What would you change?

wilkenstein

So I've had my Yeti for a few weeks now and I love it to bits, but I'm not one of those that thinks it's the perfect car and there's certainly one or two things I'd change about it. I'm not referring to options I wish I'd had (or not had) from the factory, but general changes to the model.

Firstly I think the instrument panel, and particularly the speedo was better in my Octavia, the big rings around the speedo & rev counter stick out a good inch or two too much and the scale of the speedo, going up in 20s could be much better done in my opinion.

The other thing is the boot & interior lights are pitifully weak, and yes I know you can get the super LED ones from SuperSkoda, and I'll probably get them when the darker nights start getting here, but I think Skoda should probably fit better ones from the factory.

That's about the end of the things I'd change, so the question is ...

What would you change?

Back of rear seats are only cloth so when seats are folded and form a 'floor' are vulnerable to damage.

Agree about speedo markings, need to remember metric equivalents and use the MFD.

Not keen on the way the dip switch operates but soon became accustomed.

Owners manual...

• Like 1

Raised interior rear view mirror.

Proper intermittant wipers ,rather than the infuriating " whenever they feel like it "automatic ones currently fitted. :wall:

I love the lunatic wipers, wipes when it's sunny and does bugger all when it's sheet rain :rofl: GENIUS.

• Like 3

I'd change:

1) The chrome rings around speedo and rev counter (and other shining misc in the cabin). Sometimes it can be annoying- reflecting sun or on dark, reflecting red stop / tail lights of cars passing, making me think a warning light comes on in the instrument cluster.

2) I would like to have electronic dimming rear view mirror, even on basic trim models.

3) Automatic power windows rising when locking the car from remote control key. Once I forgot the window a few cm open, so the next morning i had to drive sitting on a wet chair. Thankful the rain wasn't too heavy...

4) A way to disable / enable the "Coming Home / Leaving Home" function (on non Maxidot models)- In a similar way of disabling / enabling the DRLs. I like the AUTO lights feature but as it invokes the above function, it is prone to discharge the battery (also warn about in the owner's manual).

5) A more comfortable seat (seat itself- not backrest). I find it not wide enough or the side rests being too high. The left one sometimes bothers me, maybe because moving the left foot to activate the clutch. Also independent height control for front and back of the seat- as found on other cars.

And no, I'm not ranting about the Yeti- We like it very much !

Edited by rafi_arch

Some form of drain away to stop the rain collecting on the rear bumper .

Why no upgrade to new badges on new Yeti's? as you know after a short period of time the worm will appear on the old green badge.

• Like 2

It's interesting - if you look back to some on the original posts on this forum from 2-3 years ago, you'll see the same themes as to suggested improvements.

It's a trivial thing but one of my bugbears is the Skoda badge. How on earth did someone think that a multi-coloured cartoon cockerel was a good symbol fro a modern car. Give me something simple abstract and elegant like the Mazda or Infiniti or even the stars of Subaru. Mercedes has its well-known symbol too, though that's perhaps a bit hackneyed now.

• Like 1

1. The rear view mirror could be higher.

2. This has been discussed before.

3. The tailgate dumps water on you when opened if not careful.

4. When you open the doors in the wet/after been raining you get wet.

5. I prefer the flat dashboard of the Octavia to the deep recesses of the Yeti.

6. Hold the lock button to shut all windows, oh, it does that!

7. An indicator that shows when 4wd is engaged.

8. About 40-50mm more ground clearance.

9. Stop start on the DSG.

10. The new CR180 available with the DSG & 4x4.

11. The 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 with stop start etc.

Would I buy another? Yes, but only if it is improved. I'm not changing just to get a newer version with more warranty. I can't see the point.

To me an L&K Is a sideways step as it isn't available with the electric chair, and the only thing it offers over mine is the sunroof and logos.

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

• Like 1

6. Hold the lock button to shut all windows, oh, it does that!

Yes it does !

But I prefer an easier way- like on car alarm system fitted cars. My precedent car was fitted with, so lock / unlock was controlled from alarm system's RC (key was not fitted with RC). Alarm system contained a power window adapter module to rise the windows while pressing the RC button. Just a single short press, not a long continuous one until windows completely rises.

New cars here are not fitted with alarm systems due to new "environmental friendly / noise restrictions law".

Ive only had my Yeti a week, but I think they should redesign the centre armrest/box...its in the way of the handbrake. If you leave it open so its not in the way, it blocks the air vents for the rear passengers. Also, its annoying that when you get out of the car you can't open the rear doors or the boot without unlocking them with the fob first...or is there a setting I've missed?

rockhopper, memory seat is now available (£535).

And about time too, though it should be standard on the L&K.

The cost to change would be in the region of 10k for me by the time I have had mine for 3 years, so I am struggling to see the advantage of changing at the moment.

Also, its annoying that when you get out of the car you can't open the rear doors or the boot without unlocking them with the fob first...or is there a setting I've missed?

On the Maxidot, if you have one, there is a setting that allows you to chose which doors you want opened with 1 press of the fob.

A. Drivers door only

B. drivers side only

C. All 5 doors.

I don't think there is another option.

LED DRL's would be good.

Nice, very bright, white LED DRL's, all across the front of the car, so I go close behind the car in front and blind the driver like the young lads do to me in their Citroen DS3's.

Talk about seeing stars when one of those has been behind you for a while B)

LED DLR lights, as well as LED read lights.

Better (independant) arm rests like on Range Rovers

Press button stop start

Keyless entry

Make the ride height a few inches taller so one can 'look down' on smaller insignificant cars like Peugeot, Renault and Citroen :D (basically, ANY French TRASH :p)

Ive only had my Yeti a week, but I think they should redesign the centre armrest/box...its in the way of the handbrake. If you leave it open so its not in the way, it blocks the air vents for the rear passengers. Also, its annoying that when you get out of the car you can't open the rear doors or the boot without unlocking them with the fob first...or is there a setting I've missed?

Apologies in advance if you have tried this Zarniwoop but the central arm rest slides back and forward... on my car anyway. If its in the most forward position it does get in the way of the handbrake lever.

bigger boot

No no no SWMBO can get more than enough shopping in the boot now :rofl:

• Like 1