WEEPING YETI

wakev

Happen to notice tonight that the yeti has a weep.

post-52230-0-03616000-1366754243_thumb.jpg

No damage so must be a failed joint, due a service in 1800 miles. so will see the vet tomorrow and book a early service and get them to see why its unhappy, and put a smile back on its face :giggle:

Looks like oil/diesel to me.

Can you see where it's coming from?

It may be air-con leaking, not sure about the mould though.

It's the engine oil cooler that has a very slight weep form the end, it's going in on Monday for a service and to be looked into, the rads are oil, then air con then water,

Yup. The more times we post about defective Yetis the more likely it is you'll **** off and get the RAV 4

Has he posted again can't see it. I have put him on my f___ing idiot list :rofl:

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

been a little absent of late; cut off by BT for a few days, busy with work and loitering in the Fabia II Forum :giggle:

Anyway hope your poor Monsters ills are cured soon, ours goes in for a 30k time and distance service in a couple of weeks, although she's protesting it should be now :rofl:

Regards as always,

Tim.

It's the engine oil cooler that has a very slight weep form the end, it's going in on Monday for a service and to be looked into, the rads are oil, then air con then water,

I'm confused - I thought one was the intake air intercooler and the "oil cooler" was an oil/coolant intercooler on the front of the block :think:

Hi Kevin,

been a little absent of late; cut off by BT for a few days, busy with work and loitering in the Fabia II Forum :giggle:

Anyway hope your poor Monsters ills are cured soon, ours goes in for a 30k time and distance service in a couple of weeks, although she's protesting it should be now :rofl:

Regards as always,

Tim.

Hi Tim

Mine is just coming up to 18k now (other half has less distance to travel to work than you) , noticed the weep when I took my grill cover off, and looking at the dust covering and the amount of oil it has been weeping for a while. There is a slight oil dampness on the join at the front of the engine under tray but no dripping so it may be hard to find, but under warranty so they will probably just put a new oil cooler in. Will let you know the outcome next week.

I'm confused - I thought one was the intake air intercooler and the "oil cooler" was an oil/coolant intercooler on the front of the block :think:

Not looked that hard but one may be a duel rad ( :notme: may be wrong). On all the large machines I have driven and maintained the oil cooler was always the first in line then air con and inter cooler then water, (could be different on the yeti but the weep is defiantly oil)

PS the air con still works big time brrrrrrrr :giggle: , if it was the air con would have lost its gas

Yes there are three separate 'coolers' sandwiched together; front aircon, middle turbo inter-cooler and rear engine coolant. The oil cooler being the sardine tin shaped box on the front of the engine.

Often get a lot of oil mist in the turbo pipework (oil breather, bearing loss etc.) which will blow out of a faulty air inter-cooler akin to a oil leak.

TP

• Like 1

Well it turns out that its the air con rad weeping failed weld, so new rad going in tomorrow.

Also the vet noticed that the auxiliary water pump was looking damp, so they are changing that as well (only added a little coolant after the first week or so when new), wounder how many dealers would have left it ? and then it fails out of warranty, which only has one year left to run.

Very happy with the service from my dealer, attention to detail in every way. Getting the yeti back tomorrow smiley4.gif

PS must make a note off quality issues :rofl:

• Like 1

glad to hear she's on the mend :)

Mines in next week for service, as stated above; also getting her a full air con service as well, including new oil for the compressor (another dealer special offer) and look at the two paint blisters plus chase some of the boot rattles (sadly there's a few; slow speed and rough surfaces).

TP

Hi Tim

Had a laugh, through the post today a flyer from the dealer arrived saying its time to have you air con serviced to maintain its efficiency :rofl:, could say it being done very well with new parts :rofl: .

Hope yours gets a clean bill of health, and they track down those pesky rattles, only get the creaking door affect on mine, but a good clean and polish + AG rubber care soon gets rid of them for a month or two :thumbup:

Hi Tim

Had a laugh, through the post today a flyer from the dealer arrived saying its time to have you air con serviced to maintain its efficiency :rofl:, could say it being done very well with new parts :rofl: .

Hope yours gets a clean bill of health, and they track down those pesky rattles, only get the creaking door affect on mine, but a good clean and polish + AG rubber care soon gets rid of them for a month or two :thumbup:

I also had a card from the dealer about air con service. I queried it as I'd heard nothing and there is nothing in the service book about it. It's a Skoda "recommended" bi-annual service that costs £69. In view of my low annual mileage I declined.

If we get a heat wave and the air con can't cope I might reconsider.

Fred

Funnily enough Fred, the LESS you use your air con the more likely it is to need servicing (according to my local chap).

Locally I can get a pump-out, leak check, and refill for £45 from an independent.

It's a Skoda "recommended" bi-annual service that costs £69.

Err... is it recommended once every two years or twice a year? :think: The latter seems like an overkill...

Err... is it recommended once every two years or twice a year? :think: The latter seems like an overkill...

Every couple of years and I understand they replace the compressor bearing oil also.

TP

Bi-annual means every two years.

Common term to describe various garden plants that flower in the second year, or every two years, for example.