watch this space...

My estate wears these on the front and their grip in the wet is exceptional. They're also much quieter than the previous Bridgestone Turanzas. Wear rate is poor though - mine are down to 3mm after 12k. I've been very impressed by the Michelin energy saver + tyres on my Fiat and may well try these or the Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the Fab next time.

Rainsports are on the Swift all round. I can hassle faster hatches in corners when it's dry and in the wet it's even better. Hilarious seeing the bewilderment of some kid in a Type-R not able to get away from me when it's raining :D Think the vRS would be too hard on them though but if they did last 12k on the front I'd be more than happy. 8-10k is the norm

If I has rainsports on , on this nice hot day at the track at briskoda 'how fast' session, I fear I'd melt them by the end of the day!!

Yep, the rainsports are softies alright. I like to get at least 18k from a decent tyre myself but then my car doesn't perform like a vRS. Great tyre is the Rainsport 2, but i'm going for Michelins next time around.

ok.... 700 miles completed (almost) faultlessly this weekend to attend and drive at the bedford brisky "how fast" session :)

bloody great day , phantom at work...

dsc1928zps50816dce.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and when I say "almost" faultless, the tyres were even poorer on the track than the road, they simply melted, cant get rid of them fast enough!

img0980bpl.jpg

• Like 1

How where the brakes on the track?

I have the same factory standard setup as sharkrider but in Hatch version.

My brakes simply burned. Factory pads melted and discs were blue white from massive overheating. OEM brakes are not suitable for my style of track driving.

To solve this problem I will first change VCDS brake settings and use track pads, like Ferrodo DS2500. If this doesn't work bigger, multipot calipers and bigger rotors will come in order to reduce the temps. After first 5-6 laps when I came back to the pits people were runing for fire extinguishers lol.

A favour please.?

Can you look above the 205/40 ZR17 84w

& see if they have on them,

'treadwear 240 traction AA temperature A'

george

So what do the numbers/letters mean then and how does it transfer to the performance i.e. "A"-soft "AA"-best traction "treadwear240" => dissapear after few laps driven in anger? ;)

No idea.

I just wondered, i have several tyres from 2010 that are worn through use and hard work, (need to look and see if the same markings.)

and some on now that are new and marked as sharkriders are.

Just wanted to see if they were all carrying the same details on the tyres.

My tyres just get worn out, not cooked, so i had not seen Sports Maxx before looking like those after a track session.

george

• Like 1

I've seen full racing intermediate tyres looking like that after manufacturer testing day when run in dry conditions. It is a sign of overheating leading to rubber simply falling off the tyre. It is the most pronounced on brand new tyres where tread blocks are tall and are moving a lot generating even more heat.

like I've said before, never happened at the ring, or castle combe with my maxxis on.... I'm about to go outside, and swop my wheels over to my old ones with the maxxis tyres, and put the new ones up for sale....

right, I have spend several hours giving myself a bad back, and am now in pain, BUT I have cleaned and used G3 to resin wax my old wheels, and put them on my car....

img0990gx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

new wheels are for sale here... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278003-17-inch-fabia-vrs-ii-gigaro-alloy-wheels-as-new-4-weeks-old-tyres-7-mill-and-8mill-black/#entry3290682

RS2's - had them on the Scirocco which came with Bridgestones from new (Potenza something) and I found dry grip the same, wet grip much improved, possibly a little noisier and lasted slightly longer.

Dunlops - only worth using for underlay. Lousy in the wet, dangerous in the cold, noisy and hard. Now got Conti SC5's on the back and you can tell - the back doesn't wander at all. Just got to kill the Dunlops on the front and get a matching pair of Contis now.

Track Day melts them, you say? :D Got a couple of nice twisty uphill stretches on the way to and from work and hopefully a good Autobahn blast might finish them off soon..

• Like 1

Next weekend I will by at the Eifel Nurbungring race so my vRS will get nice autobahn run ! Just bought a set of Wolfrace Superlights with some budget new tyres for £210 lol so need Dunlops killed as well :).