs owners. I find it worrying that where a loved pet is being attacked there is little legal means of taking action against the offending dogs.

Hope your dogs make a speedy recovery.

farmers can legally shoot dead dogs that attack livestock and recover costs from the dogs owners.

So, fancy a trip to the Brum area then? ;) ;)

sorry for the late reply we fell asleep we are both burnt out its been a very hard 24 hrs , i can only say how greatfull we are for all your kind words , advise and surport , there isnt much of a update on keira"s condtion , when we rang they said they had fitted a drain to her neck to drain fluid from the area , i will update you all as soon as i know any think , and again thank you

• Like 2

poor mutt :( absolute joke what has happened to your best friend. really hope she gets better.

I've had a similar thing happen to my and my dog. wasnt a staffy though but a wrotweiller being walked with no lead by some rough woman. launched its self at my pup of a collie cross for the only reason being it dared to look at it with a naive sense of curiosity. managed to kick it in the head out of the way before it got to her though and the woman tried having a go at me for it!

Got to be honest, didnt have the guts to stick around with that thing barking away so picked up my dog and legged it.

dont have the guts to open those images either. poor thing.

Bloody junkie dogs I hate staffies with a passion. Owned and bred for all the wrong reasons.

I realise that many Staffies are bred for the wrong reasons by people who are complete idiots. Not all of them are though: I have a friend with a Staffie which is microchipped and has a name collar so if she (Ruby, the dog) attacked anyone then tracing the owner would not be a problem.

My sympathies to your damaged dog though, Stig: hope (s)he makes a full recovery.

Dave

bit of a up date keira is coming home toady about 1 ish the vet thinks she will be better off at home rather than being in there pens at the vets , we have got to go and speak with the vet to see how to give her , her treatment and use the drain in here neck and regular short walks to help move swelling and fluids and i will get you all some pics a big thanks to all

• Like 3

Have you found out who it was? What have the police said?

yes the people live in the house at the rear of mine and police are saying they cant come till 6 pm tonight as they dont have any ealier appointments

Appointments!

You need a sodding appointment before plod will do anything these days?!?

Remind me to prebook my mugging.

• Like 2

yes the people live in the house at the rear of mine and police are saying they cant come till 6 pm tonight as they dont have any ealier appointments

That's disgusting behavior by the police. And they wonder why so many don't get on with them

bit of a up date keira is coming home toady about 1 ish the vet thinks she will be better off at home rather than being in there pens at the vets , we have got to go and speak with the vet to see how to give her , her treatment and use the drain in here neck and regular short walks to help move swelling and fluids and i will get you all some pics a big thanks to all

That is a positive step as she will feel more comfortable with you in her own home, has your Mrs had a checkup yet ?

I'm afraid that the dog(s) that did this needs to be destroyed, if your wife was bitten, it could be someones kid next time.

Good luck going forward from this.

keira is home now , mrs been to the doctors they just updated her tetanus jab and theres nothing thats wont put its self right with her , keira is very happy to be home i cant tell you that , the vet said its going to to a long road till she is right again there are hoping that the skin on her neck takes if not its going to be more operations but we are all hoping it dont come to that as you will see in the pics im going to try and post she has 3 fluid drains in her neck and has had 40+ stiches in total both sides she has just eatten a bit of her food and had some water now is fast asleep in her bed , i explanded that the forum was helping me to find the money to pay the growing bill and they where happy for me to pay 200 pounds and settle the balance in the next few weeks as she is going to have to go back every couple days so they can keep a eye on the injurys thanks to you all that have helped so far

• Like 1

Words fail me. Unfortunately from what you have said about the owners of the Staffs they sound like they are the stereotypical idiots that have them as a status symbol and I hope they are punished.

I wish Keira a full and speedy recovery. Keep us updated.

Just make sure she doesn't scrat and she avoids an infection, I would be so tempted to lather the area in Manuka honey but ask you vet first. Dogs are surprisingly resiliant so all being well she will make a full and speedy recovery. :thumbup:

Gorgeous looking pooch even with the shave :love:

• Like 1

So upset by your ordeal, hopefully all will turn out ok given time.

Just a thought if the police don't intend to take any action could'nt you get the RSPCA involved ?

Hope your dogs and obviously your wife as well get over this horrific incident as soon as poss.

Not good.

It almost makes one want to apply for a shot gun or taser licence.

BBC seems to think that there may be further government legislation following the case of the kid that got mauled in the family home:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-22082638

http://epetitions.di...petitions/47845

I'd go further than the petitioners have and request that certain categories of the fashionable dangerous dogs (With a recent notoriety) be banned from domestic ownership and that elsewhere (Government or commercial use) they be compelled to wear a muzzle at all times in uncontained, peopled areas. The ban could always be reviewed and updated, according to outcome say every 10 years.

As to the Police not taking action because the incident occurs on private property, then what's the possibility that it started in the street and spread to your property - it must have done. At best, the owner lost control of his dog (Fact) either in his property or on the street (Fact). In which case the dog was a some stage out of control on the street (Fact) and then entered your property and attacked your dog (Fact) - nothing circumstantial there.

I would think that if its repeated then they could pursue the owners under the anti-social behaviour legislation. And what about threatening behaviour, breach of the peace

With these dyed-in-the-wool anti-social types, its their reason for being, so its almost certain that something else will occur down the line, probably effecting someone else in the neighbourhood. And it will probably continue until they vacate the property (As they usually do, either when the tenancy runs out or the bailiffs come round for an eviction). Is there any possibility to galvanise the neighbours into doing a bit of web-caming so you start accumulating evidence at an early stage ?

For anybody with a pre-existing health condition, it can't be good having people who behave in this way living near you - would the neighbours join in a petition ?

As a minimum, I'd get this incident documented (Don't forget the photos) and submit a copy each to the Police,Council, Animal welfare organisations, MP, relevant Government Minister (Latter two might be a bit less torpid and self-concerned than usual given legislation is in prospect) if only to give them a "Heads-up" of your situation and add to the weight of public opinion for positive action.I've always found that a small investment in time, energy and expense generally gets a positive outcome in these matters.

Hope all concerned get better soon.

Nick

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 1