Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

On 05/09/2019 at 07:29, shyVRS245 said:

Nicely run in after that cross country collection and you forgot to mention you got it in the best colour.:tongueout:

Goes without saying! Black is scientifically a faster colour! 

4 hours ago, tinman80 said:

So are you saying to swap the wheels or just the tyres?

When they are worn go for Michelin or better Continental Tyres. Buy them through Asda Tyres, who will fit them through a local tyre dealer. Cheapest way to buy quality tyres that I know.

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Usain Bolt fastest man on Earth this is a fact.:tongueout:

But my white vRS can still see him off in any sprint especially up to 100 mph. So scientifically white is supreme

5 hours ago, BigBute said:

When they are worn go for Michelin or better Continental Tyres. Buy them through Asda Tyres, who will fit them through a local tyre dealer. Cheapest way to buy quality tyres that I know.

Agreed, or tyres on your drive. £160-£170 a corner.. they were over £200 at one point. 

The 225/35 are just too lower profile in any tyre. Just be careful with potholes! 

Reading another topic it looks as if the 19s are prone to curbing. Anyone recommend any protection for the rims? I'm starting to think going 18" might be a wise idea though ...

Cheers

Edited by tinman80

You can buy gator guard things fitted through ebay, It gives details of the fitting garage. Because of the ebay and paypal fees I'd just find the nearest one then ring them direct and get a price, all ebay sellers get fed up of the fees. You should be able to negotiate a discount going direct. 

8 hours ago, tinman80 said:

Reading another topic it looks as if the 19s are prone to curbing. Anyone recommend any protection for the rims? I'm starting to think going 18" might be a wise idea though ...

Cheers

Yeah I ripped a big strip of mine.. to be fair that was my fault. Think 18 next time. Look great but....

On 06/09/2019 at 09:33, Draxs77 said:

Watch those wheels.. offer no resistance to pot holes! Cost my about a grand! The p zeros  are terrible.. punctures galore! Much better once switched to mitchelins.. great car

All noted. Actually quite impressed with the PZeros so far, not my preference but will roll with it! 

14 Plate VRS TDI, picked it up tuesday and loving it. Came from an ST Mondeo, the build quality absolutely trumps the mondy. The retractable boot cover is broken so if anyone knows of one going cheap please let me know. Im from the Lincoln area.

20190911_140418.jpg

2 minutes ago, Huffski said:

14 Plate VRS TDI, picked it up tuesday and loving it. Came from an ST Mondeo, the build quality absolutely trumps the mondy. The retractable boot cover is broken so if anyone knows of one going cheap please let me know. Im from the Lincoln area.

20190911_140418.jpg

Try SuperSkoda. They are not cheap but cost less than Skoda UK. Hope you find a good used one in the meantime

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BigBute said:

Try SuperSkoda. They are not cheap but cost less than Skoda UK. Hope you find a good used one in the meantime

That website is cracking some really good stuff. They dont have one though, are there anymore sites like this.

32 minutes ago, jenson10 said:

Picked my VRS up a week ago, gone from a 2002 VRS to this 2014 one 

E289A869-B0CC-4F41-9599-E0FD480E7CCC.jpeg

Enjoy. Bet you noticed a difference.

1 hour ago, BigBute said:

Enjoy. Bet you noticed a difference.

Completely different car, as silly as it sounds the old one feels faster, probably due to the harsher suspension, the new one feels massive, very comfortable car, but after 353,000 miles in the old one I feel like I am cheating on it 😂, I feel gutted I have to get rid of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just a Nov 2017 3FL 1.4TSI Style here. So far the car only has 7.5k miles (12.5k km). So far so good, engine seems to have a very good balance between power and fuel consumption. Despite this, the next one will be a 2.0tsi or maybe vrs, although price-wise this car is onbeatable.

Excuse the quick picture, it's just now having its first service done.

PSX_20191005_121841.jpg

Got my 15 plate 1.4 TSI Elegance at the weekend. 

Tinted the rear windows, rubber mats & boot liner on the way for winter as well as a couple mini interior touches.

I'd like to paint the calipers red and fit the chrome exhaust tips in time, probably with a diffusor.

Skoda_1.thumb.jpg.fc759b0c0b7a6554022eecabb4c1dad7.jpg

Skoda_2.thumb.jpg.fb045d5f5cf551d954df2ae47140b024.jpg

• Like 1