Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

its not just taking the DTUK box out before going back to dealer. its the wires too and im not looking forward to doing the boost adapter again lol, very awkward location!

its not just taking the DTUK box out before going back to dealer. its the wires too and im not looking forward to doing the boost adapter again lol, very awkward location!

Ah yes, the bottom plug, just a bit of advice, be very careful when you try and take it out, my first attempt ended in tears, the plug clip broke! I ended up having to smash the plug from the underside of the car, very awkward location and took an hour or so. If the clip breaks you are essentially stuffed and the method I mention here is the only way.........Equally with the OEM plug......

Ah yes, the bottom plug, just a bit of advice, be very careful when you try and take it out, my first attempt ended in tears, the plug clip broke! I ended up having to smash the plug from the underside of the car, very awkward location and took an hour or so. If the clip breaks you are essentially stuffed and the method I mention here is the only way.........Equally with the OEM plug......

If you have an old wire coat hanger, straighten it and but a small bend on the end.. They make an ideal tool for the job :)

WOW!. Its great. That turbo sensor is a bitch though. I have only taken it for a short run on stock settings but it makes such a difference to 3rd and 4th gear. Thanks Andrew!.

• Like 2

It is just on preset at the current time. If you have a suggested setting, let me know.

best advice will be to try them all mate

start from:

Map 1 +0

Map 1 +1

Map 1 +2

Map 2 +0

Map 2 +1

Map 2 +2

Map 3 +0

Map 3 +1

Map 3 +2

Map 4 +0

Map 4 +1

Map 4 +2

although this can be long winded! try Map 4 +1

All is really good. So I took it down to Brighton on standard 1 setting. Good mpg and pulls great in 3rd and 4th. Today I went for the suggested 4+1. It really is amazing and on top of that I was doing really great MPG. I will give it a proper run to work in Reading tomorrow. Really cant recommend this enough.

• Like 1

I think I have read most of this thread but I don't think I have come acroos any non VRs/DSG posts. Has anyone fitted a DTUK box to a standard 140PS CRTD manual or more specifically to a manual Scout? If so are the results as impressive?

Cheers.

I think I have read most of this thread but I don't think I have come acroos any non VRs/DSG posts. Has anyone fitted a DTUK box to a standard 140PS CRTD manual or more specifically to a manual Scout? If so are the results as impressive?

Cheers.

Matthews car is a manual, and the latest software were adding to the CRD-T is shared between the manual and dsg and for both the 140 and 170ps CR variants of Skoda's

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

Whats your thoughts Andrew?.

sometimes the mpg readout will be affected, but im sure ive read somewhere that it can be recalibrated.

The most accurate way is to conduct the old fashioned tank to tank method..

Seems pretty accurate to me. What makes you think the MPG would be wrong Scoutvet?.

Just my observations after having the box on the car for 18+months. Maxidot reads between 50-60mpg most of the time but I'll average 550miles per tank which is more like 45mpg isn't it?

If you have an old wire coat hanger, straighten it and but a small bend on the end.. They make an ideal tool for the job :)

Does that mean I'll lose my radio signal? LOL!!

Dave

• Like 1